Windows 10: No tooltips appear

Discus and support No tooltips appear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Looks like I spoke too soon - it's gone again. Seems to come and go randomly, sometimes works again after reboot and sometimes not. 24856 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by weamish, Sep 23, 2015.

1. weamish Win User

No tooltips appear

Looks like I spoke too soon - it's gone again. Seems to come and go randomly, sometimes works again after reboot and sometimes not.

:)

weamish, Sep 23, 2015

2. How do I get rid of the delay when mousing over taskbar icons?

How can I disable the DELAY when mousing over icons for pinned programs on the taskbar? What I mean is when I mouse over one of the icons for programs I have pinned to the taskbar it takes about 2 seconds for the tooltip to appear. What I want is when the
    mouse moves over the icon, the tooltip is INSTANTLY displayed with NO delay.

No tooltips appear [​IMG]

In the picture above I put the mouse over the calculator icon and it took 2 seconds for the tooltip to appear. I want to change that so that there is NO delay.

I have searched for this over and over and over again with the returned results being for how to disable the tooltip and everything else but what I want. Maybe I'm searching wrong, I don't know. I can not find a setting anywhere in the control panel for
    windows under any of the categories, none. If it's there it must be hidden pretty well because I have looked all logical ones and can not find it.

Also, I think whatever causes this delay in displaying tooltips in windows is the same setting that causes this delay in programs. For instance, when using adobe photoshop, a lot of the tools are on flyout menus and all the tools have tooltips that appear
    when moused over, however, the same delay time is there too. Would correcting this flaw in windows also correct this in photoshop and other programs?

This is driving me nuts! Someone please help!!!

JoeKidd243, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

So I've noticed that tooltips shows while windows is still starting up, but once everythings full up and running they disappear completely. I did the scannow /sfc. I also notice that microsoft programs have no problems displaying tooltips, like the Microsoft
    Upload Center tooltip always displays fine, but other programs don't. It's like they've changed how tooltips work and don't support legacy tooltips.

PartTimeTechie, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

No tooltips appear

Brink, Sep 23, 2015
  5. weamish Win User
    Already tried the reset, worked for a short time, then stopped working. No tooltips appear when hover mouse pointer over icons on right side of system tray (battery, wifi, volume control)

weamish, Sep 23, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 23, 2015
  7. weamish Win User
    Restarted Windows Explorer, tooltips working again - except that the wifi tooltip just shows "internet access" - does not specify the network as it did previously.

weamish, Sep 23, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

No tooltips appear

I'm afraid that I'm not sure what else to suggest for that. *Sad

Brink, Sep 23, 2015
  9. weamish Win User
    It's now identifying the network again. That's what I mean about Win 10 - it's just flaky, never know what's gonna go wrong next.

weamish, Sep 23, 2015
  10. weamish Win User
    Update: After a restart the tooltips are no longer working.

weamish, Sep 23, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 23, 2015
  12. weamish Win User
    Thanks Brink. It's continuing to occur. Sometimes it will start working again after a reboot, then stop working for no apparent reason. Very frustrating...

weamish, Sep 27, 2015
  13. rolando Win User

No tooltips appear

I am having the same issue. Restarting explorer worked for now. From what I remember it sometimes works after a reboot, but over time (multiple sleep/wake cycles) stops working again.

Is there an official way to submit these problems to Microsoft? I'm glad to have this resource (this forum), but I'm curious how microsoft learns about the problems to work on them.

rolando, Sep 27, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
  15. rolando Win User
    rolando, Sep 28, 2015
Thema:

No tooltips appear

1. No tooltips appear - Similar Threads - tooltips appear

2. Windows 11 - How can I change the hover tooltip information to show year along with date...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - How can I change the hover tooltip information to show year along with date...: As seen in the screenshot, I want to change the way the date is displayed in Windows Explorer, both in the folder and in the hover tooltip so that the date shows year along with date and month....
  3. Windows 11 - How can I change the hover tooltip information to show year along with date...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - How can I change the hover tooltip information to show year along with date...: As seen in the screenshot, I want to change the way the date is displayed in Windows Explorer, both in the folder and in the hover tooltip so that the date shows year along with date and month....
  4. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover: I'm running Windows 10 and while working this evening, the tooltips somehow turned on. I've been able to disable them within Windows Explorer, but hovering on the start menu shows "Start", every single button in Lightroom wants to immediately give me a popup telling me what...
  5. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover: I'm running Windows 10 and while working this evening, the tooltips somehow turned on. I've been able to disable them within Windows Explorer, but hovering on the start menu shows "Start", every single button in Lightroom wants to immediately give me a popup telling me what...
  6. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Systray tooltips or a blue circle always displayed in top left corner of desktop - win 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Systray tooltips or a blue circle always displayed in top left corner of desktop - win 11...: when the desktop is shown, I see either a grey or blue circle not solid in the top left corner of the primary screen on my HP Omen 16.1 B0xxx laptop. If I hover the cursor over over a systray icon, that icon's tooltip replaces the circle. What on earth is going on here? Can I...
  8. Systray tooltips or a blue circle always displayed in top left corner of desktop - win 11...

Systray tooltips or a blue circle always displayed in top left corner of desktop - win 11...: when the desktop is shown, I see either a grey or blue circle not solid in the top left corner of the primary screen on my HP Omen 16.1 B0xxx laptop. If I hover the cursor over over a systray icon, that icon's tooltip replaces the circle. What on earth is going on here? Can I...
  9. Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears?: submitted by /u/themoredeviousduck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itpxcm/is_there_a_way_to_reduce_the_delay_before_this/
  10. Persistent tooltip appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Persistent tooltip appearing: A tooltip from the Home Ribbon left indent button in Word is persistent on my screen, including with other applications or Windows Explorer. [ATTACH] Any thoughts on the cause? How, short of a Restart, do I get rid of it? Windows 10 Professional. 10.0.18363 Build 18363...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows-10 taskbar tooltip time