Windows 10: No Windows 10 Administrator account

Discus and support No Windows 10 Administrator account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am in the middle of a problem where I am stuck in the Microsoft "Automatic Repair" loop. While stuck in this loop I tried changing the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BigRich, Sep 6, 2019.

1. BigRich Win User

No Windows 10 Administrator account

I am in the middle of a problem where I am stuck in the Microsoft "Automatic Repair" loop.

While stuck in this loop I tried changing the 'recoveryenabled' setting to 'No', only to find that my system does not have an 'Administrator' account.

I thought, obviously incorrectly, that when I created only a user account and gave it Administrator privileges that would "become" the Administrator account.

How can Microsoft let a system be created where no one can log on as Administrator and then only allow THE Administrator, not AN Administrator make certain important changes which you find out that you need only after you need them?

Anyway, I re-enabled the 'recoveryenabled' setting and am back to the Automatic Repair loop.

My question is, once I fix the non-boot problem or restore the system, how do I create what Microsoft deems the REAL Administrator's Administrator so I can administer my system when I need to in the future?

:)

BigRich, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown No Windows 10 Administrator account :(

Zakin, Sep 6, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

1. No Windows 10 Administrator account - Similar Threads - Administrator account

2. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...
  3. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...
  4. How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...: Windows 11 updated Windows 10 last year when it came out. Just installed all new updates today 4-11-2024, andnow it only shows that I must use Administraol Control with user ID and password, it never did that before.Please help. Now when I try to install an App, it always...
  5. How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...

How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...: Windows 11 updated Windows 10 last year when it came out. Just installed all new updates today 4-11-2024, andnow it only shows that I must use Administraol Control with user ID and password, it never did that before.Please help. Now when I try to install an App, it always...
  6. Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup: Hello,My issueI am running Windows 10 64-bit but I cannot sign in. Windows starts normally until sign in screen, where there are no accounts displayed. I see only the sign-in page background image and the menu options, with no account to click on.Here is what I did that...
  7. Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup

Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup: Hello,My issueI am running Windows 10 64-bit but I cannot sign in. Windows starts normally until sign in screen, where there are no accounts displayed. I see only the sign-in page background image and the menu options, with no account to click on.Here is what I did that...
  8. Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. How do I log out of administrator’s account on Windows 10 without logging into the computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I log out of administrator’s account on Windows 10 without logging into the computer...: I’m trying to long in my dad’s untouched computer and it already has an administrator logged in. So I need some help getting in to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-log-out-of-administrators-account-on/5c4e5034-0094-47a6-9614-02f7eed4075e
  10. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...