Windows 10: not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10

Discus and support not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kennethgrahamevans, Sep 5, 2018.

1. not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10

not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10

:)

kennethgrahamevans, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10 :(

Zakin, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Sep 5, 2018
  4. not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10

Mindweaver, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10

1. not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10 - Similar Threads - able change local

2. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10: Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is...
  3. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10: Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is...
  4. Changing from local account to microsoft account Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing from local account to microsoft account Windows 11: HiI've tried to change from a local account to Microsoft account.Go fine till i get to the screen where they ask for my password for last time.Keeps saying password is incorrectI have no trouble logging into outlook, office etc.I did notice it said windows password.I have...
  5. Changing from local account to microsoft account Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing from local account to microsoft account Windows 11: HiI've tried to change from a local account to Microsoft account.Go fine till i get to the screen where they ask for my password for last time.Keeps saying password is incorrectI have no trouble logging into outlook, office etc.I did notice it said windows password.I have...
  6. Can't change local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change local account to microsoft account: I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it...
  7. Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hi, When i first start up my new laptop, I used Microsoft Account to sign in and install all the program and apps including Microsoft Office. Now if I would like to change to Local Account, are the program and apps will remain the same or I will still need to install again?...
  8. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  9. Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon: Hello new to these forums and to Windows 10 in general - Windows 7 reasonably OK with. I bought a new laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit, and the initial setup left me with my Microsoft account and password as my sign in and my User folder as the first 5 letters of my...
  10. changing accounts from local to Microsoft?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing accounts from local to Microsoft?: Just a quick question: I have an old netbook on which I have always signed in to a local account, and this is an administrator account. If I want to sign in with my Microsoft account instead, would it still be an administrator account? And would I still be able to use all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to switch from local account to microsoft account