Windows 10: ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How...

Discus and support ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am new here. Been trying to get to the bottom of my infuriating problem with my laptop. Frequent BSODs, usually when the laptop has had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AfHy, May 7, 2020.

1. AfHy Win User

ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How...

Hi,

I am new here. Been trying to get to the bottom of my infuriating problem with my laptop. Frequent BSODs, usually when the laptop has had a chance to go idle for a bit, never when an intensive program is running.

I downloaded WhoCrashed and got the following reports - the same thing over and over again!

Unfortunately, I dont know what I need to do next to resolve this. I am buy no means proficient at any of this, I am just trying to learn my best by googling and looking through other answers. Do I need to upload a copy of my minidump files? Please let me know

Reports are below. also if they seem a few days apart its because I just avoid using my laptop for days when I can lol

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Thu 07/05/2020 05:28:58 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050720-12031-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C2390
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000006, 0xFFFFF8002FDF2F42, 0xFFFFA40ACAE8FBC0, 0x0
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 07/05/2020 05:28:58 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt+0x1C2390
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000006, 0xFFFFF8002FDF2F42, 0xFFFFA40ACAE8FBC0, 0x0
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 07/05/2020 01:05:02 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050720-6625-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x154 0xFFFF8188D9BD3000, 0xFFFFD4812E9E9480, 0x2, 0x0
    Error: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that the store component caught an unexpected exception.

On Wed 06/05/2020 23:04:32 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050620-6625-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x154 0xFFFF9F069DC04000, 0xFFFFF30A225AEF00, 0x2, 0x0
    Bug check description: This indicates that the store component caught an unexpected exception.

On Sat 02/05/2020 14:46:29 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050220-6421-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x154 0xFFFFA70EF54A2000, 0xFFFFFA85E7E22F00, 0x2, 0x0

On Fri 01/05/2020 03:17:01 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050120-9437-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x154 0xFFFF898BB054D000, 0xFFFFC10E0567A2F0, 0x2, 0x0

If i need to do anything else please let me know. Again, I might not know exactly what youre talking about since I am a bit of a beginner with this sort of stuff... so some signposting would be appreciated

Thank you

:)

AfHy, May 7, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp

Please run driver verifier using the following settings for 48 hours.
    • Special Pool
    • Force IRQL checking
    • Pool Tracking
    • Deadlock Detection
    • Security Checks
    • Miscellaneous Checks
    • Power framework delay fuzzing
    • DDI compliance checking

Warning: driver verifier could cause boot issues and/or performance issues.

Resetting driver verifier options (recommended in this order)
    1. In normal mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    2. In safe mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    3. On 3 boot failures, you'll boot automatically to the recovery options,
      • click Troubleshoot
      • go to the advanced options
      • choose command prompt
      • enter the below command
    4. Boot with the recovery media, see above 4 steps in option 3.
    5. Via the recovery options or recovery media, select a restore point prior enabling driver verifier
    Code:
    Crashed when running driver verifier
    1. Reset driver verifier
    2. Boot in normal mode if necessary
    3. Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to provide the requested logs

axe0, May 7, 2020
  3. Smurfmans Win User
    BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp

Last week, I assembled a new desktop computer (with all new components) and installed windows 10 Educational. (See my 2nd PC details.) I updated and installed all the latest drivers. (I think at least.)

But, since installation, I am having BSOD on various moments with the error message "system service exception".
    I read the minidump file with "WhoCrashed", and it states that the last BSOD was caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe.

Attached is the dm_log_collector file.
    I would appreciate any help in solving this issue.

regards,

Smurfmans, May 7, 2020
  4. retr0 Win User

ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How...

BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error

Hello all, its nice to be back!
    I've had a couple threads in the forum which regard my issues with BSODs the last being around 5 months ago from now and the other a bit longer. Though generally the errors have been consistent but has dipped in frequency with the help I received (thanks!) Since my last post, I have had near to no blue screens but am getting the odd few this past month, and judging by WhoCrashed, the modules which seem to cause it have been the same ever since.
    In summary, here's what has been done:
    I have my doubts on what may have caused the current one and here is what WhoCrashed states:

Code:

retr0, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How... - Similar Threads - ntoskrnl ntkrnlmp problems

2. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  3. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  4. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD System Service Exception: I am randomly getting BSOD screen, some times after 1 month and sometimes every day. I need help debugging my problem. Here is my recent minidump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvosaqT-_cvHlX60M_yLb5hmVDa6?e=qwzgKn Thanks...
  6. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  7. Frequent But Seemingly Random BSODs, System Service Exception

Frequent But Seemingly Random BSODs, System Service Exception: As the title states, I've been having somewhat frequent BSODs since I've been using Windows 10. At first, I upgraded from Windows 7 and thought perhaps something had gone wrong with the upgrade they were happening quite often and giving me a wide range of stop codes. I tried...
  8. BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp

BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp: Last week, I assembled a new desktop computer (with all new components) and installed windows 10 Educational. (See my 2nd PC details.) I updated and installed all the latest drivers. (I think at least.) But, since installation, I am having BSOD on various moments with the...
  9. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
  10. BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error

BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error: Hello all, its nice to be back! I've had a couple threads in the forum which regard my issues with BSODs the last being around 5 months ago from now and the other a bit longer. Though generally the errors have been consistent but has dipped in frequency with the help I...