Windows 10: Offline accounts converted to MS accounts.

Discus and support Offline accounts converted to MS accounts. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've not been able to identify the mechanism, but I have at least two offices where the existing offline accounts have been supplanted by Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Navion2016, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Offline accounts converted to MS accounts.

I've not been able to identify the mechanism, but I have at least two offices where the existing offline accounts have been supplanted by Microsoft accounts, presumably without the owners knowledge.

I was able to figure it out when suddenly no one was able to scan from a Xerox Workcentre to their computer. Turns out the password was wrong. But wait, the password hadn't changed, had it? Turns out it had, because after 1903 went in, suddenly everyone had a M$ account.

Take the computer back to an offline account, everything works again.

I'm not in that office all the time, I just do their IT work; Does anyone know what the mechanism behind this is? Have they inadvertently clicked on something?

:)

Navion2016, Oct 3, 2019
  2. tigger Win User

games for windows live offline account.

Does anyone know how to create a offline account? I have ripped my hair out trying to figure it out and i cant.

thanks

tigger

tigger, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Offline accounts converted to MS accounts. [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Mast3r.P Win User

Offline accounts converted to MS accounts.

Converting local account to ms account

I am having trouble changing my local account into an MS account.

I followed the steps, go to settings - accounts - sign in with MS account.....but all that does is create

a separate user account. please help

Mast3r.P, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Offline accounts converted to MS accounts.

1. Offline accounts converted to MS accounts. - Similar Threads - Offline accounts converted

2. Converting child account to adult account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting child account to adult account: My daughter turned 18 a few weeks ago. Her account had been.a child account. After turning 18, all the content filtering and child restrictions still applied to her account.We tried various suggestions from community discussions to try to fix this problem. None of them...
  3. Converting child account to adult account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting child account to adult account: My daughter turned 18 a few weeks ago. Her account had been.a child account. After turning 18, all the content filtering and child restrictions still applied to her account.We tried various suggestions from community discussions to try to fix this problem. None of them...
  4. Convert local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert local account to microsoft account: When I installed windows I couldn't get online, so I created a local account. Now that I am online, I want to convert it into my Microsoft account but there is no option in account settings to switch to or from a local account, which is what every since guide is telling me I...
  5. Convert local account to microsoft account

Convert local account to microsoft account: When I installed windows I couldn't get online, so I created a local account. Now that I am online, I want to convert it into my Microsoft account but there is no option in account settings to switch to or from a local account, which is what every since guide is telling me I...
  6. Convert a Microsoft account to a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a Microsoft account to a local account: I had a local account on my PC that has been changed to a Microsoft account ever since I signed into the Microsoft Store app. I would like to change my account back to a local account. I don't want to create a new local account because then I'll have to re-install a lot of...
  7. Converting inaccessible account to local/other MS account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting inaccessible account to local/other MS account?: So basically I can't access my microsoft account that my PC profile is linked to, and I cannot recover it, so how do I transfer all data to another microsoft account that is currently also on the PCORremove the inaccessible account from my PC, whilst keeping all data and...
  8. Converting inaccessible account to local/other MS account?

Converting inaccessible account to local/other MS account?: So basically I can't access my microsoft account that my PC profile is linked to, and I cannot recover it, so how do I transfer all data to another microsoft account that is currently also on the PCORremove the inaccessible account from my PC, whilst keeping all data and...
  9. Unable to convert MS account to local account as forgot the window security word

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to convert MS account to local account as forgot the window security word: Hi I am not able to convert MS account to local account as don't know what is the window security word. I recall I don't set any password to login my laptop, hence what should I do right? Anyone can help? Thanks...
  10. Side effects/questions converting an MS account to a local account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Side effects/questions converting an MS account to a local account?: I have had some annoying MS account related issues on our new laptop (whilst our desktop works fine with our family accounts). See User account and family issues. It's made me consider on the laptop to convert my main administrator MS account login to a local account and...