Windows 10: One "tweak" too far.

Discus and support One "tweak" too far. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I’ve been tweaking a new Windows 10 install ad apparently went “one tweak too far”! I can no longer see “Appearance” in the right-click desktop fly-out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JLOB, May 23, 2016.

1. JLOB Win User

One "tweak" too far.

I’ve been tweaking a new Windows 10 install ad apparently went “one tweak too far”! I can no longer see “Appearance” in the right-click desktop fly-out menu - only “Display Settings” and “Personalize”.

I may have turned on high contrast settings, since the background of both “Display” and “Personalize” is black, where it would normally be white. I also find that some of the applications settings screens are not displaying the check-box graphics or the on-off radio circles. The correct text is visible, but not the squares or circles.

I’d appreciate ANY help anyone might be inclined to offer.

Thanks.

:)

2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, May 23, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it One "tweak" too far. :(

oh gawd wat to do ? One "tweak" too far. :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram One "tweak" too far. :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx One "tweak" too far. :)

musum, May 23, 2016
  4. One "tweak" too far.

You need to tell us what you did? Backtrack what you did and undo it?

alphanumeric, May 23, 2016
  5. JLOB Win User
    If I could remember that, I'd have reversed it instead of asking for help. Sorry about being vague,but i really don't know which tweak cause the problem, nor do I recall what tweaks I did.

J.

6. alphanumeric, May 23, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    If you use the Reset Option you will lose all your installed programs. A much better method if you decide to go this route, is to do a Repair Install, this will repair all your Windows files, without removing your installed programs or personal files.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

OldMike65, May 23, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

One "tweak" too far.

dalchina, May 23, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello JLOB, *Smile

If you like, you could do a system restore using a restore point dated before the "one tweak too far" happened to undo it.

System Restore Windows 10

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

One "tweak" too far.

1. One "tweak" too far. - Similar Threads - tweak too far

2. Screen is too far to the right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is too far to the right: My screen is too far to the right and does not fill the whole screen. All the answers tell me to click on the 3 dots on the top right. Well, I can't because the top right does not exist, I don't see the 3 dots cause the screen is too far over. Please help me, the frustration...
  3. Screen is too far to the right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is too far to the right: My screen is too far to the right and does not fill the whole screen. All the answers tell me to click on the 3 dots on the top right. Well, I can't because the top right does not exist, I don't see the 3 dots cause the screen is too far over. Please help me, the frustration...
  4. Screen is too far to the right

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Calendar dates are too far ahead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar dates are too far ahead?: Not really sure how else to describe this... but it makes the calendar kind of useless and frustrating to use. Some of the months have half of their dates in the next month whenit makes no sense. Is there any way to fix this?...
  6. Calendar dates are too far ahead?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar dates are too far ahead?: Not really sure how else to describe this... but it makes the calendar kind of useless and frustrating to use. Some of the months have half of their dates in the next month whenit makes no sense. Is there any way to fix this?...
  7. System Restore taking far too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore taking far too long: I started a system restore today and it's been restoring for about 3 hours now, which is obviously taking far too long. I don't really know what to do. Please reply ASAP! Thank you Regards, Jui-Chen...
  8. Corrupted files/size far too big

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted files/size far too big: [ATTACH] Help - I copied my images from phone to laptop. Now the folder is showing astronomical sizes, and all files are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-filessize-far-too-big/9a0a7d33-859c-43c3-8150-4c67861c66ae"
  9. tweak?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tweak?: I was having slow speeds transferring files across two pcs (sometimes3.3 kps) hit upon this tip will searching google. control panel/device manager/network adapters choose your ethernet adapter/properties advance tab large send offload (ipv4) to disable large send offload...
  10. My display is too far to the right (off the screen)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My display is too far to the right (off the screen): I changed the VGA cable of my second monitor (whilst my PC was powered on) and my display went off the right edge of the monitor (so I have a black bar on the left). I used the in-built controls to move it fully left but it isn't enough. I switched the cables back and this...