Windows 10: Onedrive (desktop app) sign-in not working automatically

Discus and support Onedrive (desktop app) sign-in not working automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All, I am running Windows 10 (earlier 1803 and now 1903) on my dell xps laptop. Recently (earlier it was working fine) I've seen onedrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mahesh Viswanathan Achari, May 31, 2019.

1. Onedrive (desktop app) sign-in not working automatically

Hello All,

I am running Windows 10 (earlier 1803 and now 1903) on my dell xps laptop.

Recently (earlier it was working fine) I've seen onedrive doesn't sign-in automatically duing logon, it just stays in notification bar with message 'signing in'. On clicking the icon it opens the window to setup onedrive again, but doesn't ask for password after email is entered.

Then nothing happens.

I've checked below:

1. Went to onedrive settings (right click on taskbar icon -> settings). I COULD find the option to 'unlink this pc' which i assume suggests that PC is still connected to onedrive.

2. I've checked the windows credentials manager (in control panel). I COULD NOT find the onedrive cached credentials entry there.

3. Reset or re-install onedrive WORKS INITIALLY by setting up onedrive afresh, but goes back to same state after reboot.

Yet to check:

1. Disable antivirus (Norton security standard) and try again

2. Disable 2-factor authentication from Microsoft account and try again

I found these checks from google but not further.

Is there anyone who has faced same issue or read about similar?

Is there something else i can check to find the problem?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Mahesh

:)

Mahesh Viswanathan Achari, May 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 31, 2019
  3. fjk61011 Win User
    No onedrive

Ok, success. Had to unlink account and sign in again to change location to my E: drive

fjk61011, May 31, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Onedrive (desktop app) sign-in not working automatically

No onedrive

Hello Francis, Onedrive (desktop app) sign-in not working automatically :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Onedrive (desktop app) sign-in not working automatically

1. Onedrive (desktop app) sign-in not working automatically - Similar Threads - Onedrive desktop app

2. OneDrive is not signing in & syncing automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is not signing in & syncing automatically: Since today morning, my onedrive is not automatically signing in and syncing files in my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-is-not-signing-in-syncing-automatically/479933aa-bdc4-421a-8f97-bedbd99f36f7
  3. OneDrive is not signing in & syncing automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive is not signing in & syncing automatically: Since today morning, my onedrive is not automatically signing in and syncing files in my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-is-not-signing-in-syncing-automatically/479933aa-bdc4-421a-8f97-bedbd99f36f7
  4. XBOX PC App sign in Not working on my desktop PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX PC App sign in Not working on my desktop PC: I have Contact "Window support team" three times through chat and remote session and also contact the "Xbox support team" two times through phone call. But non of the team have solved my issue and keep transferring me to each other team. I can provide the case # if neededXBOX...
  5. XBOX PC App sign in Not working on my desktop PC

XBOX PC App sign in Not working on my desktop PC: I have Contact "Window support team" three times through chat and remote session and also contact the "Xbox support team" two times through phone call. But non of the team have solved my issue and keep transferring me to each other team. I can provide the case # if neededXBOX...
  6. Xbox Desktop App Sign In Not Working

Xbox Desktop App Sign In Not Working: Hello I recently wanted to get the xbox app installed which I have as of now on my computer. I am able to launch the app but when I click sign in on the top right of the app and anywhere else a pop up window shows up but it's all grey and flashes behind and in front of the...
  7. Will signing into Xbox app automatically sign me into Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will signing into Xbox app automatically sign me into Windows?: I was going to log into the Xbox app to use game pass but I'm worried it'll use that Microsoft account to log in on Windows too. I currently use a local account on Windows and would prefer it stay that way. If it does, then is there any alternative to the Xbox app to still...
  8. Desktop OneDrive Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop OneDrive Not Working: I can access OneDrive via my phone and also via my browser, but the desktop app will not sign in, so nothing is syncing. And I don't know how to make it work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-onedrive-not-working/5026aec0-f597-4109-a0db-057ff650c6ff
  9. Automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive: Hello, is it possible to configure automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive when user logs in with domain account for the first time? we are using W2K12 AD with dirsync to O365. cheers,...
  10. cannot sign in onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot sign in onedrive desktop: I am running onedrive desktop on two machines (Dell laptop and Surface Pro 4) and a smartphone (iPhone SE). The version of OneDrive on the Dell machine cannot sign in. When I launch the application, the process starts but the sign in cannot be completed. I see multiple...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive not signing in automatically

2. one drive isnt signed in message

3. microsoft message: one drive is not signed in...

4. onedrive wont sign in,
  5. one drive automatic sign in not working,
  6. one drive desktop application not launching,
  7. onedrive sign in not working,
  8. onedrive auto sign in not working,
  9. onedrive isnt signed in,
  10. one drive stuck at sign in,
  11. whatdoes it meanon computer when it says one drive not signed,
  12. start onedrive automatically when i sign into windows not working