Windows 10: OneDrive Folders

Discus and support OneDrive Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 10, I already have folders for Music, Videos, Documents and Pictures. Why can't these folders be synced with OneDrive? It would make so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nickobrien1982, Dec 31, 2015.

1. OneDrive Folders

In Windows 10, I already have folders for Music, Videos, Documents and Pictures.
    Why can't these folders be synced with OneDrive? It would make so much more sense. Instead I have to create separate folders in my OneDrive directory in Windows Explorer with the same names, doubling everything up. Am I missing something?

:)

nickobrien1982, Dec 31, 2015

2. OneDrive folder?

Hi rllawren,

Yes, you can share a folder in OneDrive and have them allowed for editing. Here's how:

• Sign in to your OneDrive
      account.
    • Right-click on the folder that you want to share.

OneDrive Folders [​IMG]
    • Select Share, tick Allow editing, click on
      Email
      , and enter the email address of the person you want to share the files to.

OneDrive Folders [​IMG]
      +

OneDrive Folders [​IMG]

Let us know if you find this helpful.

Adrianne Buc, Dec 31, 2015
  3. rllawren Win User
    OneDrive folder?

Or can you at all? I need someone to be able to upload into the folder like a dropbox folder

rllawren, Dec 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

OneDrive Folders

Brink, Dec 31, 2015
  5. nickobrien1982, Dec 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 31, 2015
  7. I only have "This PC" as an option when clicking the drop down boxes on Music and Videos. No OneDrive option is available

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

OneDrive Folders

In that case, it'll need to be done manually.

To do so:

• Include the OneDrive Music and Videos folders to the corresponding Music and Videos library.
    • Set these included folders as your default save location for the library.

Brink, Dec 31, 2015
  9. I haven't a clue how to, sorry, any instructions?

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The links in the steps can help show you how to. *Smile

Brink, Dec 31, 2015
  11. Excellent - Thanks for your help. Is it just me or should this be much simpler? OneDrive seems to have a lot of problems in Windows 10

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. Yeah, it should definitely work better for Storage Location settings.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive Folders

1. OneDrive Folders - Similar Threads - OneDrive Folders

2. How to get my folders and files out of OneDrive that all have red x's in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my folders and files out of OneDrive that all have red x's in Windows 11: I purchased a program that supplies all the data via OneDrive. I now see all my photos, folders, programs with red x's and look to be in the cloud. How to I remove the x's, remove from the cloud back to my computer, and nullify the ability to have this happen again. I have...
  3. How to get my folders and files out of OneDrive that all have red x's in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my folders and files out of OneDrive that all have red x's in Windows 11: I purchased a program that supplies all the data via OneDrive. I now see all my photos, folders, programs with red x's and look to be in the cloud. How to I remove the x's, remove from the cloud back to my computer, and nullify the ability to have this happen again. I have...
  4. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...: I've recently unlinked my microsoft account from my PC, but when I open my documents folder, the path is "C:/Users/My Username/my OneDrive folder/Documents" and I want to revert it, how can I do it?Obs: My account is unlinked from OneDrive on the PC....
  5. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...: I've recently unlinked my microsoft account from my PC, but when I open my documents folder, the path is "C:/Users/My Username/my OneDrive folder/Documents" and I want to revert it, how can I do it?Obs: My account is unlinked from OneDrive on the PC....
  6. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

7. windows Folder status , OneDrive and Sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows Folder status , OneDrive and Sync: What is Sync as if , for a local windows offline folders not of Windows , the private DB ones. OneDrive windows, always has DB private to be Sync whenever possible?Refer to...
  8. windows Folder status , OneDrive and Sync

windows Folder status , OneDrive and Sync: What is Sync as if , for a local windows offline folders not of Windows , the private DB ones. OneDrive windows, always has DB private to be Sync whenever possible?Refer to...
  9. OneDrive Document Folder is in a file C:/ ..../Old Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Document Folder is in a file C:/ ..../Old Documents: On OneDrive my Documents folder has a file name named "C:\Users\.....\OneDrive\Old Documents". I also have another folder "C:\Users\drrly\OneDrive\Documents" but that is not the default Documents folder. To add further confusion there is a subfolder of the...
  10. OneDrive Document Folder is in a file C:/ ..../Old Documents

OneDrive Document Folder is in a file C:/ ..../Old Documents: On OneDrive my Documents folder has a file name named "C:\Users\.....\OneDrive\Old Documents". I also have another folder "C:\Users\drrly\OneDrive\Documents" but that is not the default Documents folder. To add further confusion there is a subfolder of the...