Windows 10: OneDrive inception - not how it's supposed to work

Discus and support OneDrive inception - not how it's supposed to work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/elsabib [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elsabib, Oct 29, 2019.

1. OneDrive inception - not how it's supposed to work

/u/elsabib, Oct 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    No onedrive

Hello Francis, OneDrive inception - not how it's supposed to work :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Oct 29, 2019
  4. OneDrive inception - not how it's supposed to work

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive inception - not how it's supposed to work

1. OneDrive inception - not how it's supposed to work - Similar Threads - OneDrive inception supposed

2. Folder Inception

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder Inception: [ATTACH] So I was cleaning my files and discovered my files' folders cotained themselves. For example, Documents had a Documents folder inside with my docs, same with pictures and so on. Why does that happen? Is it a virus? How do I correct it?...
  3. How is Windows search supposed to work? It doesn't show expected results.

How is Windows search supposed to work? It doesn't show expected results.: I pressed the Windows key and typed the name of a search term, "vstplugins" It automatically showed me internet search results... (cough) I clicked on the folders button hidden under "more". An interesting place to put it It says there are no search results for "vstplugins"...
  4. Help on making a folder "inception"

Help on making a folder "inception": I'm trying to make a "folder inception" with 36 folders (1-0 & A-Z). Basically, I want to make it so there are 18 layers of folders in each other all named from 1-0 & A-Z. Right now, I'm manually creating each folder and copy pasting, but I find it takes a lot of time for...
  5. How To Work OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Work OneDrive?: I'm quite confused about microsoft accounts, google accounts and one drive accounts. I appear to have at least a couple of each kind - and others belonging to members of the family. I just downloaded a heap of photograph and they're in One Drive on this computer. I want to...
  6. Mail spell check not working as it is supposed to....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail spell check not working as it is supposed to....: I had a complete Windows crash a couple weeks ago, and started with a fresh install with a new SSD drive. But now, my Windows Mail (and other various Microsoft mail programs...going all the way back to Windows Live Mail 2009) will not do spell check properly. I don't care...
  7. How Favourites is supposed to work in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    How Favourites is supposed to work in Windows 10: Hello I don't know how favourites are supposed to work in Windoxs 10 but this is certainly not user friendly ! This is one of the reason I have instolled Google Chrome and don't use Edge I've saved several Favorites sites using the little Star in Windows Edge, but after...
  8. How is Windows 10 networking supposed to work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How is Windows 10 networking supposed to work?: According to this thread on technet, Stop using SMB1 | Storage at Microsoft, Microsoft has disabled SMBv1 via update and that the "Windows Explorer Network (aka “Network Neighborhood”)" doesn't function properly anymore, "This legacy protocol is long deprecated, doesn’t...
  9. BSOD since inception of new Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD since inception of new Build: HI All, Built a new PC about 4 months ago. Seem to get BSOD errors quite often, at least about 7 today. Then can go a week without one. Seems to happen randomly, sometime while browsing other times while gaming, other times when nothing is happening away from keyboard....
  10. Miracast from PC - minimum requirements and how it's supposed to work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast from PC - minimum requirements and how it's supposed to work?: I am an older techie but I do understand most of the newer technology. I do not own a Smartphone or Tablet. I have an older "Smart TV", about 5 years old. I've been to the manufacturers site but their explanation is severely lacking. My TV is a Sharp Aquos LC-70LE735U....