Windows 10: Onedrive is being closed

Discus and support Onedrive is being closed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a friend that has been notified by Microsoft that because he has not used it in 2yrs it will be deleted. This being said he wishes to let them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Harley Ewing, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Onedrive is being closed

I have a friend that has been notified by Microsoft that because he has not used it in 2yrs it will be deleted. This being said he wishes to let them close it out. My question is when he and I set Onedrive up it was to sync his files with those in his libraries. If Microsoft deletes his Onedrive will it also delete the sync libraries on his computer hard drive.

:)

Harley Ewing, Sep 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 28, 2018
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Onedrive is being closed ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Onedrive is being closed

No onedrive

Hello Francis, Onedrive is being closed :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Onedrive is being closed

1. Onedrive is being closed - Similar Threads - Onedrive being closed

2. Files being held hostage by OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files being held hostage by OneDrive?: Hello,I'm on Windows 11.I just got an external hard drive and I'm trying to put all my photos from my computer onto it.I go to copy drag and drop a folder from my computer's hard drive and I get a message 'there is not enough space on OneDrive. You need an additional 28.7 GB...
  3. Files being held hostage by OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files being held hostage by OneDrive?: Hello,I'm on Windows 11.I just got an external hard drive and I'm trying to put all my photos from my computer onto it.I go to copy drag and drop a folder from my computer's hard drive and I get a message 'there is not enough space on OneDrive. You need an additional 28.7 GB...
  4. Not all photos are being loaded in OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all photos are being loaded in OneDrive.: Hello. My laptop is synced with my phone and not all photos are uploaded in OneDrive, just photo icons instead. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-all-photos-are-being-loaded-in-onedrive/5ccfd2bd-fcab-4d7b-a523-048a3aababb7
  5. Not all photos are being loaded in OneDrive.

Not all photos are being loaded in OneDrive.: Hello. My laptop is synced with my phone and not all photos are uploaded in OneDrive, just photo icons instead. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-all-photos-are-being-loaded-in-onedrive/5ccfd2bd-fcab-4d7b-a523-048a3aababb7
  6. Apps are being closed when minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are being closed when minimized: My laptop, Samsung Galaxy Book GO keeps closing my apps when i minimize them. I asked Samsung and they said it might be in the system tray...but it isn't there......
  7. Apps are being closed when minimized

Apps are being closed when minimized: My laptop, Samsung Galaxy Book GO keeps closing my apps when i minimize them. I asked Samsung and they said it might be in the system tray...but it isn't there......
  8. How to close the OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to close the OneDrive folder: Dear All, May I know how to close the OneDrive folder? Please see the following attached. Red colour arrow [ATTACH] Don't see the option to unpin the Onedrive folder. [ATTACH] The Onedrive folder properties view. [ATTACH] I also tried to set the folder into...
  9. Onedrive - file currently not being synced

Onedrive - file currently not being synced: Hi, Stuck for days on a blue circular arrow showing file currently being synced - how do I sync it to show green check mark? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-currently-not-being-synced/50273a24-79da-430b-9085-c75b4b543d4a
  10. OneDrive being odd or is it normal behaviour?

OneDrive being odd or is it normal behaviour?: Hi All, So my lecturer wanted me to submit coursework to him via a shared folder in OneDrive. I thought 'OK why not - what could go wrong?'. After signing in it decided to remove all of the folders and their contents from my Desktop, Documents, Music and Pictures...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is being closed