Windows 10: onedrive is flooding my new computer!

Discus and support onedrive is flooding my new computer! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; New computer, I had the f** idea of putting my live account on it. It started immediately to download all my Terabyte of onedrive and soon emptied my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FabioMantovani, Nov 20, 2018.

1. onedrive is flooding my new computer!

New computer, I had the f** idea of putting my live account on it.

It started immediately to download all my Terabyte of onedrive and soon emptied my HD (256GB SSD)

Now I cannot change settings and exclude folders (why did they start "all sync" instead of asking me?) because

"some of the elements... are not yet into onedrive.. wait till the end of uploading (?????!!!) and try again"

- If I delete folders from HD they will be removed also from Onedrive (clever, uh?)

- If I wait my disk is full and pc practically locked

- what else can I do? Maybe switch to linux?

:)

FabioMantovani, Nov 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    No onedrive

Hello Francis, onedrive is flooding my new computer! :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Nov 20, 2018
  4. fjk61011 Win User

onedrive is flooding my new computer!

No onedrive

Ok, success. Had to unlink account and sign in again to change location to my E: drive

fjk61011, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

onedrive is flooding my new computer!

1. onedrive is flooding my new computer! - Similar Threads - onedrive flooding computer

2. installing onedrive on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing onedrive on new computer: Hi,I am getting a new laptop. I have nearly one TB of one drive files in the cloud and about half of them already on my windows 10 laptop. I want to transfer the already downloaded files to my new computer. I DO NOT want to download all of those files onto the new computer...
  3. installing onedrive on new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing onedrive on new computer: Hi,I am getting a new laptop. I have nearly one TB of one drive files in the cloud and about half of them already on my windows 10 laptop. I want to transfer the already downloaded files to my new computer. I DO NOT want to download all of those files onto the new computer...
  4. See my OneDrive Document folder on my new Computer as well.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    See my OneDrive Document folder on my new Computer as well.: I have a new Windows 11 Surface Laptop 5. All my files from my previous computer were always synced with OneDrive. How can I see my Documents folders on my new computer C: Drive while keeping the sync on to backup to OneDrive....
  5. See my OneDrive Document folder on my new Computer as well.

See my OneDrive Document folder on my new Computer as well.: I have a new Windows 11 Surface Laptop 5. All my files from my previous computer were always synced with OneDrive. How can I see my Documents folders on my new computer C: Drive while keeping the sync on to backup to OneDrive....
  6. Laptop destroyed in flood, how do I access my files stored in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop destroyed in flood, how do I access my files stored in OneDrive: I believe that my files were being sync-ed to the "cloud" = OneDrive.I can't see them there only some old docs from my de-commissioned laptop from a few years ago.How do I locate them?There were lots as I was kept being asked on the device HP Pavilion to buy more OneDrive...
  7. Laptop destroyed in flood, how do I access my files stored in OneDrive

Laptop destroyed in flood, how do I access my files stored in OneDrive: I believe that my files were being sync-ed to the "cloud" = OneDrive.I can't see them there only some old docs from my de-commissioned laptop from a few years ago.How do I locate them?There were lots as I was kept being asked on the device HP Pavilion to buy more OneDrive...
  8. Sync OneDrive files to a new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sync OneDrive files to a new computer: So I bought a new computer. My old one has my files backed up through OneDrive. Everything is syncing to the OneDrive folder on the new machine but I want the files to sync to the Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc. The settings in OneDrive to choose folders are checked off...
  9. OneDrive & New Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive & New Computer: There are a million posts stating you can move files from one computer to another with OneDrive. This is a DIFFERENT question, please make sure you understand it before answering. Thanks!!! I am getting a new laptop at work and they will be erasing the hard disk on the...
  10. Flooded with network connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flooded with network connections: I recently had Comcast activate WiFi on my modem, mainly so I could run my printer without a USB connection. Originally there were 5 or 6 available connections, as listed in Notifications. Now the list is up to thirty. Most recently added is hsd1.fl.comcast.net. So, couple of...