Windows 10: onedrive online only on other machines

Discus and support onedrive online only on other machines in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I havae a few computers around the house. I have OneDrive on one of my machines with an external harddisk. I want to access OneDrive on the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LaiSEBSUK, Nov 11, 2018.

1. LaiSEBSUK Win User

onedrive online only on other machines

I havae a few computers around the house.
    I have OneDrive on one of my machines with an external harddisk.
    I want to access OneDrive on the other machines online only.
    I don't want additional copy of OneDrive due to little storage.
    I've read many questions and answers and cannot find one that works.

:)

LaiSEBSUK, Nov 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 11, 2018
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

onedrive online only on other machines ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

No onedrive

Hello Francis, onedrive online only on other machines :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. onedrive online only on other machines - Similar Threads - onedrive online machines

2. OneDrive only syncs some files and not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive only syncs some files and not others: Using OneDrive to backup certain folders, why do only some of the files within those folders actually sync? OneDrive says, "Your files are synced", but its wrong. For example, in the cloud, all my Documents sub-folders are there, but there are few files within them ~352 MB....
  3. OneDrive only syncs some files and not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive only syncs some files and not others: Using OneDrive to backup certain folders, why do only some of the files within those folders actually sync? OneDrive says, "Your files are synced", but its wrong. For example, in the cloud, all my Documents sub-folders are there, but there are few files within them ~352 MB....
  4. OneDrive only syncs some files and not others

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Drive Space Full on PC, but files only appearing in OneDrive as 'Online Only'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive Space Full on PC, but files only appearing in OneDrive as 'Online Only': Hi there! I'm trying to free up space on my computer drive. However, when I try to delete a folder, it says that the folder is online only and that if I delete it I will not be able to recover it. I'm also confused because the files seem to be saved on my PC, but when I open...
  6. onedrive not syncing with onedrive online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive not syncing with onedrive online: do i need the business OneDrive app or the grooze.exe i have windows 10 20h2 dell inspiron 15 the files from my onedrive folder don't sync to onedrive.com website unless i drag and drop or upload individually....
  7. OneDrive - How to save Office 365 documents online only?

OneDrive - How to save Office 365 documents online only?: Saving files to OneDrive will usually result in a copy in the \OneDrive folder on the HDD. I am seeking a way to store Word/Excel documents within a OneDrive folder but only online, no copy on HDD. Within (for example) Excel, with an open document, I would go for File > Save...
  8. OneDrive Files Sync'd but not showing on OneDrive Live from other machines

OneDrive Files Sync'd but not showing on OneDrive Live from other machines: I have sync'd my OneDrive files, and I was able to get to them from my work computer. I used this feature to move files back and forth. Now, I can no longer see my OneDrive files using either Chrome, Edge, or IE. I see just "Files." If I drag/drop a file, it does come across...
  9. OneDrive autoloads on one machine, not the other

OneDrive autoloads on one machine, not the other: I have OneDrive installed on both my desktop and laptop. Both are running Win 10. Whenever I restart the laptop (a Surface Pro), Onedrive starts with Windows. But when I restart the desktop, it does not. I have to pick it from the start menu and start it manually. What's...
  10. My machine is recognising only itself.No other machine in network.

My machine is recognising only itself.No other machine in network.: I have written before and my question was answered.But it made same problem again.I Have done all which was said me.But it doesn't work now.My machine is recognising only itself.No other machine in network. Sincerely ! Mursit Hakan Cil...