Windows 10: OneDrive (probably) screwed up my computer

Discus and support OneDrive (probably) screwed up my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, i haven't used my HP laptop in, maybe, 2 or 3 days. It wouldn't access the internet, and i wasn't interested in using it anyways, so i thought,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AidenPearce3, Jul 9, 2019.

1. OneDrive (probably) screwed up my computer

So, i haven't used my HP laptop in, maybe, 2 or 3 days. It wouldn't access the internet, and i wasn't interested in using it anyways, so i thought, hey, big deal. Fast forward to today, and i log into my laptop to see an error saying that, apparently, it had some problems logging in. Behind this error, i had noticed that my desktop had reverted to a few days after i BOUGHT the thing. After logging out, the problems had not been resolved. Restarting also did nothing. Upon further inspection, everything that was stored locally was completely removed. What wasn't removed, was everything in the OneDrive folder. I must mention that OneDrive was also offline at this time. Logging into it with my various accounts did nothing.

This incident, combined with the fact that OneDrive had been pestering me about being full, and i have reason (very little reason, mind you, but reason nonetheless) to believe that OneDrive interfered with the operation of my computer in the name of it's cloud-saving objective.

If not to recover my Frozen Synapse 2 wallpaper, i would at least like assistance in knowing the source and cause of this problem.

:)

AidenPearce3, Jul 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    No onedrive

Hello Francis, OneDrive (probably) screwed up my computer :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Jul 9, 2019
  4. fjk61011 Win User

OneDrive (probably) screwed up my computer

No onedrive

Ok, success. Had to unlink account and sign in again to change location to my E: drive

fjk61011, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive (probably) screwed up my computer

1. OneDrive (probably) screwed up my computer - Similar Threads - OneDrive probably screwed

2. hey microsoft, WHY IS MY COMPUTER SCREWED UP!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hey microsoft, WHY IS MY COMPUTER SCREWED UP!?: for some reason, my computer software was messed up. the sign-in screen was messed up. and i even found out the file explorer is messed up too when i tryed to upload this snip! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MESS UP MY COIMPUTER!?...
  3. Computer Screwed Up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Screwed Up Windows 11: Hi, I used this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj7ThxRsEgQ&t=72s and it really screwed up my PC. I can't search my files, my explorer doesn't work, and my taskbar is screwed up. My whole PC is screwed up. Can anyone help with the fix?Thank you...
  4. Computer Screwed Up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Screwed Up Windows 11: Hi, I used this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj7ThxRsEgQ&t=72s and it really screwed up my PC. I can't search my files, my explorer doesn't work, and my taskbar is screwed up. My whole PC is screwed up. Can anyone help with the fix?Thank you...
  5. Update screwed up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screwed up computer: After this last forced update which I kept having to uninstall due to constant errors my computer is no longer operating properly. I cannot access the Start menu nor any setting menus. I cannot search any thing. I have tried constant reboots, restarting Windows Explorer....
  6. Onedrive screwed my pc up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive screwed my pc up: So today I decided to backup my PC desktop toOnedrive. Unfortunately, my laptop was already backed up. This resulted in both my desktop icons from my laptop and my pc being merged. When I tried to stop the merging, the icons just disappeared never to return. How do I revert...
  7. Windows upgrade screwed up my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows upgrade screwed up my computer.: Things that were of no interest to Microsoft were changed. Fonts, colors etc. Now I have to go back and change all of this sh*t, wasting my time. The biggest issue is the desktop screen is now zoomed in to the point I can't see the control buttons on the monitor/screen. How...
  8. Microsoft tech 2 screwed up my computer!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft tech 2 screwed up my computer!: Microsoft tech 2 screwed up my computer! Now what do I do to get help! Everyone I talked to at Microsoft transfers me to someone else now! You erased my external hard drive with all my work on it stored. I have My case number to all of the work and to the original problem...
  9. remot access screwed up my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remot access screwed up my computer: I wanted to stop windows updates on my hp laptop with windows 10 on it. I went to a live chat box that i thought was from windows and hp because i git there via a chat box from the control panel. He got remote access to the computer to try to turn off the windows updates,...
  10. Classic Shell Screwed Up My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Shell Screwed Up My Computer: I installed classic shell, played with it for a few minutes, didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. Now, my computer boots all the way up until it gets to the desktop. All it's showing is a black screen with the mouse cursor. It does the same thing when I boot into Safe Mode....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive screwed my desktop