Windows 10: OneDrive Quits Working

Discus and support OneDrive Quits Working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On multiple Win10, 1803, the Onedrive executable , onedrive.exe, disappears from its directory on reboot. The only way to get it back is to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KBAService, Jul 13, 2018.

1. OneDrive Quits Working

On multiple Win10, 1803, the Onedrive executable , onedrive.exe, disappears from its directory on reboot. The only way to get it back is to uninstall Onedrive from the Control Panel/Programs and Features and then reinstall the downloaded Onedrive file. If I just try to reinstall I get a prompt that a Newer Version Exits on the PC even though it's gone.

Once reinstalled OneDrive MUST re-sync ALL files stored. Real pain.

:)

KBAService, Jul 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

OneDrive Quits Working

No onedrive

Hello Francis, OneDrive Quits Working :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

• Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    • Restart your computer.
    • After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    • When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive Quits Working

1. OneDrive Quits Working - Similar Threads - OneDrive Quits Working

2. Quitting OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quitting OneDrive: In the OneDrive tab on my pc, there is an option to pause or quit OneDrive. I want to choose the quit option. If I quit OneDrive, would those data and files be deleted from my pc's C drive?...
  3. Quitting OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quitting OneDrive: In the OneDrive tab on my pc, there is an option to pause or quit OneDrive. I want to choose the quit option. Now i have 100GB of data and files on my OneDrive. If I quit OneDrive would it delete the data and files from my pc?...
  4. Quitting OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quitting OneDrive: In the OneDrive tab on my pc, there is an option to pause or quit OneDrive. I want to choose the quit option. Now i have 100GB of data and files on my OneDrive. If I quit OneDrive would it delete the data and files from my pc?...
  5. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  6. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  7. bluetooth quit working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth quit working: i have a Lanova laptop that is less than a year old that had bluetooth when I bought it. A couple days ago it just quit working for no apparent reason. It still shows up in my settings but when I try to use it nothing works. The troubleshooter tells me my computer is not...
  8. Monitor quit working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor quit working: I had an extra monitor plugged in for months, then it just went black and read "Input Not Supported". I checked the display settings and accidentally clicked the "just show on monitor 2", now both screens are black when plugged into each other. Help please! The computer and...
  9. Bluetooth quit working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth quit working: i have a bluetooth usb device which was working before the last patch, now i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it says it has connected to my bluetooth headset but it is not connecting. any help would be appricated Thank you!...
  10. screensaver quits working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screensaver quits working: I have a new HP laptop with Windows 10. My screensaver quits working after a while, I get a black screen with message error caused your screensaver to stop working. Unable to fix. I have tried different things I know to do but nothing works. Help!...