Windows 10: OneDrive - several computers apparently linked

Discus and support OneDrive - several computers apparently linked in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I only access OneDrive from one, or two computers at the most, but there are about seven linked according to the "PC" button. I also changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StephenfromChch, Mar 7, 2019.

1. OneDrive - several computers apparently linked

I only access OneDrive from one, or two computers at the most, but there are about seven linked according to the "PC" button.

I also changed the name of my desktop because I bought a new case, but I only see the old name.

What should I do to make sure OneDrive is accessing my correct computers?

Thanks.

:)

StephenfromChch, Mar 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    No onedrive

Hello Francis, OneDrive - several computers apparently linked :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Mar 7, 2019
  4. OneDrive - several computers apparently linked

Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive - several computers apparently linked

1. OneDrive - several computers apparently linked - Similar Threads - OneDrive several computers

2. Several BSOD because of Hyper-V apparently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several BSOD because of Hyper-V apparently?: Hello. I come to you as you're my last resort.It's been several times my computer crashes without me doing anything special. I've had the error : "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" twice and it showed me the file "Wdfilter.sys" one time and "win32kfull.sys" another.I sadly didn't...
  3. Several BSOD because of Hyper-V apparently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several BSOD because of Hyper-V apparently?: Hello. I come to you as you're my last resort.It's been several times my computer crashes without me doing anything special. I've had the error : "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" twice and it showed me the file "Wdfilter.sys" one time and "win32kfull.sys" another.I sadly didn't...
  4. Several BSOD because of Hyper-V apparently?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Onedrive has a problem apparently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive has a problem apparently: Hello, the ondrive icon on my system is always grey and not white anymore. Is it normal? It s often telling me that onedrive has a problem and to visit the forum which i m doing right now,Best regards,Arn...
  6. Onedrive has a problem apparently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive has a problem apparently: Hello, the ondrive icon on my system is always grey and not white anymore. Is it normal? It s often telling me that onedrive has a problem and to visit the forum which i m doing right now,Best regards,Arn...
  7. Onedrive has a problem apparently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Computer apparently gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer apparently gone: If there is a specific thread for this problem please make the move My PC seems to have died. I found it shutdown this morning and it would not boot into windows stopping at the BIOS screen. I plugged in the flash drive full copy of Windows 10 and it would upon reboot it...
  9. OneDrive links !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive links !: Could someone put my mind at rest by answering this question. I do a lot of video presentations and PowerPoint slide shows, I normally save to Mp4 and copy into OneDrive. The reason I use OneDrive is that the presentations are quite large and exceed the 25 Mb max allowed on...
  10. OneDrive Links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Links: Good day I have only 5GB sharing space on my account its free. If I delete some of the folders that I have shared I need space, and that person has not downloaded the files already, will he still be able to use that link? Common sense tells me no, but I just want to...