Windows 10: OneDrive - shared link - one is required to create an account first?

Discus and support OneDrive - shared link - one is required to create an account first? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't share files often, or better, I hardly share files. Now I shared a video. Uploaded the video to OneDrive, right-click share, created a link,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tfwul, Dec 31, 2018.

1. tfwul Win User

OneDrive - shared link - one is required to create an account first?

I don't share files often, or better, I hardly share files.

Now I shared a video.
    Uploaded the video to OneDrive, right-click share, created a link, and sent it by mail to the person I wanted to share the file with (having a Gmail account)

That person tried to open the link and reported back that he should first create an account.

Huh..?

Did I overlook a step somewhere?

Attachment 219236

:)

tfwul, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

OneDrive - shared link - one is required to create an account first? [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

3. Steve C Win User
    How to Share OneDrive Links on Apple Computers

I've sent links to share photo folders from my OneDrive account to various people. The links open fine for anyone using Windows PCs but people using iMacs & iPads can't open the links. I also can't open the links using my iPod Touch. The same people using Apple computers can open shared links from my Google Drive.

Is there some conspiracy between Microsoft and Apple which prevents OneDrive links opening on Apple computers? Have people managed to open shared Onedrive folder links on Apple computers and, if so, how?

Steve C, Dec 31, 2018
  4. OneDrive - shared link - one is required to create an account first?

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive - shared link - one is required to create an account first?

1. OneDrive - shared link - one is required to create an account first? - Similar Threads - OneDrive shared link

2. OneDrive shared Links!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive shared Links!: Hi again, I do a lot of presentations using PowerPoint and send out to friends. In the early years they where quiet basic and small maybe 25Mb or under. I had no problem sending by email. The presentations are now much bigger with video content so I have to create a "Share...
  3. OneDrive shared Links!

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive shared Links!: Hi again, I do a lot of presentations using PowerPoint and send out to friends. In the early years they where quiet basic and small maybe 25Mb or under. I had no problem sending by email. The presentations are now much bigger with video content so I have to create a "Share...
  4. OneDrive Shared links!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Shared links!: I do a lot of PowerPoint presentations which I normally send out on emails. I normally save to Mp4 video which most people can open. If the presentation exceeds the 25Mb max allowed I use a "Share" link with OneDrive etc. I normally right click on the file, share and copy and...
  5. OneDrive Shared links!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Shared links!: I do a lot of PowerPoint presentations which I normally send out on emails. I normally save to Mp4 video which most people can open. If the presentation exceeds the 25Mb max allowed I use a "Share" link with OneDrive etc. I normally right click on the file, share and copy and...
  6. OneDrive Shared links!

7. OneDrive Shared links!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Shared links!: Good morning, I do a lot of PowerPoint presentations which sometimes are to large to send has a attachment. If this is the case I use the OneDrive "shared link" and send by email. My friends normally click on the link and watch automatically. Over the last few days I have...
  8. OneDrive Shared links!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Shared links!: Good morning, I do a lot of PowerPoint presentations which sometimes are to large to send has a attachment. If this is the case I use the OneDrive "shared link" and send by email. My friends normally click on the link and watch automatically. Over the last few days I have...
  9. OneDrive Shared links!

10. Shared OneDrive Links !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared OneDrive Links !: Most of the PowerPoint presentations I do I save to OneDrive Mp4 because of the size etc. I can then send them via email using the "Shared links". It works fine most of the time with most of my contacts opening the links without any problem. After I have sent the link I...