Windows 10: OneDrive slow downloading

Discus and support OneDrive slow downloading in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning, I have very slow downloading from OneDrive. Now my home PC runs on W10P, i5 8gen core with 8GB of RAM and fiber connection at 1Gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KiP_1615, Jan 13, 2019.

1. KiP_1615 Win User

OneDrive slow downloading

Good morning,

I have very slow downloading from OneDrive.

Now my home PC runs on W10P, i5 8gen core with 8GB of RAM and fiber connection at 1Gb downloading speed.

Folders from my OneDrive (pay monthly) are downloading at 600-700kB/s. With this speed 25GB what I need to download will take ages.

Before you ask me I let you know:

1. Yes, checked https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Maximize-upload-and-download-speed-8eeadfb8-501f-406d-997b-98ab6ff67f43
    2. Yes, is the same on different browsers
    3. Yes, checked and no other apps working
    4. Yes, I'm on wired connection
    5. I even set seperate connection at 600Mb/s with no other devices and users and still 650kB/s is avarage speed

Any other ideas how to do it fast?

With this issue OneDrive as a cloud is useless for me.

Going to check Microsoft Flow to make copy of my files from OneDrive to GoogleDrive and then download it from GoogleDrive to PC at much better speed.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

KiP_1615, Jan 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    No onedrive

Hello Francis, OneDrive slow downloading :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Jan 13, 2019
  4. fjk61011 Win User

No onedrive

Ok, success. Had to unlink account and sign in again to change location to my E: drive

fjk61011, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive slow downloading - Similar Threads - OneDrive slow downloading

2. Slow downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow downloads: Every single browser I use has slow downloads and I don't know why.I've used Chrome, Opera GX and Edge. UP until the 1gb mark of a download they run at around 6mb/s, when hitting a gb they drop to 700kb/s.All the browsers do the same.My download speed on other apps [i.e....
  3. Slow downloads

Slow downloads: I have a windows 10 gaming PC that is restricting all downloads to at most 2mbps both with Ethernet and Wi-Fi, my broadband gets 35mbps and no other tech has an issue, I’ve rebooted my router and changed Ethernet wires, updated drivers and done everything asked of me that I...
  4. Slow downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow downloads: I have a windows 10 gaming PC that is restricting all downloads to at most 2mbps both with Ethernet and Wi-Fi, my broadband gets 35mbps and no other tech has an issue, I’ve rebooted my router and changed Ethernet wires, updated drivers and done everything asked of me that I...
  5. OneDrive very slow at downloading files

OneDrive very slow at downloading files: Any other program on my PC achieves 12 MB/s but onedrive is stuck ate 100kb/s or lower! This is not normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-very-slow-at-downloading-files/3a65f9b1-5f63-4d86-8d39-e17603b0c6b6
  6. Slow download on onedrive without VPN

Slow download on onedrive without VPN: So i have this problem where if I download my files from onedrive it is very slow. It is present on onedrive app on windows and the website. I have 1000/500 internet and the download speeds are like 1-5 Mbps. If I turn on a VPN it gets must faster and goes to 30 Mbps. How do...
  7. Slow download.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow download.: I currently have three devices that I can use to get on line with (Cell phone, laptop and my PC). I have cable service from Comcast and a Gateway modem and all this equipment is not more than 3 yrs old. Until recently my PC was always faster than the other devices when...
  8. OneDrive slow sync

OneDrive slow sync: My broadband is 240Mbps, no throttleing but Onedrive is only downloading at 100kbps. Any reason for this. 126961
  9. Slow Downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Downloads: My internet speed is very fast but dowloads are glacially slow. What can I do to speed the downloads up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-downloads/1103b00d-50c4-43aa-a6f2-911ff232f3ff
  10. Onedrive downloading very slow, or at 0.00KB/s

Onedrive downloading very slow, or at 0.00KB/s: Hi All, installed windows 10 on a new hard drive and had to re-download my files from Onedrive. Roughly 160gb worth, it has been downloading a week and has only hit 24gb. Sometimes I see the download speed at 0.00KB/s, which is what it is currently at. Clearly I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive download slow

2. onedrive slow download

3. onedrive downloads slow

4. one drive slow download,
  5. onedrive runs slow,
  6. why is downloading from onedrive so slow,
  7. onedrive download is very slow,
  8. why is onedrive download slow