Windows 10: OneDrive was not Desktop version but Mobile

Discus and support OneDrive was not Desktop version but Mobile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just got OneDrive to work correctly, with considerable help fom a OneDrive Support advisor. It seems the root of my problems were that for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Jul 26, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

OneDrive was not Desktop version but Mobile

I have just got OneDrive to work correctly, with considerable help fom a OneDrive Support advisor. It seems the root of my problems were that for some reason my PC had the cut down version of OneDrive installed, instead of the Desktop version. For a while my misunderstanding of this made it difficult to install the Desktop version in place of the Mobile version. Does anyone know how this could have happened? The Mobile OneDrive will have replaced the Desktop OneDrive, which had been working OK in the past. As I have neglected to use OneDrive until recently I had not been aware that this had happened

:)

clayto, Jul 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    No onedrive

Hello Francis, OneDrive was not Desktop version but Mobile :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Jul 26, 2019
  4. fjk61011 Win User

No onedrive

Ok, success. Had to unlink account and sign in again to change location to my E: drive

fjk61011, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive was not Desktop version but Mobile - Similar Threads - OneDrive was Desktop

2. OneDrive desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive desktop.: My desktop properties says it is a OneDrive desktop. I have already unlinked this computer from OneDrive and uninstalled it, signed out of Microsoft 365, but don't seem to have a local desktop that I would prefer. How to I get a local desktop instead of a OneDrive desktop?...
  3. Transferring data from YouTube mobile version to another desktop account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring data from YouTube mobile version to another desktop account: How can I transfer my YouTube data from my Android smartphone onto another account in desktop version of You Tube?Please tell the process in detail....
  4. Transferring data from YouTube mobile version to another desktop account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring data from YouTube mobile version to another desktop account: How can I transfer my YouTube data from my Android smartphone onto another account in desktop version of You Tube?Please tell the process in detail....
  5. How to transfer tabs in Chrome on mobile to a Desktop version of chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer tabs in Chrome on mobile to a Desktop version of chrome: I have lots of downloads and browsing history opened in chrome mobile version and so the mobile sometime hangs due to low memory . I want to download/transfer those data in my Chrome desktop version. Kindly tell me the steps to perform the task....
  6. How to transfer tabs in Chrome on mobile to a Desktop version of chrome

How to transfer tabs in Chrome on mobile to a Desktop version of chrome: I have lots of downloads and browsing history opened in chrome mobile version and so the mobile sometime hangs due to low memory . I want to download/transfer those data in my Chrome desktop version. Kindly tell me the steps to perform the task....
  7. onedrive and desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive and desktop: Onedrive - autoconfigure - Desktop BackupI have a little concern about Onedrive configuration and actually I didnt find the right forum to askSome reason - Onedrive autoconfigures weirdSituation - new computer, just created exicting MS Accountafter 1st logon Onedrive...
  8. onedrive and desktop

onedrive and desktop: Onedrive - autoconfigure - Desktop BackupI have a little concern about Onedrive configuration and actually I didnt find the right forum to askSome reason - Onedrive autoconfigures weirdSituation - new computer, just created exicting MS Accountafter 1st logon Onedrive...
  9. OneDrive and desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and desktop: I dont know why OneDrive removes everything in the desktop and sync it into the cloud after i updated windows ... i really wish windows stop tormenting us with such aggressive updates that make us waste time trying to fix. I just wanted to use Onedrive for it's storage and...
  10. OneDrive was not Desktop version but Mobile

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive was not Desktop version but Mobile: I have just got OneDrive to work correctly, with considerable help fom a OneDrive Support advisor. It seems the root of my problems were that for some reason my PC had the cut down version of OneDrive installed, instead of the Desktop version. For a while my misunderstanding...