Windows 10: Onedrive won't unlink

Discus and support Onedrive won't unlink in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to unlink my onedrive account after accidently activating one drive setting up windows 10. I have turned off auto back up and it seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by N Brown2, May 10, 2020.

1. N Brown2 Win User

Onedrive won't unlink

I am trying to unlink my onedrive account after accidently activating one drive setting up windows 10. I have turned off auto back up and it seems to unlink through the instructions given here https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB but will immediately sign back in the moment I restart or turn off my pc.

:)

N Brown2, May 10, 2020

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Onedrive won't unlink ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 10, 2020
  3. fjk61011 Win User
    No onedrive

Ok, success. Had to unlink account and sign in again to change location to my E: drive

fjk61011, May 10, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Onedrive won't unlink

How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Onedrive won't unlink

1. Onedrive won't unlink - Similar Threads - Onedrive won't unlink

2. Unlinking files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking files from OneDrive: A week ago I installed sims 4 on my pc. Onedrive automatically, which is annoying in itself, decided to link the sims files. I only have 5 GB in total on my personal onedrive, so you can imagine what kind of problem the sims gaming files will create..So, I did the steps I...
  3. Unlinking files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlinking files from OneDrive: A week ago I installed sims 4 on my pc. Onedrive automatically, which is annoying in itself, decided to link the sims files. I only have 5 GB in total on my personal onedrive, so you can imagine what kind of problem the sims gaming files will create..So, I did the steps I...
  4. Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive,

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive,: Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive, Here is the error message"There was a problem signing you in. Error code: 0x8004de44. I also have problem sign-in to the window store. Not sure these issues are related to each other....
  5. Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive,: Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive, Here is the error message"There was a problem signing you in. Error code: 0x8004de44. I also have problem sign-in to the window store. Not sure these issues are related to each other....
  6. Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. OneDrive Unlink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Unlink: Hi. My pc storage is full and I was thinking of unlinking my two OneDrive accounts but I am worried that the files I have on them will be permanently removed. What should I do? I don't mind having to access them online if that's the case....
  8. Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive: Hello there, I am attempting to unlink the Pictures folder in Windows 10 from OneDrive. I have far too many pictures currently and don't want to have them eat up up space. I believe I was able to do it before I reformatted my computer, but it no longer lets me bypass it. I...
  9. Unlink PC from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unlink PC from OneDrive: All my folders including my desktop are linked to OneDrive. My local PC User folder (Local Disk (C)>Users>user folder) does not have a desktop folder. If I unlink OneDrive, will a desktop folder be created?...
  10. Link or Unlink OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link or Unlink OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Link or Unlink OneDrive with Microsoft Account in Windows 10 How to Link or Unlink OneDrive with Microsoft Account in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive. By...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot unlink onedrive

2. onedrive wont unlink account

3. onedrive wont unlink

4. onedrive wont unlink account windows 10