Windows 10: Original Administrator Account Issue.

Discus and support Original Administrator Account Issue. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I deleted the original account the first one I had on my computer off of my computer and now when I'm trying to delete some of my files it says I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by D'Andre.., Dec 23, 2019.

1. D'Andre.. Win User

Original Administrator Account Issue.

So I deleted the original account the first one I had on my computer off of my computer and now when I'm trying to delete some of my files it says I need permission from the account that I deleted to do it. Help? sorry about the category if it's wrong I don't really know where to put it

:)

D'Andre.., Dec 23, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Fortitude Win User
    Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account?

Firstly, I should say that someone suggested this Forum to me and it's one of the most useful things that I have come across on the Internet!
    I read somewhere that one way to safeguard your system is to create a second Administrator account in addition to the one that is built-in in Windows, so that should there be a problem with the "original" Administrator account you would use the second one to restore the first one.
    If this is indeed advisable, what are the steps to do it? I presume that I should password-protect the second Administrator account.
    Would I have the second Administrator account always enabled and the original Administrator account always disabled?

Fortitude, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. Original Administrator Account Issue. - Similar Threads - Original Administrator Account

2. Administrator Account Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Account Issues: my Laptop It Recently Had a Admin Account on it I deleted it. I have a Standard account aswell. I can download things but I can't setup anything without it showing a Pop up Saying that I need to Use a Administrator Name And password. I already Deleted It. The Popup just says...
  3. Administrator Account Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account Issues: my Laptop It Recently Had a Admin Account on it I deleted it. I have a Standard account aswell. I can download things but I can't setup anything without it showing a Pop up Saying that I need to Use a Administrator Name And password. I already Deleted It. The Popup just says...
  4. Administrator Account Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files: Hello,I created a new administrative user account with my original administrative account and then I went ahead and deleted the original administrative account with that new administration account I had just created. I did this before pulling some of the data I needed from...
  6. Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files: Hello,I created a new administrative user account with my original administrative account and then I went ahead and deleted the original administrative account with that new administration account I had just created. I did this before pulling some of the data I needed from...
  7. Administrator Account Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Account Issue: I had a computer that I upgraded to Windows 10 and removed all but one user account. There is no guest account showing in my users, but I just discovered that all my administrative information is being stored as Guest. I can't figure out how to transfer that information to my...
  8. administrator account issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator account issues: Hello, so I cannot get anybody on the phone for the life of me and the virtual assistant is zero help EVER! Anyways, I have been having issues for quite some time and failed to get any help. I have triple checked to see if I'm correct and it says that I am the administrator...
  9. Change original administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change original administrator account: I would like to know WHY the original administrator account can not be changed. Add another administrator account is NOT ENOUGH. For security reasons I urgently need to change this, but as I have been reading, it is, by design, not possible. For all I can see this is some...
  10. Change original administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change original administrator account: I have purchased a used Asus laptop that already has Win 10 installed on it from the original owner. All of the settings on the computer are linked to that owner's Microsoft account and administrator account. Is there a way for me to change the administrator information to my...