Windows 10: PC is still rebooting from hibernate :(

Discus and support PC is still rebooting from hibernate :( in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer, after the Windows 10 update, keeps rebotting after I hibernate. I can't remember if it does this for a regular shutdown. I tend to push... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sanman, Oct 1, 2015.

1. sanman Win User

PC is still rebooting from hibernate :(

My computer, after the Windows 10 update, keeps rebotting after I hibernate. I can't remember if it does this for a regular shutdown. I tend to push the power button to prevent it from booting Windows.
    I did go and disable "allow this device to wake" in Device Manager and I don't think I've been using any other peripherals.
    Please help me if you get a chance. Let me know what I should try. Thank you.

One other thing (unrelated) that maybe someone can help suggest:
    I bought an Oduo bluetooth adaptor but I didn't build my PC with a CD drive. I haven't been able to find drivers and it's unlikely I'll be able to ask a friend to rip an ISO. Am I stuck with this CD I can't use? I don't see a website.

:)

sanman, Oct 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 - PC rebooting when waking from hibernate

That seems to have worked! Thank you very much.

Allison_Rose_930, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - PC rebooting when waking from hibernate

Hi everyone,

I'm have an annoying issue with my new Windows 10 PC, an HP Spectre x360. Previously, on my Surface Pro 4, hibernate mode worked as expected once enabled; it didn't use any power when in hibernate mode, and then on turning the PC back on it came back with
    all my programs and files as I left them.

With my new PC however, if it is in hibernate mode for longer than about 30 minutes, when it is powered back on it's like it's been rebooted, and none of my programs are open. This is quite irritating as I use hibernate mode exclusively, and if I'm unable
    to fix it will result in the PC being taken back to the store.

Any ideas? All of my drivers are up to date, and it happens with and without any external devices connected.

Thanks,

Allison

Allison_Rose_930, Oct 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 1, 2015
  5. Regarding the drivers, go to Windows Device Manager, look up the VID/PID string of the USB device, search on Google for that string.

nigelmercier, Oct 1, 2015
  6. sanman Win User
    I recall trying that in the past. I followed those instructions, now, and the wake source is "Unknown". Hopefully this computer nonsense can be resolved. Bought this thing so it wouldn't crash, installed a clean Win7 and upgraded to Win10. Never can win with these machines. Win10 has been pretty great otherwise and I hope to explore.

sanman, Oct 2, 2015
  7. sanman Win User
    My PC is still doing this.

sanman, Oct 19, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 19, 2015
  9. sanman Win User
    Ok. I've followed those instructions. Hopefully this solution can work.

Computers often seem to require much oil and labor. Maybe it's just me, but I swear there's more internal utilities, file syncing and network i/o apps, anti-virus, etc. than functional communication or media or web browsing apps. At least I got a fast PC.

sanman, Oct 20, 2015
  10. sanman Win User
    Nope. No dice. I've found my PC turned back on after hibernating these past few nights.

Wake Source: Unknown, but possibily due to timer - Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\mcupdate_scheduled' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.
    and also sometimes just says "unknown"

sanman, Oct 31, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 31, 2015
  12. sanman Win User
    Ok I really remember why I wanted to avoid PC problems and get the highest end PC and had done a clean install. Maybe I should reinstall yet another time, but computers will always do this.

So, now I'm still getting unknown and also sometimes this error:

Wake Source: Unknown, but possibily due to timer - Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

sanman, Nov 16, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 16, 2015
  14. sanman Win User
    Thank you thank you thank you, Brink.
    That's off my checklist now! Next on my agenda is contacting Bitdefender to find out how to fully whitelist an app for firewall.
    Toodles! See ya and I hope there's no need to bump this again! xD

sanman, Nov 17, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Sanman. I'm glad it was able to help. *Smile

Brink, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

1. PC is still rebooting from hibernate :( - Similar Threads - still rebooting hibernate

2. PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation: My PC is running on a a fresh clean installation of windows 10 with all the latest updates applied. Whenever I put the PC to hibernation and resume, everything functions as expected all the applications are working and no errors are shown for for a few seconds and then just...
  3. PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation: My PC is running on a a fresh clean installation of windows 10 with all the latest updates applied. Whenever I put the PC to hibernation and resume, everything functions as expected all the applications are working and no errors are shown for for a few seconds and then just...
  4. PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC reboots when idle or set to hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC reboots when idle or set to hibernate: I updated the system to Windows 10 20H2 version several days ago, after which the pc started to reboot itself after being idle for several minutes or if I switch it to the sleep / hibernate mode.Grateful for any help or ideas.Thanks....
  6. No internet on reboot post hibernation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet on reboot post hibernation: On reboot/Restart post hibernation I find my internet needs reconnecting. I have follow various instructions to make sure my power management does not switch off the wifi as seen in my pictures. Can anyone help? Windows 10 home version 2004 (OS build 19041.610) 64bit...
  7. Windows 10: I hibernate, but the PC reboots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: I hibernate, but the PC reboots: I normally hibernate my laptop at night. This allows me to pick up my work in the morning right where I left it in the evening. This doesn't work anymore. I hibernate it, but when I switch it on in the morning, it starts from scratch. I am not aware of any reconfiguration...
  8. Hibernate immediately reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate immediately reboots: Strange but true - one of my systems will hibernate, sit there for a few moments and then comes back up again. Windows 10 Version 2004 How on earth to fix? David 161446
  9. Hibernate immdeiately reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate immdeiately reboots: Strange but true - one of my systems will hibernate, sit there for a few moments and then comes back up again. Windows 10 Version 2004 How on earth to fix? David 161446
  10. PC turning itself on from hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    PC turning itself on from hibernation: My pc has recently decided to start turning itself on in the middle of the night, while its supposed to be hibernating (I'm not sure yet if it is also affected during a normal shut-down). I also haven't managed to lock down the exact time (if there is one) that this happens....