Windows 10: PC Stuck on Bootloop With error code 0xc000007b

Discus and support PC Stuck on Bootloop With error code 0xc000007b in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot access my Toshiba Laptop. It keeps going into a bootloop with a BSOD error code 0xc000007b. 56652 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrRandomMan, Jul 17, 2016.

1. PC Stuck on Bootloop With error code 0xc000007b

I cannot access my Toshiba Laptop. It keeps going into a bootloop with a BSOD error code 0xc000007b.

:)

MrRandomMan, Jul 17, 2016
  2. jephB Win User

windows 10 error code 0xc000007b

How do I fix error code 0xc000007b on windows10? I tried to start up my pc last night and it brought a blue screen saying "Recovery" your pc/device needs to be repaired... An unexpected error has occurred.... Error Code: 0xc000007b

jephB, Jul 17, 2016
  3. unable to access any part of windows 10 stuck in boot loop due to blue screen of death virus ndistpr64.sys

i am thinking too forward for this to be possible...it would make sense to me that there would be a way to fix a pc running windows10 using an android device running android 7?

pc stuck in bootloop due to ndistpr64.sys blue screen of death virus? by downloading fix to sd card then forcing an install during bootloop?

my trinity, Jul 17, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

PC Stuck on Bootloop With error code 0xc000007b

The following information was taken from Microsoft's page for the 0x7b error:

Not sure if this helps but it would be important to know if you have made any recent changes.

philc43, Jul 18, 2016
  5. I uninstalled Panda Antivirus to later install Comodo antivirus.

MrRandomMan, Jul 18, 2016
  6. Alright my laptop suddenly got out of the bootloop.

Here is the Dump File.

Attachment 90933

7. philc43 Win User
    Zip file appears to be empty

philc43, Jul 18, 2016
  8. PC Stuck on Bootloop With error code 0xc000007b

Sorry about that. Here is the folder (Zipped).

Attachment 90951

9. philc43 Win User
    The following message shows up:

Code: ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000007b - {Bad Image} %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x%08lx.[/quote] This suggests you have some program files in the wrong format for your system.

You need to run a system file check and also a system image check. See the following tutorials if you need reminding how to do this:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...-10-image.html

philc43, Jul 18, 2016
  10. Alright, this is what the SFC Scan came back with this
    "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."
    So I can rest my laptop now without the bluescreen error?

MrRandomMan, Jul 19, 2016
  11. philc43 Win User
    Yes you can try again but if the problem is still there you may have to use the DISM command. There is also the possibility that it was not a Windows file that was causing the error, in which case you may have to try a clean boot and troubleshoot which program is causing it.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...conflicts.html

philc43, Jul 19, 2016
  12. Alright, I rest the laptop and it got the same error. (I only did the recommended SFC Scan) Should I give the new dump file?

MrRandomMan, Jul 19, 2016
  13. ARC
    Arc Win User

I was stalking this thread from the start, and would ask for the kind permission of @philc43 to post here.

The thread title attracted me. As far as I knew, STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT (0xC000007B) is not a BSOD but some sort of application error. I am wondering to see it as a BSOD. It is not in the list of known bugcheck codes of Windows OS, as well.

The event logs, anyhow, supports my previous knowledge.
    We may imagine that the application that is running during the error message is throwing the issue. And that is AVG.
    Code: PROCESS_NAME: avgrsa.exe[/quote] So, based on it, I would suggest to uninstall AVG, activate Inbuilt Windows Defender and see how it goes. Yes, AVG causes this issue. https://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-for...show&id=129779

[Note: In general course, debugging based on the process name is not a good idea. it will be totally misguiding in almost 99% cases. I am going for it in this particular case on the assumption that it is not actually a BSOD but an application error].

If removing AVG does not solve the issue, read next:
    The reference of 0xc000007B does not end here. It is also seen that Startup Repair is also having failures, with the same status.
    Boot to Advanced Startup Options from Windows 10 Installation USB or DVD following the Option Five of Run Startup Repair for three consecutive times with restarts within every single run. The automated Startup Repair may not be enough to resolve all sort of startup related issues; it works much better if it is run using the installation media.

14. philc43 Win User
    Yes please load the new dumpfile. But also do the DISM repair and if this does not help, explore the clean boot route so that you can pinpoint the program that is causing the problem.

philc43, Jul 20, 2016
  15. @philc43 Here is the new dump file (I am working on doing the other stuff) It also looks like it got some older dumps. The one I need is on 7/20/2016.

Attachment 91265

@Arc I uninstalled AVG.

MrRandomMan, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

1. PC Stuck on Bootloop With error code 0xc000007b - Similar Threads - Stuck Bootloop error

2. Error Code 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Code 0xc000007b: I am having problems with starting up my ACER laptop. I get the above message, yet when I try the solutions nothing works and it just ends up back at the blue screen with that message plus thisFile: \WINDOWS\system32\drivers\protected_elam.sys I did a reset back to...
  3. Error code 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0xc000007b: Hello. I have an issue here. I installed Epic games launcher but I can't open it. It says "error code 0xc000007b". I found the error code on their website and it told me to reinstall the launcher. But I've reinstalled the launcher multiple times and still no result. Can...
  4. Error code 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code 0xc000007b: Hello. I have an issue here. I installed Epic games launcher but I can't open it. It says "error code 0xc000007b". I found the error code on their website and it told me to reinstall the launcher. But I've reinstalled the launcher multiple times and still no result. Can...
  5. Error code 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0xc000007b: I've recently been getting bsod so I uninstalled my gpu drivers and reinstalled them then this happened and now I'm stuck here and can't do anything can someone help me out?...
  6. Error code 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code 0xc000007b: I've recently been getting bsod so I uninstalled my gpu drivers and reinstalled them then this happened and now I'm stuck here and can't do anything can someone help me out?...
  7. Error code 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Error code 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0xc000007b: Good day Sir/Maám, I have installed GTA V game on this PC however the error code 0xc000007b constantly appearing and it say the program unable to start correct. I have the search the net for a possible solution, I have updated the Direct X, .Net framework and even download...
  9. Error code 0xc000007b

Error code 0xc000007b: Hello, I'm looking for help. Every time I launch my game, Rayman Legends, I get the error code 0xc000007b message and it won't launch. It has been like this since the day I got it, I have tried literally everything, I booted my computer in safe mode, tested my ram, ran the...
  10. ERROR CODE 0xc000007b

ERROR CODE 0xc000007b: whenever I try to play crysis or fallout 3 it simply wont open and show this "this application was unable to start correctly error 0xc000007b'' what should I do I have all required files and directx but it still shows it, I also have tried compatability modes but they...
Tags: