Windows 10: Peculiar Onedrive Quirk

Discus and support Peculiar Onedrive Quirk in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 5 Microsoft branded computers, they all are happily syncing together with the exception of the desktop on one little Surface Pro 3. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KolbyPanda, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Peculiar Onedrive Quirk

I have 5 Microsoft branded computers, they all are happily syncing together with the exception of the desktop on one little Surface Pro 3.

All OneDrive folders sync in nicely when I look into the file explorer, even the desktop so OneDrive is syncing to the Pro 3.

However...

The OneDrive synced desktop will not display on the actual desktop, but the folder syncs.....follow that? sorta?

Ive tried all the unlinks, uninstalls, reinstalling, refreshing, repairing even wiping and reinstalling W10..

I have resorted to placing a shortcut on my desktop to point to the perfectly synced OneDrive desktop folder but would like it to work as intended displaying the synced files on the actual desktop.

Any other suggestions?

:)

KolbyPanda, Feb 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 8, 2019
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Peculiar Onedrive Quirk ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Peculiar Onedrive Quirk

No onedrive

Hello Francis, Peculiar Onedrive Quirk :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Peculiar Onedrive Quirk

1. Peculiar Onedrive Quirk - Similar Threads - Peculiar Onedrive Quirk

2. Peculiar documents folder configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Peculiar documents folder configuration: I don't know how I did this, but I have two different Documents folders and they are different. I find one at c:\users\username\Documents and the other at c:\users\username\OneDrive\Desktop\4 user data directories down\Documents. I have no idea how this happened. The one way...
  3. Peculiar documents folder configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Peculiar documents folder configuration: I don't know how I did this, but I have two different Documents folders and they are different. I find one at c:\users\username\Documents and the other at c:\users\username\OneDrive\Desktop\4 user data directories down\Documents. I have no idea how this happened. The one way...
  4. Video Editor Quirk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor Quirk: If you accidentally delete a file from your Project Library in the Windows 10 video editor, it will say, "We can't find this file" in the timline. When you try to add the file back in, it doesn't copy in with the original name I had, it copies in as C10 Copy 2, and timeline...
  5. update quirks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update quirks: I have several isolated HP 840 workstations, running W10 version 1709. They must remain isolated. One of them refuses to accept the patch for KB4534276. There message is that the update does not apply to the computer. I've applied the most recent servicing stack updated...
  6. Peculiar email

in Browsers and Email
    Peculiar email: Hi I've received an email to my live mail account that is from an unknown person to the same person. The body of the email states: IS THIS YOUR PERSONAL OR WORK EMAIL? I've checked the message source details & there's no mention of my live email address. My question is: How...
  7. Peculiar finding in CCleaner.

Peculiar finding in CCleaner.: CCleaner finds the following entry checking my registry. I copied it to a text file: Open with Application Issue "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\Win7UI.exe" %1 %2 HKCR\FunctionDiscoveryItemBluetooth\shell\Operation I cannot find an entry in C:\ at all but in the registry I...
  8. Quirk or bug? Network troubleshooter..

Quirk or bug? Network troubleshooter..: Hi, I only have one PC (this) connected to my router. No local network as such. I suddenly came across this very unhelpful response on clicking Network Troubleshooter: [img] msdt.exe does exist there. Note: as per my specs, this is build 1709. Thanks! 122828
  9. Peculiar and perplexing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Peculiar and perplexing: On initial start,Device manager shows the display adapter has been stopped,error code 43.When restart selected,the operation is normal and the display adapter,nvidea GeForce gt610,works without a problem, This situation happens every time,without fail. Fast startup and the...
  10. Sleep Quirk

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Quirk: I left my machine running last night so it could finish copying files from my old drive to the new one. When I woke up this morning the power light was flashing, its sign it's in sleep mode, but the internal LEDs (GPU, CPU heatsink, etc.) were all still on and I couldn't wake...