Windows 10: Photo App Crashes

Discus and support Photo App Crashes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone know if the Photo App crashing issue is fixed. When I open mine, it crashes and closes soon after. 16066 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by abn505, Aug 13, 2015.

1. abn505 Win User

Photo App Crashes

Anyone know if the Photo App crashing issue is fixed. When I open mine, it crashes and closes soon after.

:)

abn505, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Jefferson Ore, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Photos app doesn't start

When i try to open a photo the photos app opens for a split second and then crashes. i tried restarting windows store cache and reinstalling the photos app.

Edvinas Norkus, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Photo App Crashes

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  5. abn505 Win User
    abn505, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Other than seeing if re-registering it may help, you could try uninstalling the "Photos" app, and reinstalling it "Microsoft Photos" from the Store.

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  7. abn505 Win User
    Nope still does it, still haven't found anything that works.

abn505, Aug 19, 2015
  8. justinizy Win User

Photo App Crashes

PHOTOS issue.

I used the following steps to uninstall :
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...a.html#option2

Then I go to 'Store' to reinstall Windows Photos app.

It worked.

Good luck.

justinizy, Aug 22, 2015
  9. abn505 Win User
    The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Aug 28, 2015
  10. Not for me. Just started having the issue today. I think I uninstalled Photos by following the guide linked here. But when I went to the Store to reinstall, it said Photos was installed. So not sure what I did wrong. But I must have uninstalled something as when I double click on a photo, Windows Photo Viewer opens the picture. Photo viewer is easier to work with anyway, as it's easier to print, email, etc. pictures.

Gator5000e, Sep 4, 2015
  11. It didn't help me. I just started having the problem today. All Windows updates are installed.

Gator5000e, Sep 4, 2015
  12. Just started happening to me today. Last time it worked it prompted me to sign in with my windows account and password, which I did. It told me my password wasn't recognized (huh?) but that I could just sign into the app itself, which I did. At which point it crashed and now continues to crash every time I try to open it. Any ideas?

larryvogel, Sep 7, 2015
  13. Photo App Crashes

Yeah, I'm still having the problem as well. Bet it's tied into the MS account somehow. When I went to the Apps & Features in settings, the two choices for Photos, Move and Uninstall, are greyed out. I can't select either one of them. So something is up. the The Windows Store says the app is installed but I can't open it from there either as it crashes almost immediately.

Gator5000e, Sep 7, 2015
  14. Not being smart here but why is this thread marked as solved?

Gator5000e, Sep 7, 2015
  15. OK, I tried this, and it worked! I used option 2, suboption 3. Photos is now working as it should...(it's still a crappy app, but it's working).

larryvogel, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

Photo App Crashes

1. Photo App Crashes - Similar Threads - Photo App Crashes

2. Photos app crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app crashes: I have had this same problem with Windows Photo App for quite a while now, on two different systems. I can open the app and import photos no problems at all, but as soon as I try and open a single photo after importing, the app crashes. It doesn't happen if I open the app...
  3. Photos-App Crash

Photos-App Crash: Hi all, Since a Photo-App Update believe some months ago, it happens sometime that the App crashes by doubleclicking on a .jpg file. In 80% it works with no problems. Sometimes after waiting very long, the App crashes. After closing the App and retry, the App will work fine...
  4. Photos app crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos app crash: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2020.20070.10002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Photos.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoBEX Package Full Name:...
  5. Photos App Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App Crashing: Hi all, I have searched for a solution to this problem for some time, but nothing seems to work for me. Just putting out a message in a bottle here one more time to see if anyone has anything further to add: When I open the Photos app, I get a black window for about 2...
  6. Photos App Crashes

Photos App Crashes: For the last few days this App has crashed whenever I use it. I have reset the app. No effect I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No effect I have recently used the "Free up space now" Setting in Windows. I am wondering if this deleted something that the...
  7. Photo app crashing

Photo app crashing: How can I stop the photo app crashing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-crashing/27466ee1-a80a-484f-9669-914d58930204
  8. photo app crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo app crashing: the microsoft photos app keeps closing and i cant view any of my photos as it keeps saying system error. i have tried repair, reset and uninstall and none of them work. what else can be done?...
  9. photos app crashes

photos app crashes: The Windows 10 update on 6/11/2018 has cause my photo app to crash immediately on startup. I reinstalled photo, but I continuously get a file systems error (-2147279796) come on MS get it fixed please !...
  10. Photo App Crashing

Photo App Crashing: When double clicking an image I get the Photo App load screen. The image may render for a second or the App simply crashes. Its somewhat intermittent, but it seems to work with more frequency when I go directly to the Photo App itself. I'm not quite sure what's going on with...