Windows 10: PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

Discus and support PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Change the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, May 27, 2016.

1. PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

How to: PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

How to Change the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone

PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [​IMG]
    Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and services.

This tutorial will show you how to change the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

EXAMPLE: Sign in with PIN on Windows 10 Phone

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and tap on Accounts. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on Sign-in options. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on the Change button under PIN. (see screenshot below)

4. Enter your current PIN, enter a new PIN, enter the new PIN again to confirm, and tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

5. If you like, tap on the Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, May 27, 2016
  2. xinlifoss Win User

Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

thanks for the tip. yes, the phone did ask if I wanted to set a pin. I tried my tests with the pin set and without a pin set. no difference.

it took a while, but I finally got this new update installed.

alas, same pathology:
    • with a local Device Encryption toggled On, no dialog, no change in Storage status
    • with an activesync policy from Google Sync (Google for Work), the Requires Encryption policy is ignored by the device, so the toggle remains Off, yet the device seems to be reporting back to the server that encryption is activated because the data is syncing with the servers
    • with a native Office Enterprise that has a Requires Encryption policy, the settings toggle is moved to On and greyed out so the user cannot disable, the data is syncing immediately, yet the Storage settings do not indicate that the device is encrypted.

last thing. with windows 8.1r2, the Office Enterprise did seem to set the encryption correctly.

still puzzled.

xinlifoss, Oct 26, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 26, 2019
  4. PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

1. PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Similar Threads - PIN Change Mobile

2. mobile phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile phone: why i cant remove the phone in my phone app in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-phone/d7016bbe-70cf-4a38-b11c-8ae6269cfac2
  3. Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay...
  4. Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Resetting your Windows 10 Mobile phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on. All your personal content stored on the phone will be...
  5. Active Hours for Updates - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Active Hours for Updates - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Active Hours for Updates - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Change Active Hours for Updates on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322, you can now set the time in which you are most active...
  6. PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Reset the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and...
  7. PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Remove PIN from your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and...
  8. PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Add a PIN to your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and...
  9. Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Change Start Background on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to choose a Start background to show as a tile image, full image, or no image on your Windows 10...
  10. Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Change the Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Devices on a network need unique names so they can identify and communicate with each other. If two devices have the same name on the same...