Windows 10: PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

Discus and support PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Reset the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, May 31, 2016.

1. PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

How to: PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

How to Reset the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone

PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [​IMG]
    Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and services.

If you should forget your PIN number on your phone, then you can reset the PIN at anytime using your Microsoft account password.

This tutorial will show you how to reset the PIN to a new PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

Note In Windows 10 Mobile, when a user enters their PIN code wrong four times, the user will be prompted with a new screen asking them to enter the challenge phrase "A1B2C3." The user is not given another attempt at the passcode until the this challenge phrase is entered, effectively putting a stop any future accidental or purposeful attempts to enter it wrong. If the user were to enter the challenge phrase correctly and proceed to incorrectly enter the wrong PIN once more, the phone will lock and require a restart.

EXAMPLE: Sign in with PIN on Windows 10 Phone

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and tap on Accounts. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on Sign-in options. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on the I forgot my PIN link under PIN. (see screenshot below)

4. Tap on Continue. (see screenshot below)

5. Enter your Microsoft account password, and tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

6. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit PIN number you want, and tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

7. If you like, tap on the Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, May 31, 2016
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Winuser Win User

PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 26, 2019
  5. werty Win User
    Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Hi,

I`m currently running Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.586.164 which was upgraded from Windows 10 Mobile RTM ( I can`t remember which was the version). If I reset my phone which version will be installed - the 10.586.164 or the initial RTM version? I`m a bit confused with Mobile version of Windows 10 *Redface.

P.S. The phone was originally bought with Windows Phone 8.1 installed and when Windows 10 Mobile was officially announced I upgraded it to Windows 10 Mobile if that matters...

Thanks,

werty, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Hello Werty, PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones :)

When you reset your Windows 10 Mobile phone, you should have the same build.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

1. PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Similar Threads - PIN Reset Mobile

2. mobile phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile phone: why i cant remove the phone in my phone app in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-phone/d7016bbe-70cf-4a38-b11c-8ae6269cfac2
  3. Password reset via mobile phone not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset via mobile phone not working: I am locked out of my Microsoft account as I forgot my password. The account has 2FA enabled. I have tried to get a code sent to my registered mobile. Its not coming. I have been told by Microsoft that this feature is not working at the moment. I find this unacceptable as I...
  4. Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay...
  5. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  6. Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Resetting your Windows 10 Mobile phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on. All your personal content stored on the phone will be...
  7. App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset an App on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Mobile build 15007, you can now reset a UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10 Mobile back to its original state if the...
  8. PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Change the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps,...
  9. PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Remove PIN from your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and...
  10. PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Add a PIN to your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and...