Windows 10: Pin does not work for login

Discus and support Pin does not work for login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I am on latest insider build 14372. For the past view insider builds on this particular machine I can no longer in via pin. Always says incorrect.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jmsnyc, Jul 1, 2016.

1. jmsnyc Win User

Pin does not work for login

Hi, I am on latest insider build 14372. For the past view insider builds on this particular machine I can no longer in via pin. Always says incorrect. It use to work. It works on my other machine with same build. I can login with my MS account and change pin.?

:)

jmsnyc, Jul 1, 2016

2. cannot login

On the login screen the curser moves but when I click on the bar toput my pin it does not work. Ease of access does not open

StephanieMerson, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Safe Mode log in

I went into safe mode on my win 10 PC and when booting up it asks for a password. In normal mode login asks for a PIN. In Safe Mode login asks for a password. The normal mode PIN does not work for login to password request. Now I can't log into my
    PC or get out of safe mode. Help

RichardMillerXC, Jul 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 1, 2016
  5. jmsnyc Win User
    Already did that, no help. I didn't forget my pin, just not working

jmsnyc, Jul 2, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 2, 2016
  7. jmsnyc Win User
    Yes. It shows the dialpad icon for pin and another icon for password. Password is Microsoft account and works

jmsnyc, Jul 2, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 2, 2016
  9. jmsnyc Win User
    Microsoft seemed to restore the remove button for the pin so the thread you linked me too is no longer necessary

I havent rebooted yet but I locked and logged back in with pin without issue so seems to be resolved. Hopefully the issue wont reoccur.

Thanks for your help.

jmsnyc, Jul 2, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. I'll update the tutorial now. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pin does not work for login - Similar Threads - Pin does login

2. Why does pin fail on login but work after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does pin fail on login but work after restart: Login with pin works first time after a start. However try and log in after letting laptop sleep get reset pin message at login. Restart and pin works. Win 11 pro Actually get this on 2 separate laptops and users...
  3. Why does pin fail on login but work after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does pin fail on login but work after restart: Login with pin works first time after a start. However try and log in after letting laptop sleep get reset pin message at login. Restart and pin works. Win 11 pro Actually get this on 2 separate laptops and users...
  4. Login pin not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login pin not working: Login pin not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-not-working/f98ca5a4-9b8c-445f-944e-882f6bdd183e
  5. Login pin not working

Login pin not working: Login pin not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-not-working/f98ca5a4-9b8c-445f-944e-882f6bdd183e
  6. Login pin not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. PIN Login not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN Login not working: Trying to log into windows. It is not accepting my PIN number - and it is not giving me an alternative to put in another password. I cannot find a place to change the PIN without being logged into the machine....
  8. PIN Login not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Login not working: Trying to log into windows. It is not accepting my PIN number - and it is not giving me an alternative to put in another password. I cannot find a place to change the PIN without being logged into the machine....
  9. PIN Login not working

10. Windows login PIN code does not work in Safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login PIN code does not work in Safe mode: Hello, The computer has Windows 10 and PIN was used to login. I have enabled Safe mode using MSConfig with administrator rights (when trying to save new settings without administrator rights, the MSConfig reported that necessary file to enable Safe mode is used by another...