Windows 10: play-button keyboard: change the display time of controls-popup?

Discus and support play-button keyboard: change the display time of controls-popup? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, When I use the play-button on my keyboard (logitech k270), a little controls-popup appears and it dissapears in a few seconds. I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rrraarrrr, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Rrraarrrr Win User

play-button keyboard: change the display time of controls-popup?

Hi,

When I use the play-button on my keyboard (logitech k270), a little controls-popup appears and it dissapears in a few seconds.

I would like to shorten that few to ... say 1, but I don't know where to look in the reg.

Can someone help me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Jeroen

:)

Rrraarrrr, Oct 17, 2019

2. Change Level of Context Narrator Provides for Buttons and other Controls using Keyboard Shortcut

How to Change Level of Context Narrator Provides for Buttons and other Controls in Windows 10

Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10.

Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It reads and interacts with things on the screen, like text and buttons. Use Narrator to read and write email, browse the internet, and work with documents.

Specific commands let you navigate Windows, the web, and apps, as well as get info about the area of the PC you're in. Navigation is available using headings, links, landmarks, and more. You can read text (including punctuation) by page, paragraph, line, word, and character as well as determine characteristics like font and text color. Efficiently review tables with row and column navigation.

You can change the level of context Narrator provides for buttons and other controls. Options include: No context, Sounds only, Immediate context, Immediate context name and type, Full context of new control, and Full context of old and new controls.

This tutorial will show you how to change the level of context Narrator provides for buttons and other controls for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Level of Context Narrator Provides for Buttons and other Controls using Keyboard Shortcut
    • Option Two: Change Level of Context Narrator Provides for Buttons and other Controls in Settings
    • Option Three: Change Level of Context Narrator Provides for Buttons and other Controls using a REG file

play-button keyboard: change the display time of controls-popup? [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Change Level of Context Narrator Provides for Buttons and other Controls using Keyboard Shortcut
    1. While Narrator + Alt + forward slash (/)[/b] keys until you hear the level of context you want.

OPTION TWO
    Change Level of Context Narrator Provides for Buttons and other Controls in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

*note You can also press the Win+Ctrl+N keys to directly open Narrator settings.

2. Click/tap on Narrator on the left side, and select the level of context you want in the Change the level of context Narrator provides for buttons and other controls drop menu on the right side under the Change what you hear when reading and interacting section. (see screenshot below)

*note Immediate context is the default level.

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE
    Change Level of Context Narrator Provides for Buttons and other Controls using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Narrator\NoRoam

ContextVerbosityLevel DWORD

0 = No context
    1 = Sounds only
    2 = Immediate context (default)
    3 = Immediate context name and type
    4 = Full context of new control
    5 = Full context of old and new controls

1. Do step 2 (No context), step 3 (Sounds only), step 4 (Immediate context), step 5 (Immediate context name and type ), step 6 (Full context of new control), or step 7 (Full context of old and new controls) below for what you would like to do.

2. Use Narrator Buttons and other Controls Context Level 0 - No context
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 8 below.

No_context_level_of_context_Narrator_provides_for_buttons_and_other_controls.reg

3. Use Narrator Buttons and other Controls Context Level 1 - Sounds only
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 8 below.

Sounds_only_level_of_context_Narrator_provides_for_buttons_and_other_controls.reg

4. Use Narrator Buttons and other Controls Context Level 2 - Immediate context
    *note This is the default setting.

Immediate_context_level_of_context_Narrator_provides_for_buttons_and_other_controls.reg

5. Use Narrator Buttons and other Controls Context Level 3 - Immediate context name and type

Immediate_context_name_and_type_level_of_context_Narrator_provides_for_buttons_and_other_controls.re g

6. Use Narrator Buttons and other Controls Context Level 4 - Full context of new control

Full_context_of_new_control_level_of_context_Narrator_provides_for_buttons_and_other_controls.reg

7. Use Narrator Buttons and other Controls Context Level 5 - Full context of old and new controls

Full_context_of_old_and_new_controls_level_of_context_Narrator_provides_for_buttons_and_other_contro ls.reg

8. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

9. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

10. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

11. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Headphones and Speakers are playing at the same time

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website in compatibility
    mode. Both Display driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Sound, game controllers and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 17, 2019
  4. play-button keyboard: change the display time of controls-popup?

Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

play-button keyboard: change the display time of controls-popup?

1. play-button keyboard: change the display time of controls-popup? - Similar Threads - play button keyboard

2. Change Window Control Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Window Control Buttons: I need change default window controls to spheresfor all program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-window-control-buttons/b6845b9c-9d73-4e4d-a8f2-239ec55feaac
  3. Change Window Control Buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Window Control Buttons: I need change default window controls to spheresfor all program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-window-control-buttons/b6845b9c-9d73-4e4d-a8f2-239ec55feaac
  4. Change Window Control Buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change play button?

How to change play button?: Is there a way to change the play button on a keyboard so that the space bar isn't it? having to worry about accidentally playing a video in the same window as doing some typing intentionally is a hassle; while I tirelessly make a closed caption track for a video, the video...
  6. Keyboard button display app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard button display app: I have this issue with my keyboard in minecraft and I want to know if it occurs before or after Minecraft so is there an app that shows me on my screen when I press a button?...
  7. Playing Time popup

Playing Time popup: I recently had a popup which is now constantly appearing through all programs displaying "Playing Time: 30 minutes" and continues, 90, 120 and stops at "Over 18 minutes" in 30 minute intervals in the top right side of my monitor. I've checked all my video players, all windows...
  8. Play/Pause button on keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Play/Pause button on keyboard: Hello, Since my last Windows 10 Update on the 11th of April the function Play/Pause button on my keyboard has changed. Before the update, it used to only play or pause the music being played on Windows Media Player or MPC-HC and had no effect whatsoever on Youtube or...
  9. change buttons in keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    change buttons in keyboard: I cannot change buttons in Russian transliterated keyboard Student https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-buttons-in-keyboard/6cedc858-08d7-480c-95cc-68de788c5f19
  10. Changing buttons on keyboard

Changing buttons on keyboard: Hello: I am using Keyboard Layout Manager (klm32.com) to change the function of any key on the keyboard (I have Win 7 now). However, it seems as if the website no longer exists, so I am looking for alternatives. Is it possible to change the function of any key in Windows...