Windows 10: policy background disable change

Discus and support policy background disable change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Is it possible to disable a change to themes,colors,background on a W10 pro(workgroup) for the default useraccount? The adminaccount should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by deheugden, Mar 16, 2018.

1. deheugden Win User

policy background disable change

Hi,

Is it possible to disable a change to themes,colors,background on a W10 pro(workgroup) for the default useraccount? The adminaccount should be able to change themes, background,color,...

thanks in advance

:)

deheugden, Mar 16, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

regarding background personalize settings

Hi Singh,

The Some setting are managed by your organization message usually appears if there is any changes happened on the Registry Editor or Group policy Editor. We suggest editing the Group Policy by following the steps below:

• Open Group Policy by typing it in the search box.
    • Look for Administrative Templates and click on it.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Prevent changing desktop background and it will open an new window.
    • Select Disable on the choices and click Apply.

Once the changes were made, try to customize your background again.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 16, 2018
  3. I can't change my desktop wallpaper since I activated Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us with an update.

There is an Ease of Access setting in Control Panel that removes background images. To check your background settings in Ease of Access, follow these steps.

• Right-click on Start and select Control panel. Click on
      Ease of Access, and then click Ease of Access Center.
    • Under Explore all settings, click Make the computer easier to see.
    • Make sure that the option to Remove background images not selected.
    • Click OK twice, and then close the Ease of Access Center window.

If you are joined to a domain, your domain administrator may have disabled the option to change the desktop background. To check the desktop background policy, follow these steps.

Click here to view or hide detailed information

• Click Start, type Group Policy in the
      Search box, and then click Edit Group Policy on the list.
    • Click User Configuration, click Administrative Templates, click
      Desktop, and then click Desktop again.
    • Double-click Desktop WallpaperSelect.

Note If the Policy is enabled and set to a specific image, users cannot change the background. If the option is enabled and the image is not available, no background image is displayed.
    • Click Not Configured to enable the option to change the desktop background.

Keep us posted the outcome to guide you further.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 16, 2018
  4. policy background disable change

That is a bit complicated, a lot actually, and it never works reliably.

Better to use something like Reboot Restore Rx Freeware.

TairikuOkami, Mar 16, 2018
  5. Kari Win User
    Your system specs do not reveal a lot, but the most important fact is there to see: you have PRO edition. it means that you can use Group Plocis to do exactly what you want to. Contrary to what was told to you above, it will be quite an easy task.

Read this:

Allow or Prevent Changing Desktop Background in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Remember that any local admin can change your Group Policies. This will only work if all other users are using a standard account.

6. TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

policy background disable change

1. policy background disable change - Similar Threads - policy background disable

2. How to change desktop background when disabled by administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change desktop background when disabled by administrator?: I try to change it but it says 'Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-desktop-background-when-disabled-by/ed6f9eb9-c6e1-43c8-a825-3f881e01be34
  3. How to change desktop background when disabled by administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change desktop background when disabled by administrator?: I try to change it but it says 'Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-desktop-background-when-disabled-by/ed6f9eb9-c6e1-43c8-a825-3f881e01be34
  4. Policy question regarding Start backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Policy question regarding Start backgrounds: What are the 20 Start backgrounds that can be forced as a Group Policy? Are these for the start menu itself?A policy exists where if you set a number between 1 and 20, you will get a forced background -- i am curious if this only applies to 'new' user profiles.The policy has...
  5. Policy question regarding Start backgrounds

Policy question regarding Start backgrounds: What are the 20 Start backgrounds that can be forced as a Group Policy? Are these for the start menu itself?A policy exists where if you set a number between 1 and 20, you will get a forced background -- i am curious if this only applies to 'new' user profiles.The policy has...
  6. Disable Group Policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Group Policy: Hi, I've tried following the community instructions to disable 'group policy' (changing DWORD 'Start' to Decimal 4), yet there's an error and I'm unable to do this ('cannot edit Start: error writing the value's new contents'). I bought my computer as a demo from Harvey...
  7. Disable BackGround On Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable BackGround On Lockscreen: Hello, I'd like to know how to disable background on Lockscreen after startup (When we input user name and password) ? Thanks. 89873
  8. "Cortana disabled by company policy"

"Cortana disabled by company policy": This suddenly came on my PC, despite it being a home PC that I have full admin over - even MS can't figure it out. Any takers? 42542
  9. Cortana is disabled by company policy????

Cortana is disabled by company policy????: This is what greets me when I attempt to wake cortana. Where is the "company policy" set? I checked and did the manual enable of Cortana per one of the tutorials but even though I've done this I still get that "company policy" message. This is my own Windows 10 PRO system and...
  10. Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service: I just disabled the Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, and the Diagnostic System Host. Is there any adverse actions that this may cause? So far I have not noticed any. Once I get my Windows Settings the way I like, they normally stay the same, as I do...