Windows 10: Power icon and music icon greyed out?

Discus and support Power icon and music icon greyed out? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So for about a week my laptop decided that it would remove the music and power icon from the task-bar so, I went into notifications settings to turn it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheShoopster, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Power icon and music icon greyed out?

So for about a week my laptop decided that it would remove the music and power icon from the task-bar so, I went into notifications settings to turn it back on but the icons were grayed out. So i went to the inter-webs to find guides but none worked. One guide however did work but it was only a temporary fix by uninstalling battery and volume software through the device manager and then scanning for any hardware changes. This fix only lasts until i turn off my laptop. after that I've tried 8 guides on how to fix it such as: HKEY_CURRENT_USER or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, regedit, group policy manager. and so i decided to do a "Keep My Files Reset" to see if that would work but that did not. and now i am stuck at a dead end. I know that a factory reset would fix my problem but i dont know if I can still upgrade to windows 10 for free. I am now asking you dear people of the internet to help me please.

TL;DR Power and music icon grayed out please help.

Also my windows for like installers and google tend to spaz out when I try to move them so if you can give me a guide to fix it. Much appreciation!
    P.S i have a dell inspiron 13 7000 series

:)

TheShoopster, Apr 1, 2016
  2. BobCatman Win User

Notifications and Actions in the settings menu

Local account created still the same problem-- no power icon and both power and location icon greyed out??

BobCatman, Apr 1, 2016
  3. greyed out icons

windows 10 turn =settings = system icons on or off = 'power' and 'location' icons greyed out

StefanVizy, Apr 1, 2016
  4. Power icon and music icon greyed out?

Run CMD as admin and copy/paste those:

reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "AutoEndTasks" /t REG_SZ /d "1" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "HungAppTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "10000" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "WaitToKillAppTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "20000" /f
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control" /v "WaitToKillServiceTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "20000" /f

Not sure, what you mean by spaz out, maybe this?

Show window contents while dragging - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

TairikuOkami, Apr 2, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Suggestion:
    If you remember a date when you did not have this problem, then please do a system restore.
    Pick a date when you did NOT have this icons grayed out issue as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Apr 2, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    If system restore does not fix the problem, consider the following................

Since you had done a few registry editings and probably something else, there is a possibility damage has be done.

I would suggest that you do a Clean Install.
    Start fresh without carry-over baggage.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

davidhk, Apr 2, 2016
  7. Thank you the commands fixed my icon problem and as for my windows spazzing out that problem is gone now. Again thank you very much! *Biggrin

TheShoopster, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Power icon and music icon greyed out?

1. Power icon and music icon greyed out? - Similar Threads - Power icon music

2. power icon toggle is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power icon toggle is greyed out: I checked my battery icon and it's showing off. When I check on the settings to turn it on, the toggle is greyed out and cannot turn it back on. Restarting will fix it, but will happen again eventually. I need permanent fix. Thankyou....
  3. power icon toggle is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power icon toggle is greyed out: I checked my battery icon and it's showing off. When I check on the settings to turn it on, the toggle is greyed out and cannot turn it back on. Restarting will fix it, but will happen again eventually. I need permanent fix. Thankyou....
  4. power icon toggle is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Power Icon Slider is Greyed Out?

Power Icon Slider is Greyed Out?: I noticed my Taskbar Battery Icon is off and when I went to settings to turn it back on I found the Slider Greyed out. Is a restart the only way to fix it? This seems to happen more & more. Any reason?...
  6. Power Icon Slider is Greyed Out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Icon Slider is Greyed Out?: I noticed my Taskbar Battery Icon is off and when I went to settings to turn it back on I found the Slider Greyed out. Is a restart the only way to fix it? This seems to happen more & more. Any reason?...
  7. Power Icon Slider is Greyed Out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. power icon greyed out on laptop

power icon greyed out on laptop: The toolbar is currently not showing the power icon and I am unable to estimate the battery life. In the settings, the power icon is greyed out and I am not able to toggle it. Kindly help....
  9. Power Icon greyed out

Power Icon greyed out: Im running windows 10 home - version 1803 (updated earlier this month) and cant seem to get the power icon displaying so I can check my battery status. Ive gone to Settings, Personalization but the only icon that is greyed out is the one I want - why is it greyed out?...
  10. Power and volume icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Power and volume icon greyed out: I can't activate the power and volume icon because there gray. I've tried the regedit method. The icons came back but disapeared at the next booth. Is there a fix to that problem? If yes can someone provide the procedure that works. Best regards. *Mad 29160