Windows 10: Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can set Windows 10 to show either the contents or outline of a window while you drag the window or the border of the window. This applies to both desktop apps and Windows apps.

When you turn off "show window contents while dragging", it will show the window outline while dragging instead.

This tutorial will show you how to show window contents or outline while dragging for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off "Show window contents while dragging" in Visual Effects
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off "Show window contents while dragging" using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Show windows outline while dragging

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off "Show window contents while dragging" in Visual Effects
    1. Open your Visual Effects settings.

2. Check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Show window contents while dragging for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off "Show window contents while dragging" using a REG file

Note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

DragFullWindows string value

0 = Show window outline while dragging
    1 = Show window contents while dragging

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show window contents while dragging
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_window_contents_while_dragging.reg

Download

3. To Show window outline while dragging
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_window_outline_while_dragging.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. restart the computer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 17, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Show

2. How to turn off snap windows while keeping maximized window dragging?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off snap windows while keeping maximized window dragging?: On multiple monitors the windows stick to the side of the screens if i don't drag them fast. I want to avoid it without disabling maximized window dragging. How to do that? Windows 10 Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165) 183859
  3. DragFullWindows - Show Window Contents While Dragging does not work

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DragFullWindows - Show Window Contents While Dragging does not work: Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? No matter what I do, I cannot get the "Show window contents while dragging" feature to work in my Windows 10 environment. I have replaced the video card, updated drivers, fully cleaned drivers and re-installed, etc. I...
  4. Dragging windows Thumbnail snapping feature. How to turn it off?

Dragging windows Thumbnail snapping feature. How to turn it off?: How do I turn off this feature when dragging windows around? It is driving me nuts. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dragging-windows-thumbnail-snapping-feature-how-to/c15f81ca-4cc0-4c61-b27a-891a58ef133e
  5. See a window while dragging that window.

See a window while dragging that window.: When I grab a window to drag it somewhere else on my desktop, I cannot see the window while I am dragging it. I am using Windows 10, fully updated. Also, does whatever I do to set this setting get undone during an update or when I change a different setting that should be...
  6. Show windows contents while dragging:

in Windows 10 Support
    Show windows contents while dragging:: Every few days I have to go into System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Settings and click Adjust for best appearance (even though it is already selected) then OK out of all of these dialog boxes. If I don't do this the windows are just wireframes like back in Windows...
  7. Show Windows Contents While Dragging

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Windows Contents While Dragging: Every time I reboot my computer, the option called Show Windows Contents While Dragging in the Appearance and Visual Effects keeps being disabled. I have to keep enabling every time and it is frustrating. 17144
  8. Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 Starting with Settings. This content comes in a variety of forms, and can help you discover new features within Settings, or...
  9. Show windows content while dragging checked, but not functioning

in Windows 10 Support
    Show windows content while dragging checked, but not functioning: Every day I come back to my work pc and unlock the screen I notice the window content is just a black frame (like the old Windows 3.1 days) when dragging them around. I go into advanced system properties and settings under the performance tab and everything is already...
  10. Turn On or Off Download External Content in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Download External Content in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Download External Content in Windows 10 Mail app Turn On or Off Automatically Download External Content in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and...