Windows 10: Preventing Popups

Discus and support Preventing Popups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 on 64-bit ASUS M32 PC Short of switching to Linux, how can I suppress the popup ads that have begun appearing on the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rLsj, Nov 19, 2017.

1. rLsj Win User

Preventing Popups

Running Windows 10 on 64-bit ASUS M32 PC

Short of switching to Linux, how can I suppress the popup ads that have begun appearing on the Windows desktop since the last update from Microsoft?

:)

2. 31BFlem Win User

Reimage popup

Everytime I use IE the Reimageplus popup appears and wants to scan computer, finds possible threats, repair, pay etc. when defender finds no threats. is there away to prevent the reimage popup?

31BFlem, Nov 19, 2017
  3. roshanlal Win User
    This webpage wants to run the following add-on: 'Windows Script Host Runtime Library'

I keep getting this popup at the bottom of my browser (IE11 on Windows 10). Unfortunately, there are only two options: Allow and Allow for all websites. There should be a 3rd option that says Never allow. Is there a way to prevent this annoying popup? And
    generally all such popups from Microsoft as well as script error messages?

roshanlal, Nov 19, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Preventing Popups

Brink, Nov 19, 2017
  5. rLsj Win User
    I'll try to catch one. They grab my attention with an audio signal but last only a few seconds. The only one that lingers is from Microsoft, warning me that the Windows Firewall is turned off, which is especially annoying because I set it that way deliberately, having a better firewall upstream.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 19, 2017
  7. Probs worth running a quick malware scan in the meantime, any pop up microsoft send you im sure they make sure you can see it by leaving it on the screen for eternity lol *Smile

Any other pop up of a similar nature is normally something dodgy.

kingtez1984, Nov 19, 2017
  8. rLsj Win User

Preventing Popups

When I touch-slidein from the right, settings is mentioned only in "All settings." Touching that gives me "Windows Settings." Touching the icons "System" / "Notifications & actions" results among many other things in the line "Get notifications from apps and other senders," whose slide switch is to the left and marked "Off." So unless this setting is meaningless, which I often suspect with recent Windows, my popups are not notifications.

9. rLsj Win User
    On the advice of kingtez1984 I installed Avira anti-virus, which claimed to have found and "quarantined" a couple of malware programs. Since then only the following has appeared:

Preventing Popups [​IMG]

Thank you, kingtez1984.

Windows firewall is turned off at my choice. How do I suppress the above popup?

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 20, 2017
  11. Glad it sorted boss *Smile

kingtez1984, Nov 21, 2017
  12. rLsj Win User
    Clearing out the "Action Center" apparently solved everything. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Thema:

Preventing Popups

1. Preventing Popups - Similar Threads - Preventing Popups

2. OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts: I use LibreOffice. When a LibreOffice document is open, it creates a lock file in the folder which prevents a second user with access to the same folder from modifying the document while it is open by the first user. However, OneDrive doesn't synchronise the lock files across...
  3. OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts: I use LibreOffice. When a LibreOffice document is open, it creates a lock file in the folder which prevents a second user with access to the same folder from modifying the document while it is open by the first user. However, OneDrive doesn't synchronise the lock files across...
  4. How to prevent automatic Windows 11 updates from overwriting critical driver versions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent automatic Windows 11 updates from overwriting critical driver versions?: I'm playing Warzone 3 on Windows 11, and this game requires an Intel graphics driver version 49 or higher to run properly. I download and install the latest driver version version 53 from Intel's website, and the game runs fine. However, Windows automatically attempts to...
  5. How to prevent keyboard popup when using xbox controller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent keyboard popup when using xbox controller?: I tried playing Call of Duty on the Blizzard launcher but when I hold X a keyboard pops up. The same occurs when I hold Left joystick while playing Cyberpunk 2077 on the GOG launcher. How do I fix this issue? I have no problems when I use the controller to play on Steam....
  6. How to prevent keyboard popup when using xbox controller?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent keyboard popup when using xbox controller?: I tried playing Call of Duty on the Blizzard launcher but when I hold X a keyboard pops up. The same occurs when I hold Left joystick while playing Cyberpunk 2077 on the GOG launcher. How do I fix this issue? I have no problems when I use the controller to play on Steam....
  7. Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge"

in Browsers and Email
    Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge": I have Microsoft Edge and I do use it. However my default browser is Firefox. Every day when I first open Firefox I get a popup saying "Get the new Microsoft Edge". A common suggested solution is to turn off 'get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows'; however, this...
  8. Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge"

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge": I have Microsoft Edge and I do use it. However my default browser is Firefox. Every day when I first open Firefox I get a popup saying "Get the new Microsoft Edge". A common suggested solution is to turn off 'get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows'; however, this...
  9. How to prevent popup "Threats found" from Defender? Partial (!) disabl

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent popup "Threats found" from Defender? Partial (!) disabl: Sometimes when I copy large directory trees a popup from Windows Defender appears in the lower right corner telling me: Virus & threat protection Threats found Windows Defender Antivirus found treats. Get Details A bell rings and the copy operation of this file is aborted....
  10. How to prevent e.g. "Delayed Write Failed" popup dialogs.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent e.g. "Delayed Write Failed" popup dialogs.: Hi Is it posible to prevent Application Popups like the "Delayed Write Failed" popup (have been seen when writing to USB disk with write cache enabled). Is it posible to prevent the popup and only log the error in Windows Event Log? Regards...