Windows 10: Problem Changing Back to a Microsoft Account

Discus and support Problem Changing Back to a Microsoft Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; A few months ago I changed to signing in with a local account on my PC, now I want to go back to using my Microsoft account. I fill in my email, then... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Zensurfer, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Zensurfer Win User

Problem Changing Back to a Microsoft Account

A few months ago I changed to signing in with a local account on my PC, now I want to go back to using my Microsoft account. I fill in my email, then my password, then it asks for the password again, and when I put it in it says the password is invalid. If it was valid the first time why is it not valid the second time. I even reset my password in an effort to get it to accept the password the second time. Any useful suggestions?

:)

Zensurfer, Jan 9, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem Changing Back to a Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Problem Changing Microsoft

2. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.: Hello, I just set up Windows 10 on my new laptop, but when I finished the set up and started to use it in the settings my account was labelled as a Lokal account. When I click on login I only get a error message that there was a problem with nothing else. It’s seems like the...
  3. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.: Hello, I just set up Windows 10 on my new laptop, but when I finished the set up and started to use it in the settings my account was labelled as a Lokal account. When I click on login I only get a error message that there was a problem with nothing else. It’s seems like the...
  4. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft account hacked and email changed an no way of changing it back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked and email changed an no way of changing it back.: Back in October of 2022, during the microsoft info breach my account was hacked and my email was changed. I have done the recovery form and was able to confirm that I own the account, but every time i go to change the password it says the account does not exist. I cannot get...
  6. Problems with changing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with changing Microsoft account: I have a problem with a laptop Acer Aspire 5 A515-54G-50JW. There is an old Microsoft account the previous one that I cannot change. If I open a file in Word, for example, the icon in the right upper corner shows the right new account. But If I go Start menu-Settings-Account,...
  7. Problems with changing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with changing Microsoft account: I have a problem with a laptop Acer Aspire 5 A515-54G-50JW. There is an old Microsoft account the previous one that I cannot change. If I open a file in Word, for example, the icon in the right upper corner shows the right new account. But If I go Start menu-Settings-Account,...
  8. Problems with changing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. "Microsoft account problem" keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Microsoft account problem" keeps coming back: I am repeatedly receiving a "Microsoft account problem" message. This appears as a notification in Windows 10 on my desktop computer which, when clicked on, takes me to the "Shared experiences" settings page. Each time it appears I click "Fix now", enter my Microsoft account...
  10. Back to Microsoft account problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Back to Microsoft account problem: Hello, I tried to search here and the thread closest to my problem was more then 6 months old, and it doesn't solve my problem. I've made a local account(instead of guest account-idiot I know) so my nephew could play some games while I'm not at home. Now I tried to revert...