Windows 10: Problem with Facebook app on Windows 10

Discus and support Problem with Facebook app on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Installation of Facebook app was interrupted by accident. It now lets me log in (Facebook notices the login action) but doesn't display my info. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by efFemeer, Aug 11, 2015.

1. efFemeer Win User

Problem with Facebook app on Windows 10

Installation of Facebook app was interrupted by accident. It now lets me log in (Facebook notices the login action) but doesn't display my info. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, reregistered, sfc /scannow, but nothing helps.

The app works properly on another account on this PC.

Problem with Facebook app on Windows 10 [​IMG]

I presume some info remains after uninstall (in my user profile, cache, database, registry ???) Does anyone kown a way to completely uninstall?

:)

efFemeer, Aug 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Facebook app crashing

My Facebook App is opening and closing automatically in 10 seconds in Windows 10

The problem lies with the Windows App and started today after I installed the Facebook update.

I have not got the App to work but found that I could login to my Facebook Homepage with no problem through the facebook.com website and not using the App at all.

I hope that somebody at Microsoft will sort out what appears to be a recurring problem with this App over many years and different devices.

GarinasRogers, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Hushify Win User

Why not use Facebook's main website?

Hushify, Aug 11, 2015
  5. efFemeer Win User
    Indeed Hushify, why are people buillding apps if allmost everything can be done on main websites ...?

Nevertheless, I just can't stand malfunctioning apps ...

efFemeer, Aug 12, 2015
  6. efFemeer Win User
    efFemeer, Aug 12, 2015
  7. efFemeer Win User

I noticed that the Facebook databases which should be located at: C:\Users\<PROFILENAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Facebook.Facebook_8xx8rvfyw5nnt\LocalState\<FACEBOOK ID>\DB
    are actually present in the account with the working version of the app but are missing in the defective account.

Still haven't found why this happens!

efFemeer, Aug 13, 2015
  8. Quite. Apps like this are meant for phones, even crazy to use on tablets.

nigelmercier, Aug 14, 2015
  9. WCamicase Win User
    I have the same exact problem and it's really annoying!

And Hushify, I want the app 'cause you can synch the photos with the log in screen LOL

WCamicase, Aug 14, 2015
  10. efFemeer Win User
    I'm having problems with the Facebook app. Being busy debugging for more than a week, I ran into the following.
    I have 2 accounts on this PC, one where the FB app works well, the other not.

The first account shows lots of web credentials, the second one very few. Any idea what could be wrong with the credential management in the second case? And how to repair this?

efFemeer, Aug 17, 2015
  11. efFemeer Win User
    Now using Build 10547 and set up a fresh user account. No more problems.

efFemeer, Sep 19, 2015
  12. Problem with Facebook app on Windows 10

Often a simple reinstall of the app fixes it. Or a new account lol!

DustSailor, Sep 19, 2015
  13. chideock Win User
    Sorry saw his is a solved post will start a new one

chideock, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with Facebook app on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem Facebook app

2. Facebook login app and browsers problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Facebook login app and browsers problem: My windows 10 computers had no issues login into Facebook while in the USA. I moved to Asia and my laptop wouldn't log in with the message "Access Denied You are not allowed to access this page at this time." when it load the FB page with VPN.With no VPN: "The password you...
  3. Windows 10- facebook messenger app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10- facebook messenger app: Hi, hope someone can help me. I have been recently trying to use the messenger app on my laptop to make video calls. However its keeps saying I must allow access to my camera and my microphone. However I have already gone into my settings and allowed access. There is nothing...
  4. Facebook app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Facebook app on Windows 10: hello, I looked for Facebook app on Microsoft App store. They only have the Messenger App. I hesitate to download from 3rd party. please advise. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-app-on-windows-10/876b76bf-1ab2-4105-971e-b30729b0eceb
  5. Facebook App for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook App for Windows 10: when I click on the Facebook App shortcut on my desktop I get the message "App No Longer Available - The Facebook app for Windows is no longer available. Please go to www.facebook.com in your browser." When I do that Facebook opens in my Microsoft Edge browser. Is Facebook...
  6. Windows 10 Facebook App

Windows 10 Facebook App: Hi, Windows 10 Facebook App was working fine. It suddenly stopped working, below Error message from Event Viewer. Faulting application name: WinUAPEntry.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c70abde Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.356, time...
  7. Windows Facebook app

Windows Facebook app: Recently got a new laptop with Windows 10 in Safe Mode installed. I installed the Windows FB app and am having some problems. 1. When there is an abundance of comments and some are hidden with the message "see # more comments". I cannot open these comments 2. Emojis are...
  8. Windows 10 Facebook Messenger App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Facebook Messenger App: I tried logging into the Facebook Messenger app today on my laptop and I keep getting the incorrect password message, even though I have reset my password multiple times already. The app was working fine on my desktop before this issue happened, and now I log on to the app on...
  9. Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps

Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps: Hi All Just touching base on Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps. They still aren't working on my end. Even after the latest update. Which was Sat 15/10/ 2016. Any suggestions & ideas, would be appreciated. Thankyou. Cheers & Good Day....... *Smile *Smile *Smile...
  10. problems with facebook app update

problems with facebook app update: Anyone having issues with the facebook app update, checked this morning and app update is offered in store. It downloads, and completes but the update keeps getting offered again, over and over. Downloads, completes each time fine. Weird behaviour. Launching the app and it...