Windows 10: Problem with logging into Microsoft Account

Discus and support Problem with logging into Microsoft Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some time, I have problem with Microsoft Account - I can log-in to Windows, but it complain frequently about 'need to fix account'. When I click on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Piotr Karocki, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Problem with logging into Microsoft Account

For some time, I have problem with Microsoft Account - I can log-in to Windows, but it complain frequently about 'need to fix account'. When I click on fix account, some window flashes three times, and nothing happens. So, I cannot use EdgeDev syncing, I cannot use Mail, I cannot use Feedback Hub (I cannot login to it), I cannot use OneNote.
    But Outlook works correctly, OneDrive works correctly...

I created two local accounts, one with admin rights and second only as a user. Restarted PC.

Now, from user account, I can "log in with Microsoft Account instead", but I lost all my customization, brand new account. I don't like it.

From new admin account, I have access to all my customization (and e.g. Outlook email, over 8 GB from GMail), but I cannot log-in in Edge etc. Seems like new admin account is almost same as previously used account, only difference: on log-in page, it displays local name and not MSA name.

I have no problems with Outlook.com login, I have no problems with logging to https://account.microsoft.com...

Maybe problems started when I created Azure account, different than my MSA account.

:)

Piotr Karocki, Nov 29, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Problems logging in to account

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with logging in to Microsoft Account. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the complete error message you get while logging in to Microsoft Account?

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Microsoft Account Settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to sign in to your Microsoft Account directly and check if you face any issues.

How do I sign in to my Microsoft account?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/sign-in-how

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help you to identify and fix some problems with the
    Microsoft Account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sign-in-cant

Note: Try the steps which you have not tried before.

To resolve the issue related to Microsoft Office 2016, I suggest you to post the query in Microsoft Office 2016 forums.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 29, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Problem with logging into Microsoft Account

Account problem

Aslam,

Yes, the procedure is complex but I split it into individual steps that, I believe, can be followed by anybody.

Booting into Safe mode is explained in section 3. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Getting into the built-in Administrator account is explained in section 4. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Any local account and any MSAccount can be made a "Standard" account or an Admin account. You need to be logged in to an Admin account in order to raise a Standard account to Admin status.
    - Once you are logged in to one of the Admin accounts that I suggest that you create, you can go to Settings, Accounts, Family & other users so that you can select the account you want to raise then click on the Change account type button that appears.
    - Be wary of promoting then relying upon the current problem account because its user profile might be damaged. I cannot say that it is definitely damaged but only that something has gone wrong.

Denis

Thema:

Problem with logging into Microsoft Account

1. Problem with logging into Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Problem logging Microsoft

2. Logging in with a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in with a microsoft account: Bought a new Dell computer with Windows 11 installed. It asked me to log in with an email account tied to a microsoft account. I entered an email address not linked to a microsoft account and now I can't log in without getting a code from microsoft. I need to remove the error...
  3. Logging in with a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging in with a microsoft account: Bought a new Dell computer with Windows 11 installed. It asked me to log in with an email account tied to a microsoft account. I entered an email address not linked to a microsoft account and now I can't log in without getting a code from microsoft. I need to remove the error...
  4. Microsoft account log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account log in: Yesterday Dell had to replace the motherboard on one of my computers.On restarting the machine I was asked to reset the PIN. This involved Microsoft emailing me a verification code.Despite a message saying they had sent an email I have received nothing. I have tried this...
  5. Microsoft account log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account log in: Yesterday Dell had to replace the motherboard on one of my computers.On restarting the machine I was asked to reset the PIN. This involved Microsoft emailing me a verification code.Despite a message saying they had sent an email I have received nothing. I have tried this...
  6. Logging into Microsoft Account

Logging into Microsoft Account: Went to log into my account, and it has Pick an account! I only have ONE account. There is an odd extra account that is not mine. It is NOT attached to my Outlook account. How do I delete this account from my Microsoft?...
  7. Problem with logging in to Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problem with logging in to Microsoft Account: For some reason windows is now asking for me to login to my MS account? and it's asking for a very old email address which I changed years ago when I left my old provider to my current one, How can I change login to my account using my current email address? Thanks 176278
  8. Log in to Microsoft Account?

Log in to Microsoft Account?: I reset my password. I went through the stages and ended at - Sign into this computer using your Microsoft Account. We'll need your current Windows password one last time. I don't know my current password. The new password is not the one I need or Microsoft hasn't updated...
  9. logging in to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    logging in to Microsoft account: My desktop has requested me to log in to my Microsoft account - I get a Your Account or password is incorrect message. I can login on my laptop - but the same user name and password does not work on the desktop. If I run reset the password on the desktop machine it tells me I...
  10. Serious problems log in with microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Serious problems log in with microsoft account: Hi, I have tried everything to log in. Let me explain: I know my PIN and my password. However, the system does not recognise them and it says that "there is an error with my PIN and it is not available". When I press to configure my PIN, the system restarts. When I have...