Windows 10: Problems downloading ANYTHING from Microsoft store & Windows not updating - Error code:...

Discus and support Problems downloading ANYTHING from Microsoft store & Windows not updating - Error code:... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi there. Today I tried installing a game from the Microsoft store and it refused to install. When I clicked the install button, it would allow me to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Benny.r, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Benny.r Win User

Problems downloading ANYTHING from Microsoft store & Windows not updating - Error code:...

Hi there. Today I tried installing a game from the Microsoft store and it refused to install. When I clicked the install button, it would allow me to choose which drive I wanted to install the game on, but from there the install button would disappear and the game would simply not install, in fact, if I refreshed the page, it would give me the option to install AGAIN.

I've done a bit of research already, from resetting the cache, to uninstalling through command prompt and logging out then logging back in This actually did have an effect, where the game would move the the phase of 'Starting Download...' but again would not download at all - I made sure of this by leaving the PC on overnight in the hopes of it installing

I then noticed that this is not specific to the game I'm trying to download Sea of Thieves but this happens with everything on the store, I cannot install anything. Not games, not entertainment apps like netflix, or music platforms like soundcloud. The weirdest thing to me about all of this is though, that any apps I have installed previous to this problem, like twitter, spotify and skype still work completely fine, with no issues at all.

After following some instructions from forums, on the Microsoft help pages, tech forums I am still not able to install anything, and have also come to realise that my computer will not update either.

When I go to update & security my pc recognises that it needs to update as it tell me in red wording "Your pc is missing important security and quality fixes" yet when I check for updates, after waiting a good 10-15 minutes I receive this error code: 0x80080005

My computer has 150gb of free storage on the C drive and over 1600tb on the D drive, so I cannot imagine it being a storage problem. I have again followed countless instructions and techniques on tech help forums and the microsoft help forums too but it has bore no fruit

If anyone could please help me solve this issue or point me in a direction to where I can speak to someone at microsoft tech support on the phone, that would be much appreciated. I would really like to have this issue fixed! Thank you

:)

Benny.r, Apr 7, 2020

2. Microsoft Store not working error Code: 0x80131500

Hi
    Thanks for suggestions
    I had tried all except re registering MSoft Store , but that unfortunately did not work .

Very intermittently use SurfEasy VPN, but last time used pre dated this build & problem by some time.

Have built pc systems /rebuilt windows op system literally100's times over 25 years for myself and others, and troubleshooted most known problems but this looks like a reinstall.
    Not listed in Microsoft web notice as ongoing issue involving current build.

Only had Store problem once before since it was introduced years ago, and that was easily resolved !

Tweakfiend, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Rich M Win User
    Microsoft Store failing to update or download

I'm having trouble with Microsoft Store. When I'm trying to update my apps, I get a failed error (0x80070015) and no update. I've come across the following article (Windows store error code 0x80070015) which seems to do no good. Short of re-installing Windows, does anyone have any experience or suggestions to remedy this problem?

This is on Windows 10 1803

Thanks in advance.

Rich M, Apr 7, 2020
  4. JousteR Win User

Problems downloading ANYTHING from Microsoft store & Windows not updating - Error code:...

WTF! Vista update error code 80070002

I just did this couple of days ago worked fine for me..*Smile Problems downloading ANYTHING from Microsoft store & Windows not updating - Error code:... :)

JousteR, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems downloading ANYTHING from Microsoft store & Windows not updating - Error code:... - Similar Threads - Problems downloading ANYTHING

2. Unable to download or update anything from Microsoft Store!! Error: 0x80072xF78

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download or update anything from Microsoft Store!! Error: 0x80072xF78: Hello, I logged onto my computer today to play some video games with my friends, upon attempting to launch the game, I found that there been an error updating one of my games, I tried installing other apps from the store, and they all have the same error, code: 0x80072xF78....
  3. Unable to download or update anything from Microsoft Store!! Error: 0x80072xF78

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download or update anything from Microsoft Store!! Error: 0x80072xF78: Hello, I logged onto my computer today to play some video games with my friends, upon attempting to launch the game, I found that there been an error updating one of my games, I tried installing other apps from the store, and they all have the same error, code: 0x80072xF78....
  4. I can't download anything from the Microsoft Store Code: 0x80072F8F

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download anything from the Microsoft Store Code: 0x80072F8F: Although my internet works perfectly fine and every website opens with no problem. I have issues with the Microsoft Store, Steam and Epic Games. The issues started after I formatted my computer. Steam and Epic Games just won't open. Microsoft Store although it opens won't...
  5. I can't download anything from the Microsoft Store Code: 0x80072F8F

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything from the Microsoft Store Code: 0x80072F8F: Although my internet works perfectly fine and every website opens with no problem. I have issues with the Microsoft Store, Steam and Epic Games. The issues started after I formatted my computer. Steam and Epic Games just won't open. Microsoft Store although it opens won't...
  6. I can't download anything from the Microsoft Store Code: 0x80072F8F

7. Microsoft Store won't download anything, error code 0x80073CFE

Microsoft Store won't download anything, error code 0x80073CFE: Hi all, I have an issue where the windows store won't download or update anything and is providing the error 0x80073CFE. I have tried: Resetting the computer Updating the computer Updating all of the drivers for the graphics card, motherboard ect Resetting the cache for...
  8. Cannot download anything from microsoft store Error code 0x80070005

Cannot download anything from microsoft store Error code 0x80070005: Hi, for some reason, whenever I try to download an app from the Microsoft store, I get an error after 5 seconds with the aforementioned error code. I'm basically having the exact same problem as stated in this post:...
  9. Code: 0x87E10BCF when downloading anything from the Microsoft store.

Code: 0x87E10BCF when downloading anything from the Microsoft store.: When i try to install anything from the windows store on my machine i get this error, free app or paid i cant get past this error. it says "authenticating" for a second or two, and then provides me with the error "Code: 0x87E10BCF" I have tried everything google has given me...
  10. I can't download anything from Microsoft Store error code 0x87AF000B

I can't download anything from Microsoft Store error code 0x87AF000B: I tried to reset the Microsoft Store but I cant find it in settings. Is there anyway to re-install the store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-anything-from-microsoft-store/f6958082-132b-4f63-aca3-6eac603a2ea2"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 0x87af000b windows store