Windows 10: Problems with .net installation

Discus and support Problems with .net installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to fix a computer that is no longer running games as it is looking for the .net 4.5 or greater framework to be installed already.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by calbubs, Dec 22, 2019.

1. calbubs Win User

Problems with .net installation

Hello,

I am trying to fix a computer that is no longer running games as it is looking for the .net 4.5 or greater framework to be installed already. I looked to see what was installed via the registry and found that the system doesn't have any record of any .net framework being installed.

Problems with .net installation 950ab04f-4561-4f09-8bf3-44080ae9cb58?upload=true.png

I downloaded an offline copy of the 4.8 framework and tried to install, but that just said that the 4.8 or greater has already been installed.

Problems with .net installation 67f84437-6546-4c9a-9b55-8ad9b6619e01?upload=true.png

the option to turn it on/off also doesn't exist. Turning on the .net exensibility or the asp.net 4.8 doesn't leave them installed.
    Problems with .net installation 835cb332-676b-4543-bd0b-1a83a6df2e14?upload=true.png

I am unable to move onto gaming until i get this resolved too. Every time I try to start a game it asks if I want to install a framework and fails. All the other answers online keep asking to see the registry but that never worked for me because the folder is just empty.

What other options can I take to fix this?

:)

calbubs, Dec 22, 2019

2. .NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800736B3

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check whether the .NET Framework 3.5 has been installed or not.

• Press Windows+X and then select programs and features.
    • On the left hand side click on the option “turn windows features on or off”.
    • Check whether the “.NET Framework 3.5” has been checked or not.
    • If not check then I suggest you to check it and then install it.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 22, 2019
  3. .net framework 3.5 sp1 not installing

All right.. this is the funny a$$ part.. So.. TRT, I did what you said.. then did something I should of did WAY before starting this.. Reg cleaner.. lol..

So.. my steps..

• Uninstall everything to which it's just .net framework 2.0
    • Restart
    • Install 3.5 sp1 via *Stick Out Tongue Problems with .net installation :program and Features: Turn off....
    • Restart
    • Reg clean threw CCleaner 4 times, every time had a issue.
    • Verify that all .net up to 3.5 sp1 was installed and been verified to be working
    • went to website
    • saw a action to "run test" to see if system is compatible.
    • Allowed Firewall/ windows defender to run said program (says it's a low grade trojan
    • Went to issued program and opened..
    • Worked..

lol... oh, how stupid I was.. I all ways run reg cleaner on new os's... My mind is losing myself... *Roll :roll:

Cold Storm, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Problems with .net installation

NET Framework 3.5 problems installing

Try these one at a time, then see if .NET installs. If one helps, you don't have to do the rest.

1. Run the built-in Windows Update Troubleshooter in Control panel
      Press advanced, run as administrator

2. Run the Windows Update diagnostic tool
      http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...nostic.diagcab

3. Reset Windows Update

4. Manual repair Windows Update and compnonent services
      1. Stop the Windows Update service
        Open Services
        sort by the names column (reverse order - might take two clicks on the column heading)
        Right click Windows Update service, select Stop
      2. Clean up the temp Windows Update files in the SoftwareDistribution folder
        Navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
        Delete all files and folders in the DataStore folder
        Note: Windows Update history also gets reset. To see Windows Updates, look in Installed Updates.

Navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
        Delete all files in the Download folder
      3. Start the Windows Update service
        Open Services
        sort by the names column (reverse order - might take two clicks on the column heading)
        Right click Windows Update service, select Start
      4. DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
        Option One: To Run "DISM /Cleanup-Image" Tool in Command Prompt
        Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
        OR
        Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command

Slartybart, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Problems with .net installation

1. Problems with .net installation - Similar Threads - Problems net installation

2. .NET Framework installation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .NET Framework installation problem: This error message always appears on my screen when I turn on my PC:"This application requires one of the following versions of .NET Framework"But whenever I install the required version of .NET Framework, it shows:".NET framework 4.8 or a later update is already installed on...
  3. .NET Framework installation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework installation problem: This error message always appears on my screen when I turn on my PC:"This application requires one of the following versions of .NET Framework"But whenever I install the required version of .NET Framework, it shows:".NET framework 4.8 or a later update is already installed on...
  4. .NET Framework installation problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. .NET Framework installation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. .NET Framework installation problem

7. .NET Framework installation problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Problem with installing Net Framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with installing Net Framework 3.5: I have Windows 10 2004 and I can't install Net framework 3.5. During installation, I get the message the parameter is incorrect.Error code: 0x80070057. Already tried command with admin rights and sfc and dism and turn windows functions on and off and activated administrator...
  9. .Net Framework Installation problem

.Net Framework Installation problem: C:\Windows\system32>Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /Source:F:\sources\sxs /all /LimitAccess Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Enabling feature(s)...
  10. NET Framework 3.5 problems installing

NET Framework 3.5 problems installing: Hello, I know this has been asked many times but I have been unsuccessful trying all that has been suggested before. When I attempt to install it through turn Windows features on or off it begins to download but then I get an error code 0x80070002. I have tried running...