Windows 10: Question about licenses and Microsoft accounts

Discus and support Question about licenses and Microsoft accounts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If my system says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", will it still reactivate if I reinstall without the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/andrew_982_, May 6, 2020.

1. Question about licenses and Microsoft accounts

If my system says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", will it still reactivate if I reinstall without the MS account?

submitted by /u/andrew_982_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/andrew_982_, May 6, 2020

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Question about licenses and Microsoft accounts [​IMG]

MCardona81, May 6, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 6, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Question about licenses and Microsoft accounts

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

Kari, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Question about licenses and Microsoft accounts

1. Question about licenses and Microsoft accounts - Similar Threads - Question licenses Microsoft

2. A question about licenses

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A question about licenses: Well I do often format my pc when needed ( long time no clean for example ) or when i change a core Pc component like motherboard or CPU. This time i haven't formatted my pc but changed motherboard and cpu and seems that suddenly that i do not own a windows license because...
  3. A question about microsoft account linked windows license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about microsoft account linked windows license: Hello! I want to install Windows 8.1 on my old laptop but will it use the license from my MS account when i log in? Thanks for the response....
  4. A question about microsoft account linked windows license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about microsoft account linked windows license: Hello! I want to install Windows 8.1 on my old laptop but will it use the license from my MS account when i log in? Thanks for the response....
  5. question about my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    question about my microsoft account: Hi,so I am planning to change the email address for my microsoft account, so i added a new alias and am planning to make it the primary email address and remove the old one, will doing that delete my microsoft store purchases? because i bought minecraft for windows 10 on that...
  6. Question About Microsoft Account

Question About Microsoft Account: hi, what happens if i remove my account microsoft on windows 10 settings , didn't loss any my data ? or just removed on my device laptop?or on website microsoft ?[ATTACH]thanks if supporter helps me my question![ATTACH]...
  7. Some questions about Licensing of Microsoft products

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some questions about Licensing of Microsoft products: 1. What service in Windows Server need Client Access LicenseCAL? 1.1. For example, if a company setup 2 Windows ServerWinSvr to be domain controller, and there are 10 users and 15 PCs in this domain. How many CAL is needed? 1.2. If a company use IIS on WinSvr to build a...
  8. Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account: Greetings, I hope everyone is well. I have a 2 part question and problem I originally purchased a new computer 2 years ago with windows 7 around the time I purchased windows 7 microsoft was offering a free update to windows 10, which I took advantage of and upgraded....
  9. Question about Microsoft account security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Microsoft account security: Hey guys. So I logged into my MS account randomly to check my recent activity. A bit of paranoia since a few months ago I had some dude trying to hack literally every account I own under the sun. (Seriously. Even useless crap like my Spotify or Town of Salem accounts) So...
  10. Question about Microsoft Accounts

Question about Microsoft Accounts: The issue : The Taskbar crashes everyday when the Windoes Shell Experience Host stops working I have tried ALL you can imagine to fix this, even Microsoft tried to fix it and then they replaced my Surface Book 2 because they couldnt make it stop crashing. Nothing worked, I...