Windows 10: Question about OneDrive access from two computers

Discus and support Question about OneDrive access from two computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I looked through the Tutorials and could not find this question/setup.... I moved a bunch of files/folders to One Drive from my computer "A". They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CountryBumkin, May 13, 2019.

1. Question about OneDrive access from two computers

I looked through the Tutorials and could not find this question/setup....

I moved a bunch of files/folders to One Drive from my computer "A". They show up in the windows File Explorer and are easy to access. I want to be able to access these same files/folders from Computer "B".

One Computer B, when I look at the One Drive folders via File Explorer I can see one folder that is the same on Computer A and B, but then there are two folders that are on One Drive but not see by Computer A.

So I can created a link to One Drive to access these files/folders (and then access through Internet explorer browser.

But I want to access theses files from the File Explorer too.
    I am the administrator on both computers and use the login password.

Is there a way to have both computers access and share these One Drive files from the File Explorer view? I would like computer A and B to have the same files/folders and access.

:)

CountryBumkin, May 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 13, 2019
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, May 13, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Question about OneDrive access from two computers

No onedrive

Hello Francis, Question about OneDrive access from two computers :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Question about OneDrive access from two computers

1. Question about OneDrive access from two computers - Similar Threads - Question OneDrive access

2. Using OneDrive from two different computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using OneDrive from two different computers: I have OneDrive on two different computers, a Windows laptop and an iMac. Until recently I was able to do as I want, ie to update any files in the account on either computer, create and delete files from either computer, without restriction. Recently OneDrive began to...
  3. Using OneDrive from two different computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using OneDrive from two different computers: I have OneDrive on two different computers, a Windows laptop and an iMac. Until recently I was able to do as I want, ie to update any files in the account on either computer, create and delete files from either computer, without restriction. Recently OneDrive began to...
  4. Using OneDrive from two different computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive on two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive on two computers: Two computers with Windows 10. I have One Drive up and running. On one computer One Drive and all files are accessible via Windows File Explorer on computer 1On the computer 2, the icon on the task bar says not signed in. In Windows Explorer files are not accessible. However...
  6. OneDrive on two computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive on two computers.: Hi, I have a desktop computer and a laptop computer. I assume they use OneDrive is doing it's best, but it's not working for me. Let me explain ... I have quite a few icons on my desktop computer that I don't want on my laptop. If I try and use the icons on the laptop...
  7. Question about onedrive versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about onedrive versions: I recently reinstalled windows and I was having a issue with onedrivesetup being stuck in my startup list so I reinstalled it from that exe already on the pc and the onedrive logo changed into a multicolored blue cloud from solid blue logo. The store says however I don't...
  8. Question about One Drive access from two computers

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about One Drive access from two computers: I looked through the Tutorials and could not find this question/setup.... I moved a bunch of files/folders to One Drive from my computer "A". They show up in the windows File Explorer and are easy to access. I want to be able to access these same files/folders from Computer...
  9. Question about a file in two places... or not.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about a file in two places... or not.: I've always assumed that any Windows file can be in two folder locations at the same time using the same file name, but I just noticed something strange and wonder what's going on. If I send an email message using my Windows Live Mail client and attached a Word .doc file,...
  10. Two OneDrive accounts question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Two OneDrive accounts question: In a small office we are in the process of renewing the main PC and have a query about OneDrive account. I did not realise that the older pc which is running Windows7 had a OneDrive folder and has Office Home and Student installed, the ISP IMAP email account is used to sign...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. question about onedrive