Windows 10: Question about onedrive versions

Discus and support Question about onedrive versions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled windows and I was having a issue with onedrivesetup being stuck in my startup list so I reinstalled it from that exe already on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Karizma, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Karizma Win User

Question about onedrive versions

I recently reinstalled windows and I was having a issue with onedrivesetup being stuck in my startup list so I reinstalled it from that exe already on the pc and the onedrive logo changed into a multicolored blue cloud from solid blue logo.

The store says however I don't have onedrive installed, is there a difference between the onedrive on the store and the one that comes preinstalled? Should I have installed onedrive from the store instead of the onedrivesetup.exe already on my pc ?

:)

Karizma, Jun 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    No onedrive

Hello Francis, Question about onedrive versions :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Question about onedrive versions - Similar Threads - Question onedrive versions

2. Question about upgrading to version 23H2 from 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about upgrading to version 23H2 from 22H2: I heard that Windows 11 version 23H2 will just be an enablement package, does this also mean that version 23H2 can be offered for unsupported devices?Note : I'm running Windows 11 version 22H2 on an unsupported PC...
  3. Question about Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows 10 version 1903: My computer was having troubles starting up it took 1 min 37 seconds to get to the login screen, and it had trouble shutting down it would restart unless I disabled fast startup option. It also wouldn't sleep if I choose sleep. It would wake up once in a while, and go back to...
  4. Question about Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows 10 version 1903: My computer was having troubles starting up it took 1 min 37 seconds to get to the login screen, and it had trouble shutting down it would restart unless I disabled fast startup option. It also wouldn't sleep if I choose sleep. It would wake up once in a while, and go back to...
  5. Question about Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Question about updating windows 10 version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about updating windows 10 version.: What happens if I update my windows 10 to the latest version? Is it equivalent to a fresh windows 10 installation? (But files will not be deleted). The reason I'm asking is because I've been having this "Class not registered" error when opening literally any apps on my...
  7. Question about OneDrive access from two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about OneDrive access from two computers: I looked through the Tutorials and could not find this question/setup.... I moved a bunch of files/folders to One Drive from my computer "A". They show up in the windows File Explorer and are easy to access. I want to be able to access these same files/folders from Computer...
  8. Question about Onedrive deleting files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about Onedrive deleting files?: I have a folder of work files that I just copy to Onedrive so I can access them from my other PC’s. When I update that folder I just want to delete it from Onedrive and recopy the entire folder. When I delete that folder will Onedrive try to delete the folder or files on my...
  9. Question About Feature Update Version 1709

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question About Feature Update Version 1709: I just noticed there's an update waiting for me to put in a time for it to be installed. It's the Feature Update Version 1709 for Windows 10. Is this a mandatory update, do I need it for security? I do very simple things on my computer and don't necessarily want anything...
  10. question about Edge browser version

in Windows 10 Support
    question about Edge browser version: Hi *Smile I have Windows 10 Pro for my laptop and found today that the version of my Edge browser is different with my friend's. Edge on my laptop is 20.10240.16384.0 and my friend's is 25.10586.0.0. Both computers are running up to date Windows 10 Pro and both were...