Windows 10: Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates

Discus and support Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, Recently from three days ago, ,my HP laptop freezes suddenly and I can't do anything except pushing down the power button until the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Omidz 10, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Omidz 10 Win User

Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates

Hi guys,

Recently from three days ago, ,my HP laptop freezes suddenly and I can't do anything except pushing down the power button until the power goes away and it turns off. When it freezes the mouse doesn't move and none of the keys on keyboard works. The strange thing is that if music is being played it continues playing when the system froze. Sorry I don't have BSOD but one of the members suggested that I report my issue here. Here is the log of my system. I hope someone helps me to find out the cause of this problem.

:)

Omidz 10, Jan 10, 2018

2. Cortana is suddenly freezing after update 1709

After I Updated to my lastest windows 10 update 1709 ... I noticed that:

1- Cortana is freezing when typing in the search .

2- HDMI is not compatible with my HD Tv anymore

please help ... !

MohammadZein, Jan 10, 2018
  3. Stathis- Win User
    Windows 10 latest cpu update freeze

After installing Windows 10 update with cpu patch my pc random freezes ..... i cant unistall it because its not listed on removable updates , it exist only in update history

Stathis-, Jan 10, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Omidz 10,

I'd like to start with testing the drivers, but before we can start with it, I need you to configure a pagefile on your Windows partition.
    Configure the pagefile so that Windows manages it.
    Manage Virtual Memory Pagefile in Windows 10 Virtualization Tutorials

With the current configuration, if a driver has an issue and it is found, your system will likely crash but no useful information can be recorded since the pagefile is missing.

If you have configured the pagefile, please follow below instructions.

Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

5. rleal Win User
    I have the same issue on my desktop. Ever since I did the Creators Update my PC randomly freezes at random times leaving me with the only option to force restart the system. I am unable to shutdown, the keyboard nor mouse works.

At first I thought it was just a bad OS install so I did a clean install of Windows 10 and the problem persists. The problem is so random that you never know when it will freeze, it just simply freezes. What is annoying about this issue is that it is not a BSOD and there is no recorded event that could possibly link to the culprit.

Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening and how to fix it?

rleal, Jan 12, 2018
  6. axe0 New Member
    Follow the BSOD posting instruction and create a separate thread

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Random freezes lastest

2. Random Freezes after Windows Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Freezes after Windows Cumulative Update: I'm getting random freezes in my PC after the cumulative updates. I ran driver verifier and it crashes before start windows, with "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION" statement. I'll attach the dmp file result, and I need help to find out which driver is causing the issue....
  3. Lastest Windows Update Failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lastest Windows Update Failures: On 3/12/2020 my desktop computer Acer Z3-715 AIO, fully up to date on Win10 including updates from 3/10/2020 updated itself with a some sort of update that caused an infinite BSOD loop. I tried every possible resolution suggested by the BSOD options given, yet none worked....
  4. Lastest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lastest windows 10 update: I've tried to install the latest version of Windows 10 twice and it's (hopefully) not installing correctly. If it is correct, it's terrible for me and I don't want it. How do I skip this download? E. Copping...
  5. PC won't boot after lastest Windows 10 update

PC won't boot after lastest Windows 10 update: Hi, Since I updated Windows 10 a few days ago my computer won't boot. It displays the Lenovo logo screen, but doesn't go any further. It doesn't load any Windows screen for me to attempt recovery environment. I don't know how to recover it. Can you help? Thanks...
  6. after windows 10 update, experiencing random computer freezes.

after windows 10 update, experiencing random computer freezes.: I have a custom build computer with an AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4.00 GHz, and a GTX 970. I have never had an issue with my computer randomly freezing when I had windows 8 or 8.1. But as soon as i updated to windows 10 I have been experiencing random freezes,...
  7. Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates: I am getting all sorts of freezes requiring restore of system to previous versions but, after some time, the system starts freezing again. I have tried all the "tips" which do not work - increasing page file, sfc/scannow, etc. to no avail. today morning I got following errors...
  8. Lastest Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lastest Windows 10 Updates: The last (2) two updates has changed my screen resolution "display", the setting shows a 1920x1080 but it is stretched vertically and horizontally, cannot see Cortina, lower taskbar and things on left, right and top of screen. Had restored to 10/10/18 update a couple of days...
  9. Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update: Hello. I've been having constant freezing issues with my Windows 10 after the last update. My PC was perfectly fine just before it, but as soon as it installed the issue began: windows started to freeze randomly. Most of the times it happens when I open up a program or an...
  10. Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I apologize if I have posted in the wrong area. I will describe the issue I'm having as best as I can with the limited information I have. So with what seemed to coincide with the Windows 10 Creators Update (though not 100% sure),...