Windows 10: re my original 'pause windows update for 7 days' question

Discus and support re my original 'pause windows update for 7 days' question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; recent windows v. 1909 installation on this PC, 01/13/2010, was performed by H.P. technician. I hope that's who it was! As usual many problems were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klaro 1590, Jan 24, 2020.

1. re my original 'pause windows update for 7 days' question

recent windows v. 1909 installation on this PC, 01/13/2010, was performed by H.P. technician. I hope that's who it was!

As usual many problems were noted immediately after initial installed but I think they were fixed. Only now I note the option to 'pause update for 7 days' is checked although I did not check it. A message appears with the option to continue installation now or select another time. I do not understand a reason for a 'pause' in updates as this setting has always been the automatic update option, or at least to be notified if/when an update is awaiting installation.

I hope I have made my question clear to the reader. Am running HP desktop, Windows 10 v. 1909 64 bt

:)

klaro 1590, Jan 24, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 7 slipstreaming with updates question

i got all the updates for Windows 7 in "Windows Updates Downloader" using the newest list from mydigitallife.info's forum which is dated 13-16-2013, but can i use all does updates in the Danish version of Windows 7 Professional SP1-U 64bit?

bcs i wanna slipstream it with a few drives into it aswell here i am talking about Intel Ethernet and NEC/ReneSAS USB3.0 Drivers.

puma99dk|, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

re my original 'pause windows update for 7 days' question

How to Reverse the 7 day pause

Something's very broken there.

There's conflicting information in your post #7 screenshots. The Windows Update page says updates are paused, but the advanced options page says Pause is turned off - they can't both be right!

Try this tutorial: Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

BTW: I've just restored my test machine's 1703 image to look closer at these settings. Seems that in 1703 it was 7 days for everyone, Insider or not. At least, I see 7 days in 1703, but 35 days when I restore the 1709 image, a system made by upgrading from that 1703 system a while back... odd....

Oh, and the two pages are in agreement in my restored image. Both agreed that Pause was off, then I paused and they agreed that it was on. Turned off pause and they agree that updates are being checked for, and that I can't pause again until I'm up to date (the switch is now greyed out).

Thema:

re my original 'pause windows update for 7 days' question

1. re my original 'pause windows update for 7 days' question - Similar Threads - original 'pause update

2. Pause for 7 days update option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pause for 7 days update option: How do I disable the scheduled update option. I do not require a pause. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pause-for-7-days-update-option/b6c5222c-d483-45e0-af21-8a911e377a87
  3. option: pause update windows update for 7 days'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    option: pause update windows update for 7 days': Since an update from windows 10 v. 1803 to 1909 I note the above option listed in update settings page. Why is a pause necessary? One moment the information on update status shows the updates are all installed yet another moment it shows that updates are on 'pause'. I did...
  4. System updated even though updates paused for 7 days

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System updated even though updates paused for 7 days: I found my system had been rebooted due to a Definition Update, for Windows Defender Antivirus (which I do not even use!), despite the fact that I had updates paused until 1/14/20. So when is an "update not an update? How do I stop all updates? 147747
  5. Pause Updates Not Pausing

Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  6. Pausing Updates In Windows 10 Build 1903 Questions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pausing Updates In Windows 10 Build 1903 Questions?: Hey All, Regarding build 1903 on Windows 10 Home: 1.) How long can Windows Updates be paused on this build? 2.) Will I continue to get Windows Defender Updates if Windows Updates are paused? Jack...
  7. Re-Installation of Original OS

Re-Installation of Original OS: I bought Windows 10 pro original OS and installed in my computer recently I am facing some problems. So that I wanted to re-install the OS. I lost my original CD but I have Product ID 00330-71312-22123-AAOEM. Can I use the same product ID for the re-installation in the same...
  8. Update freezes at 99% which was originally Windows 7

Update freezes at 99% which was originally Windows 7: I have an AcerAspire notebook which was originally Windows 7.It is now Windows 10 version 1709 OS build 16299.522.I have tried 4 times to update with the Windows Update Assistant but each time it froze at 99%. I ran the troubleshooter and it finished with the...
  9. How to Reverse the 7 day pause

How to Reverse the 7 day pause: I enabled the temporary Windows Update 7 day pause yesterday. Now I'm trying to undo it, but it's not working. Still says I'm in the delay. 110575
  10. 30 days / 10 days period re: anniversary update

30 days / 10 days period re: anniversary update: As I understand it, with the new anniversary update after 10 days one will get disk space back relating to Windows.old being deleted automatically (if PC is left idle for a while). i also believe that if a PC upgrades to Windows 10 then the new anniversary update wouldn't...