Windows 10: Recycle Bin in recovery partition filling

Discus and support Recycle Bin in recovery partition filling in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; OK - Here is log file. Any suggestions welcomed! Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by agent99, Jan 6, 2018.

1. agent99 Win User

Recycle Bin in recovery partition filling

OK - Here is log file. Any suggestions welcomed!

agent99, Jan 10, 2018
  2. agent99 Win User

I went through the steps in Windows Update Fix. Still no luck. Don't know what it is doing, but it always seems to be trying to update. But this has been almost a month now since first problems occurred. Prior to that I had Win 10 ever since the free upgrade from Win7 back in 2016. No problem with updates until Dec 2017. Reinstalled and now even worse. Keep going in circles and always end up with the Getting Windows Ready screen.
    This has been very frustrating. This was a Windows 7 machine. I may be able to recover back to Win 7 and try copy files & settings . Must be better than putting up with Win 10 and it's screwed up updated?

agent99, Jan 11, 2018
  3. zbook New Member
    The logs displayed problems with drive corruption.

Perform the following steps:
    1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    5) chkdsk /x /f /r C:
    Run this overnight as it may take many hours.
    6) Use the information in this link to find the chkdsk report in the event viewer. Copy and paste the report > notepad > post a one drive or drop box share link into the thread:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    7) Run HD Sentinel (free or trial edition)
    Post images for:
    a) disk > surface test
    (run this overnight as it may take many hours)
    b) overview tab
    c) temperature tab
    d) SMART tab
    e) disk performance tab

Code: Event[312]: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 2018-01-07T09:01:38.726 Event ID: 55 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: WIN-5IBE84MC9FB Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume F:.The exact nature of the corruption is unknown. The file system structures need to be scanned online.[/quote] Code: Event[399]: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 2018-01-07T09:08:36.578 Event ID: 55 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: WIN-5IBE84MC9FB Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume S3A6748D007.The exact nature of the corruption is unknown. The file system structures need to be scanned online.Event[400]: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 2018-01-07T09:08:36.675 Event ID: 55 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: WIN-5IBE84MC9FB Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume S3A6748D007.A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x5000000000005. The name of the file is "\". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION".Event[401]: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 2018-01-07T09:08:36.676 Event ID: 55 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: WIN-5IBE84MC9FB Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume S3A6748D007.A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x5000000000005. The name of the file is "\". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION".[/quote] Code: Event[311]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2018-01-07T09:01:38.282 Event ID: 98 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: WIN-5IBE84MC9FB Description: Volume F: (\Device\HarddiskVolume5) needs to be taken offline to perform a Full Chkdsk. Please run "CHKDSK /F" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:>" locally or remotely via PowerShell.[/quote] Code: Event[366]: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 2018-01-07T09:06:59.852 Event ID: 132 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: WIN-5IBE84MC9FB Description: Too many repair events have occurred in a short period of time.Temporarily suspending posting of further repair events.[/quote]

zbook, Jan 11, 2018
  4. agent99 Win User

Thanks. Actually the MS Update Fix suggests something similar after first doing a number of other items, none of which helped. They say to run 3) then 2 of your list, so I had started that. DISM has been running for some time so far.

Looks like several days of work to get through everything you suggested, but no guaranty of a fix. It is under way, but I am losing patience!

I do have a spare 256G SSD with me. Thinking it might not take as long to reinstall Win10 on that disk. I would rather install Win7 but I don't have the original Win 7 Key with me (we are away from home). So I would have to save files & settings off existing Win 10 installation and the transfer to SSD installation once done. Not many apps. Open Office, Windows Live Mail, Dropbox desktop. not much else. So trying to come up with best plan for clean install on SSD.

By the way, after several hours, dism still running!

agent99, Jan 11, 2018
  5. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jan 11, 2018
  6. agent99 Win User
    I went ahead with a clean install from downloaded iso to usb thumb drive. So now have new install on clean SSD. Put old drive in usb enclosure and was able to retrieve most of files. Desktop did not contain the user's desktop, but it was in Onedrive. Not sure why, but at least it was there!

Version installed is 1709 build 16299.15. Presume this is before fall creators? Should I just let windows update do the updates? Or should I update manually?

My Toshiba has an AMD processor. I did read that MS has stopped updating to AMD processors because there is a problem with some older processors: Microsoft halts AMD Meltdown and Spectre patches after reports of unbootable PCs - The Verge
    Seems like this might have been cause of my problems *Sad With fresh install, at least they should not try and update until they have the problem fixed.

Right now, the computer is very sluggish. Router flashing. Presumably updating drivers, Dropbox etc. Will let it do its thing for a while before adding more software.

agent99, Jan 11, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    Version 1709 build 16299.15 was the initial build of the Fall Creators Update as released on 17th October. This should automatically itself update to the most recent cumulative update available for your PC. You can go to 'Settings > Update & Security' and click 'Check for updates' if you want to make sure you are up to date.

You will either get the 2017-12 update to build 16299.125 if yours is one of the affected AMD processors, or the 2018-01 update to 16299.192 if it isn't affected.

We now know which AMD processors are affected (my bold)...

An Update on AMD Processor Security for Spectre and Meltdown

8. agent99 Win User

Don't know what it is doing, but clean install is not going well. System has slowed almost to standstill. Been running for about 8hrs now. Unable to get even a cursor in search box. Not able to check navigate to see what might be happening. I can see ethernet and transfers are taking place.

I really should go back to Win7, but I don't have the original update disk with Key with me (and I am 1000miles from home!)

agent99, Jan 11, 2018
  9. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jan 12, 2018
  10. agent99 Win User
    Not sure I understand.

The clean installation of Windows 10 seemed to progress normally. I got to the initial desktop. Checked and found I had 170 build 16299.15 installed.

Problems came after that - don't know what it is doing, but presumably checking hardware drivers and starting on updates. It has slowed down so much, I can' even get to the Updates page.

agent99, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Recycle Bin in recovery partition filling - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin recovery

2. recycle bin recovery after emptying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recycle bin recovery after emptying: Can I retrieve documents sent to Recycle bin after emptying recycle bin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-bin-recovery-after-emptying/00cbf30e-d091-475b-9b66-3a56a3701beb
  3. recycle bin recovery after emptying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recycle bin recovery after emptying: Can I retrieve documents sent to Recycle bin after emptying recycle bin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-bin-recovery-after-emptying/00cbf30e-d091-475b-9b66-3a56a3701beb
  4. No Recycle Bin in new partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Recycle Bin in new partition: I have an old computer with Windows 8. I had the OS partition C, and a data partition D. I shrank C, making some 80Gb room between C and D. I created one more partition with Disk Management -> Create Simple Volume. Now I see that both C and D have their hidden $RECYCLE.BIN...
  5. No Recycle Bin in new partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Recycle Bin in new partition: I have an old computer with Windows 8. I had the OS partition C, and a data partition D. I shrank C, making some 80Gb room between C and D. I created one more partition with Disk Management -> Create Simple Volume. Now I see that both C and D have their hidden $RECYCLE.BIN...
  6. Recycle bin is filled with tmpOTAUpdate files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin is filled with tmpOTAUpdate files.: Recycle bin of my laptop is automatically filled with files named tmpOTAUpdate. Though delete these files from recycle bin, it is filled again and again....
  7. files recovery from recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files recovery from recycle bin: hey so this i was moveing some fioles and needed more space to do so i have random files on my desktop that i need to get rid of so i grabbed all those files including a house flipper withALL DLC NOW I LAUNCH ALL OF MY GAMES THRU THERE FILE FOLDERS ON MY DESKTOP I HAVE ABOUT...
  8. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  9. recycle bin recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recycle bin recovery: How (if possible) can you recover your videos, photos, ect. from your recycle bin if you already erased or emptied your recycle bin? I also realised after emptying or deleted all my files from the recycle bin that my file history is tured off (for some reason). And i do...
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635