Windows 10: Recycle Bin to taskbar?

Discus and support Recycle Bin to taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Tried pinning to start and right-clicking there but there is no "pin to taskbar" option. Anyone know how to put the recycle bin in my taskbar? 13626 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wiretap, Aug 6, 2015.

1. wiretap Win User

Recycle Bin to taskbar?

Tried pinning to start and right-clicking there but there is no "pin to taskbar" option. Anyone know how to put the recycle bin in my taskbar?

:)

wiretap, Aug 6, 2015

2. How to empty external drive using recycle bin on Windows 10 computer.

Original Title: Empty external drive recycle bin

I use TreeSize to empty the usb drive.

Is there a way to make Windows recycle bin empty the USBs recycle bin?

I read about showing hidden files and folders then emptying the USBs recycle bin.

It is unclear how to do this as one recycle bin.

Peter D. N., Aug 6, 2015
  3. Vijay B Win User
    how to delete my trash in 10

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Are you referring to the trash in Recycle Bin?

If you are referring to the trash in recycle bun, then if you have trash in the recycle bin, you can right click on the Recycle bin and click on Empty Recycle bin.

If you are not referring to the trash in recycle bin, then I would suggest you to provide us more information to assist you further.

Vijay B, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Recycle Bin to taskbar?

Right click on Desktop, choose New>Shortcut,
    Enter explorer.exe shell:recyclebinfolder and click Next (include the space between exe and shell),
    name it what you wish and click Finish,
    right click on the new shortcut and choose Properties then Change Icon,
    enter imageres.dll where shell32 is and scroll over til you see recycle bin icon, choose then OK then Apply and OK,
    Drag that onto your taskbar and delete the shortcut if you wish.

Edwin, Aug 6, 2015
  5. There are actually a few other ways to see the icon for the Recycle Bin added or Pinned to the task bar. The first guide found here at TF is the Quick Access Toolbar method. Quick Access Toolbar - Add Empty Recycle Bin in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

The second is from SevenForums where you create a new toolbar and see that added to the taskbar for either a single item like the Recycle Bin or multiple programs like IE, WExplorer, an icon for each app you can add into one folder that is pinned and turned intoa jump list. Recycle Bin - Pin to Taskbar - Windows 7 Help Forums[2]=Taskbar%20Start%20Menu

I've using this other method since Vista to roll up any number of system functions, utilities, and wrapping games in others. Once you have a new folder for Trash created at the root of C: you simply right click on the RBin icon when set to appear on the desktop to create a new shortcut. The shortcut is then either dragged or moved into the new folder.

When later right clicking on the taskbar itself you select the new toolbar option and browse to and select the Trash folder and apply it. At first you will see Trash appear in text where you right click again and uncheck the Title and Text items to then see only the waste basket icon remain in view. For other toolbars with several shortcuts you would simply name the folder created to the catagory unless mixing up the type of apps they go to.

Night Hawk, Aug 6, 2015
  6. U forget about one more way - third-party software. I solved this problem without any manipulations by using Actual Multiple Monitors software.*Cool After installation it puts a fully functional Recycle Bin on my taskbar.
    Here is how it looks

Recycle Bin to taskbar? [​IMG]

masterflomaster, Oct 7, 2015
  7. And..... ? I have RocketDock on here that comes with a large Recycle Bin icon but set that for auto hide on the secondary display. The new toolbar remains the quick solve without any need for any 3rd party ware. A bit less clutter.

Night Hawk, Oct 7, 2015
  8. flycaster Win User

Recycle Bin to taskbar?

I have followed the method described in Post #2. All went well with placing the shortcut into the taskbar except that it has the explorer icon. When clicking on the shortcut's properties to get the recycle icon, I was unable to substitute imageres.dll for shell32 as there was no shell32. Instead there was: C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:recyclebinfolder. Where did I go wrong?

flycaster, Jan 8, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Change the icon before you pin it to the taskbar, just type into the dialog and press Enter:

BTW, depending on what Build you're on, you may have to pin the shortcut to Start first, then right click on that to pin it to the taskbar.

Edwin, Jan 8, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
  11. flycaster Win User
    Something screwed up. I deleted the present recycle icon (that looked like the explorer icon) and then went to pin the desktop recycle bin icon to Start. However, after several tries, it never pinned to Start???

flycaster, Jan 8, 2016
  12. You should have followed the advice Shawn gave you in pointing you to the guide I was already reflecting on in my posts earlier where you right click on the Recycle Bin shortcut on the desktop not to pin but to either see a new shortcut made of that and then hide the first. You can then rename the "Recycle Bin shortcut" to Recycle Bin and drag it into the new folder like "Trash Can" you create on C: and then select the new toolbar option when right clicking on the taskbar to select the new folder while having the taskbar unlocked. That will allow you to move the Recycle Bin around a bit.

Or as the guide explains there simply create the new folder with whatever name you prefer and simply drag the original Recycle Bin shortcut itself into the folder which automatically creates a new shortcut as explained in the guide. You can also hide the folder title as well as text for the Recycle when right clicking on the new toolbar to check or uncheck those items to see only the icon appear on the taskbar. The new toolbar method also works for having a Quick Launch or "Quick Bar" folder where you have a new jump list of desktop shortcuts all contained in a new dropdown menu from the taskbar rather then a desktop full of clutter!

Night Hawk, Jan 9, 2016
  13. flycaster Win User

Recycle Bin to taskbar?

Thanks for the help, guys, but I'm a little slow on the up take. Here's what's happening lately. Window 10 gremlins appear to be at work. After stating that I couldn't get the Recycle bin into Start, this morning after bootup I tried again and this time. rather unexpectedly, the RB icon did appear within Start. Dragged it onto the Desktop and created a shortcut. Then when selecting Properties, rather unexpectedly there was Shell32 and replaced it with imageres.dll. Unlocked the toolbar and tried dragging the shortcut icon onto the toolbar where I had placed my other program application shortcut icons, but it wouldn't stick. However, it did stick on the left side of the TB, in the space between the toolbar proper (had this toolbar previously aligned so that the icons would be in the middle and not to one side) and the three default icons on the far left. Furthermore, and I have no idea what this is, there is a folder (apparently non-functioning) just to the left of the RB icon and there now is a CTI folder on the desktop. I'd like to have the RB icon in with the other apps icons and get rid of the unknow folder and the CTI folder...please advise.

flycaster, Jan 9, 2016
  14. Well for one you don't "drag" anything onto the taskbar but right click on a shortcut to see it pinned instead. This is where you got into trouble.

As for the folder now being seen on the desktop you apparently dragged that from it's original location onto the desktop which is found under your user account. With two Explorer windows open and knowing the original location for the folder if not something just created you can drag the folder back to where it came from.

As for the shortcut of the Pinned to Start Recycle Bin you ended up with a new toolbar anyways but not the preferred end result you would have seen by simply following the instructions in the guide posted! The steps in the guide have been proved to work as the author double and triple checks things. What else can be said.

And as for the mishap with the shortcut that can be deleted since it is only an extra shortcut while the CFI folder? is certainly far more unknown to any of us without examining the contents of your drive there as well as the programs installed to identify what that could belong to. If you have a family member or close friend who has a bit of experience and can take a first hand look or you can post screens of how that appears that would be a help in how to go about advising you on how to see that cleared up.

Night Hawk, Jan 10, 2016
  15. Edwin New Member
    It seems you may have dropped the Recycle Bin shortcut into the CTI, (Center Taskbar Icons), folder which should be residing in your documents folder.
    Start from scratch; this may help:

[youtube]b4N-KJgn4Zw[/youtube]

Edwin, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

Recycle Bin to taskbar?

1. Recycle Bin to taskbar? - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin taskbar

2. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recycle bin: I followed the instructions for showing recycle bin on my desktop, the box next to "recycle bin" is checked in my desktop settings menu, but there is no recycle bin on my desktop. I searched "recycle bin" in "my computer" folder and in my user folder, and it cannot be found....
  3. $recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    $recycle bin: If I uncheck show hidden protected operating system, the $recycle bin is seen. Is it safe to delete inside $recycle bin file? Its my first time and i don't know its safe or not....
  4. How to pin Recycle Bin to the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to pin Recycle Bin to the taskbar.: I was going through my documents and found this, which I wrote a few months back. Still seems to work. It's not written very clearly, but shouldn't be too hard to follow. Hope this helps someone. "How I pinned the Recycle bin to taskbar: 1: Create a Recycle bin shortcut 2:...
  5. Is there a way to put the recycle bin on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to put the recycle bin on the taskbar?: Is there a way to put the recycle bin on the taskbar? I want a completely empty desktop but can find a way to move the recycle bin to the taskbar or remove it completely. is this possible? submitted by /u/Dyl2013 [link] [comments]...
  6. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  7. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin: My deleted files are "always permanently deleted". the option to send files to recycle bin is greyed out. I prefer to have the files go to the recycle bin, but I can never do this....
  8. recycle bin

recycle bin: My recycle bin is gone I have tried going to personalization still no recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/d0b32fab-3259-4323-92e9-b49ecdd6f9f5
  9. Recycle bin

Recycle bin: My recycle bin has gone form the desktop. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/1ecc9392-6e4d-452d-90f8-be9108c77f6e
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635