Windows 10: Removing account while keeping MS Office

Discus and support Removing account while keeping MS Office in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought my wife a new laptop and purchased MS Office 2019 for it. Her old computer had MS Office Professional 2016 which, because I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rwpirie2, Jan 4, 2019.

1. rwpirie2 Win User

Removing account while keeping MS Office

Hi,
    I recently bought my wife a new laptop and purchased MS Office 2019 for it. Her old computer had MS Office Professional 2016 which, because I didn't have the product key, couldn't be transferred to the new PC. I would like to give her old laptop to a neighbor girl who is in need of one but want to leave MS Office on it.

Here's my issue:
    I would like to remove my wife's account information, all data files and software EXCEPT MS Office. Is there some relatively painless way to do this? Otherwise, I'll be forced to remove everything before giving the machine away.

Thanks for any help.

Rob

:)

rwpirie2, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Removing account while keeping MS Office [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Removing account while keeping MS Office - Similar Threads - Removing account while

2. Can i keep both ms office 365 and ms office 2013...will there be any problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i keep both ms office 365 and ms office 2013...will there be any problem: Can i keep both ms office 365 and ms office 2013 ..will there be any problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-keep-both-ms-office-365-and-ms-office/a2a0083d-f321-4cb5-87b1-6e299ca386ae
  3. MS Office

MS Office: How to upgrade Microsoft word/officde from 2019 to 2021?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office/6c6cf6e5-cd1c-4f47-9c5d-c257520afff1
  4. Different MS account for Windows and Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Different MS account for Windows and Office?: Can you have windows login using one microsoft account, and office 365 installation activated with a different microsoft account? 182157
  5. office 365 and or MS accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    office 365 and or MS accounts: I have companies sending me documents linked to a SharePoint box they hold docs in. MS I think claims i have a business and personal account using the same email address. I attempted to log in my account yet am receiving an error message as shown below. I have attempted to...
  6. Update Windows removed MS Office

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Windows removed MS Office: I recently updated my laptop and no longer have MS Office as for my documents on my computer however they are available online. I have something called Neat Office. What happened and can I get MS back on my computer without being charged?...
  7. Microsoft accounts and MS Office

Microsoft accounts and MS Office: I am constantly getting a message to update my security on my Hotmail and Gmail account. I have removed both and added again but this still continues. Also a recently added MS Office 365 stops working and I have to reload! What is going on????...
  8. Remove defunct MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove defunct MS account: Hi - My Windows 10 setup is linked to an account associated with an old email that doesn't exist anymore. I can't remember the password, so I can't get into it. But it's the administrator account so it seems I can't do anything without accessing it. I did manage to close...
  9. Keep OneDrive without integration into MS Office

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep OneDrive without integration into MS Office: One drive can be a very useful online storage mechanism. However currently one drive integration with Microsoft Products like Windows and Office is way to extensive and not configurable. Is it possible to have One Drive installed on a Windows laptop, where it continues to...
  10. MS office 2016 standard complete removal.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS office 2016 standard complete removal.: Dear Team, Greetings for the day! I have recently purchased one laptop and which is running with windows 10 Pro. I have uninstalled MS office 2016 standard, but still its showing and re-opening. However could please help me out this issue. Regards Yogesha Naik...