Windows 10: Removing Quick access from the Navigation

Discus and support Removing Quick access from the Navigation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you remove Quick access from the left side of your folders when you have the navigation enabled? I can remove all of the icons under it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SightUp, Jul 28, 2015.

1. SightUp Win User

Removing Quick access from the Navigation

How do you remove Quick access from the left side of your folders when you have the navigation enabled? I can remove all of the icons under it just fine, but I cannot remove Quick access as a whole.

:)

SightUp, Jul 28, 2015

2. Right click not working and file explorer takes ages to open!

Hi alpie_ap

Had the same problem. Seems the problem was a network path to a sharepoint site in my Quick access list of File Explorer that was not accessible.

To resolve the problem, I removed all entries below Quick Access. Probably it would have been sufficient to just remove the problematic Quick access entry to the network path.

Note: If you do not see Quick Access in Explorer, to show it go to View tab, Navigation pane and select Navigation pane.

Best

Stephan

Stephan510, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Mike_11_ Win User
    How can I remove icons from the File Explorer navigation pane?

The icons I want to remove are not in the quick access section,
    here is a bigger picture
    . The quick access section is at the top I want to remove icons from the bottom Desktop section. My desktop folder is empty as described above and in
    this picture so the icons should not appear in the navigation pane.

Mike_11_, Jul 28, 2015
  4. NoDeX Win User

NoDeX, Jul 28, 2015
  5. SightUp Win User
    SightUp, Jul 28, 2015
  6. NoDeX Win User
    Yes, that's the only info I get for partial hiding. Try to right click on it and see if it has option to hide it (I was trying something similar in Insider builds).

If not, look at some Administrative Settings --> Windows Explorer in gpedit.msc

NoDeX, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  8. SightUp Win User

OK. So if I understand this guide correctly, I need to gain control over some files first? Is there a way to gain control over the whole system so if I ever have to do it again, I don't have to do this in the future? Is there a .reg I can do to execute that? Then is there a .reg for removal as well?

SightUp, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No need to do the whole system. Once you do the steps 4 and 5 in the tutorial the first time, you won't have to do it again to be able to make changes later.

There's not a .reg file to do this for you since you have to do steps 4 and 5 first.

It's pretty easy to do if you go step by step in the tutorial. Please feel free to post any questions you may have about it though.

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  10. SightUp Win User
    Steps 4 and 5 are way to complicated for something this small!

SightUp, Jul 29, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Unfortunately, they are required steps. Without doing them, you will not be able to change the registry value. *Sad

If you don't want to use Quick access, and don't want to do the steps above, then you could do the tutorial below as a workaround instead to have File Explorer open to This PC instead of Quick access.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...ck-access.html

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  12. SightUp Win User
    Found a solutions that is 10x easier. You may add it to the guides!

So you download this: RegOwnershipEx

Point and shoot it at the key that needs to be given ownership of and you can do it.

However, I think you only need to use the top one. I am not sure what the bottom one does. Maybe someone else does?

Source: Windows 10 Tweaks Fixes - Page 51

SightUp, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Great news.

The bottom registry key is only required to be done if you have a 64-bit Windows 10.

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  14. SightUp Win User
    Wait. Why? I have 64-bit. I did just the top one and it disappeared. What does the second one do?

SightUp, Jul 29, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Removing Quick access from the Navigation - Similar Threads - Removing Quick access

2. Quick Access Has Disappeared from the Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Has Disappeared from the Navigation Pane.: My kid started pressing buttons randomly as they do...She some how got the quick access set of folders in the organize tab to disappear yet the navigation pane is checked under the layout tab when clicking on organize.. This is only while trying to save using the built in...
  3. Quick Access Has Disappeared from the Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Has Disappeared from the Navigation Pane.: My kid started pressing buttons randomly as they do...She some how got the quick access set of folders in the organize tab to disappear yet the navigation pane is checked under the layout tab when clicking on organize.. This is only while trying to save using the built in...
  4. Quick Access Has Disappeared from the Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Quick Access is missing in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access is missing in the navigation pane: Everything else shows up in the navigation pane like videos and pictures, but the only thing missing is the Quick Access folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-is-missing-in-the-navigation-pane/fa12ce12-1b60-4c86-ace5-d0617d2a165a
  6. Quick Access Missing from Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Missing from Navigation Pane: Setup a new computer and the Navigation Pane is missing the Quick Access folders. I have the quick launch up at the top along the bar but it's not listed in the Library area. This is what is missing from the machine. I've tried resetting the view panels and making a change in...
  7. How to show or remove Quick access and Favorites from Navigation Pane of Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or remove Quick access and Favorites from Navigation Pane of Explorer: [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 File Explorer does not display Quick access or Favorites in the navigation pane, or you want to remove or hide them, […] This article How to show or remove Quick access and Favorites from Navigation Pane of Explorer first appeared on...
  8. Remove from Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove from Quick access: You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one ! Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3 files that say recent files, i have tried uninstalling OneDrive & reinstalling which didn't work ! Any ideas on how to either...
  9. Remove Gray Pin icon from Quick access Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Gray Pin icon from Quick access Navigation Pane: For Pinned items in Quick Access in Win10 Navigation pane, a gray Pin icon is displayed beside each item. Can it be removed or made transparent with Reshacker? Note: I wanted to keep the Quick access feature so that I can still drag and drop in Nav pane. Thank you...
  10. Remove Quick access from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Quick access from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Remove Quick access from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Quick access in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the shortest route to files...