Windows 10: Require serious help after creating a Microsoft account for a local account and not having...

Discus and support Require serious help after creating a Microsoft account for a local account and not having... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have created a microsoft account to sync my settings to my computer. I had a local account. Going through the process I had it all set up on a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Seabass247, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Require serious help after creating a Microsoft account for a local account and not having...

I have created a microsoft account to sync my settings to my computer. I had a local account. Going through the process I had it all set up on a browser but did not notice it ended in hotmail.com and not outlook.es. Having a hard time retracing my steps because it told me to enter a password and said to leave it blank to continue. I created a different password for this account from my local. I had no problem signing with my old account password. After getting disconnected from the wifi, I had to enter my microsoft account which I did but it kept failing. After a while, getting back internet connection it says I can not log in because my account is locked. Before I was able to sign in with my old password but not I can not use anything at all. I cant not recover that account because it is actually someone else account and a type I have done.

Is there anyway that I can sign into my old local account using my password? I have alot of a stuff on my harddrive and I do not want to lose it. I cant even seem to retrace my steps. Please help

:)

Seabass247, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Require serious help after creating a Microsoft account for a local account and not having... [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Require serious help after creating a Microsoft account for a local account and not having...

Mindweaver, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Require serious help after creating a Microsoft account for a local account and not having...

1. Require serious help after creating a Microsoft account for a local account and not having... - Similar Threads - Require serious help

2. Disable creating local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable creating local accounts: I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a local account I am able to bypass some of these. I am looking for a way to disable creating any other kind of account on my PC....
  3. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  4. Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account: My Wife got a new computer and when i set it up I logged into my Microsoft account. Now it brings up my name and not hers and it is switching pictures between the two computers. How do I get my account off set it up for her?...
  5. Local Account / Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Account / Microsoft Account: I have a desktop & a laptop and on both the devices I have logged in with my Microsoft account, but unlike my desktop when I login to my laptop, it makes me sign with a password not a pin which I had setup myself in Settings>Sign-in options>Password. To remove this I simply...
  6. Local account to microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Local account to microsoft account?: So my microsft account is linked with a activated windows theres no problem with that. I built a pc and before installing windows with a local account i have some question. I know you can log in with your microsoft account after seting it up with a local account but will the...
  7. Login to windows 10 requires local account not Microsoft account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login to windows 10 requires local account not Microsoft account password: My Windows 10 account was converted from a Local account. When I log on to the account I have to give the old local account password, not the Microsoft account password. How can I change this so as to use the Microsoft account password instead?...
  8. Help with replacement of Microsoft account with local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with replacement of Microsoft account with local account: When I installed windows, I used a local account but recently had to login to get a application from the Microsoft Store. After I logged in, I noticed that my account had bound to it and went into my settings to find the option where I could login with a local account...
  9. Microsoft account or local account ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  10. Local Account - Password Required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account - Password Required: Someone Help Me??? During the Local account changing process(From Microsoft Account). I have changed my username from existing one to new one and i leave the password fields as empty. After the completing the process. i restarted my laptop and i try to re-login. Now password...