Windows 10: Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10 This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10

How to: Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10

How to Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10

This tutorial is no longer valid starting with Windows 10 build 18277.

Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Action Center in Windows 10 has personalized quick actions at the bottom, which get you to your most-used settings and apps instantly. For example, to be able to easily toggle on/off or open items such as Airplane mode, All settings, Connect, Display, Location, Note, Quiet hours, Tablet Mode, VPN, and Wi-Fi.

Users can choose quick actions in Settings to show at the bottom of their Action Center.

This tutorial will show you how to quickly reset the chosen quick actions in Action Center back to default for your account in Windows 10.

Note The downloadable .bat file in this tutorial will restore the default values in the registry key below to reset quick actions back to their default order for the current account you are signed in to.

Code:
    EXAMPLE: Default Action Center Quick Actions

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.
    Reset_Action_Center_Quick_Actions.bat

Download
    2. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .bat file.

4. Double click/tap on the .bat file to run it.

5. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close, and then your desktop quickly flash as explorer is restarted to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 12, 2017
  2. otium Win User

Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to turn on/off certain Quick Actions icons in the Action Center via the registry, instead of doing it manually as described above.

Before asking here I've wandered through some posts and searched the internet. I've noticed these keys:

1/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\

Here's a list of names of all the Quick Actions.

2/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\UnpinnedByDefault

Here's a list of names of Quick Actions that should be Unpinned by default. If I add some here (based on the names in the list described above) and reboot it doesn't seem to work.

3/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\ActionCenter\Quick Actions

The value PinnedQuickActionSlotCount here is set at 4, which is the amount of Quick Actions seen by default without expanding the view in the Action Center. I don't need to change this one so I haven't tried it.

4/

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned

There seems to be a numbered list here of Pinned Quick Actions. The names are the same as in the list I mentioned in (1/). However if I remove some values here it also doesn't have effect (even after a reboot).

----

Conclusion: I haven't found a thing that actually worked. Did anyone figure this out already?

Thanks,

otium, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Quick actions missing from action center

Quick actions suddenly disappeared from action center. I tried resetting windows as last resort after trying sfc, chkdsk and DISM. But still there are no quick actions in the Action Center. Action center opens normally and all notifications are displayed
    after windows reset (It used to open and close automatically in a second before the reset).

SushrutSahasrabudhe, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10

Windows 10 Action Center - WiFi Not A Quick Action Choice

Hello Everyone,

Recently installed Windows 10 on my PC & wife's laptop. Her laptop has more options for the Quick actions buttons, scrolling list, and shows WiFi.

My PC has only 7 options for the Quick actions, no scrolling, and WiFi isn't one. Also, WiFi isn't shown on the Action Center window.

Anyone know why?

Thanks,

John

Johnny Dingo, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10

1. Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset Action Center

2. How to reset Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to get quick access to commonly used apps and settings in […] This article How to reset Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Quick Actions on Action Center are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Actions on Action Center are not working: I used to open the Action Center to control some features like: turning on Bluetooth or Night Mode, but suddenly it stopped working and all features are greyed out. On Settings menu, I can't select which Quick Actions I want because "Edit Quick Actions" doesn't open anything...
  4. Quick action in action center is unavailable

Quick action in action center is unavailable: Quick action in action center in my windows 10 is unavailable. How can I resolve thi issue? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-action-in-action-center-is-unavailable/a2f3af87-4233-40a0-849a-cade3adcdcaf
  5. Quick actions missing from action center

Quick actions missing from action center: Quick actions suddenly disappeared from action center. I tried resetting windows as last resort after trying sfc, chkdsk and DISM. But still there are no quick actions in the Action Center. Action center opens normally and all notifications are displayed after windows reset...
  6. Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled: Hello, since a couple of days i'm struggling with the following issue - all of my quick actions in the actions center are disabled. I cannot click on them. Also actions center doesn't react to what I have checked in 'Actions and Notifications' settings. The list is constant,...
  7. Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10 Mobile: How to: Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10 Mobile How to Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Windows 10 Mobile puts important notifications from your apps just a swipe away in action center, along with...
  8. Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10 The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows toast notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system...
  9. Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10: How to: Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 How to Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 The Action Center has personalized quick actions at the bottom to be able to easily toggle on/off or open items such as Airplane mode, All settings,...
  10. Backup and Restore Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 This tutorial is no longer valid starting with Windows 10 build 18277. [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10...