Windows 10: Change Number of Quick Actions to Show in Windows 10 Action Center

Discus and support Change Number of Quick Actions to Show in Windows 10 Action Center in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Number of Quick Actions to Show in Windows 10 Action Center How to Change Number of Quick Actions to Show in Windows 10 Action Center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by oneLess, Jan 21, 2017.

1. oneLess Win User

Change Number of Quick Actions to Show in Windows 10 Action Center

How to: Change Number of Quick Actions to Show in Windows 10 Action Center

How to Change Number of Quick Actions to Show in Windows 10 Action Center

This tutorial is no longer valid starting with Windows 10 build 18277.

Change Number of Quick Actions to Show in Windows 10 Action Center [​IMG]
    Information The Action Center in Windows 10 has personalized quick actions at the bottom, which get you to your most-used settings and apps instantly. For example, to be able to easily toggle on/off or open items such as Airplane mode, All settings, Connect, Display, Location, Note, Quiet hours, Tablet Mode, VPN, and Wi-Fi.

Users can choose quick actions in Settings to show at the bottom of their Action Center.

This tutorial will show you how to change how many quick actions to show in the Action Center before expanding for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to change how many quick actions show in the Action Center and Settings for all users.

Note Settings will only show up to six quick actions, but the Action Center can show all available quick actions without having to expand.

EXAMPLE: Quick Actions set to 0 (zero) and 4 (default)

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

3. Browse to the Quick Actions key at the location below in Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\ActionCenter\Quick Actions

4. In the right pane of the Quick Actions key, double click/tap on the PinnedQuickActionSlotCount DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot above)

5. Select (dot) Decimal, enter a number for how many of your available quick actions you want to show, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Note 4 is the default number of quick actions to show.

0 (zero) will have no quick actions show in your Action Center until you expand them.

As an example, I have a total of 13 quick actions available in my Action Center, so I could enter a number between 0 to 13 to show without having to expand.

6. sign out and sign in to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

oneLess, Jan 21, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 21, 2017
  3. windows 10 notification number badge not showing

Thank you for the information.

Notifications in Windows 10 are integrated into the Action Center. The white Action Center icon indicates that you have new notifications, and the number badge shows you how many.

To disable the number badge, right-click the Action Center icon and select
    "Don't show number of new notifications" on the pop-up menu.

To help you turn it on, right-click on the Action Center icon and choose
    "Show number of new notifications" option.

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, Jan 21, 2017
  4. oneLess Win User

tip somehow related ,

if you change the registry key "Type" from the default dword value 1 to 0

will vanish [VPN] tile from : settings/system/notifications and action center quick actions tiles
    AFTER a RESTART
    but you will still have normal access to VPN via settings/networks & internet/VPN

/edit

for vanish [Project] tile
    replace SystemSettings_Connections_Add_VPN with QuickActions_Launcher_DisplayTopology
    same value for vanishing [2=showed/default => 0=vanished/hided]

for vanish [All settings] tile
    replace SystemSettings_Connections_Add_VPN with QuickActions_Launcher_AllSettings
    same value for vanishing [1=showed/default => 0=vanished]

and so on for any tile , just found and set the proper entry in registry

for undo , restore default values in registry and RESTART

c

oneLess, Jan 21, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello oneLess, *Smile

By default, only 4 quick actions will show at the bottom of the Action Center unless you click on "Expand" to see all of them.

Brink, Jan 21, 2017
  6. oneLess Win User
    I found a way to have ALL tiles expanded permanently on quick actions
    with expand/collapse button/link vanished/hided

this is possible if :

1. the number you set to PinnedQuickActionSlotCount must be greater than or equal
    with your [maximum number of quick action tiles] you have
    a bigger number is better , because in future microsoft can add new quick action tiles via updates and those will be showed there
    I set this value to 100=0x64

2. a restart its a must [a sign out/sign in its not enough]

3. before restart you must have the quick actions tiles already expanded
    if tiles are in a collapsed state before restart
    you will have after restart only first 4 tiles (1 row) , without expand button/link

MORE INFO

you still can disable/enable tiles in [settings/system/notifications and actions]
    I keep only 8 tiles for desktops ( 2 full rows , like in the attached picture) and 12 tiles for notebooks ( 3 rows)
    [1 more extra tile will eat a lot from action center notifications area]

or you can vanished them like I presented in post #2 about VPN tile and others ,
    any tile can be vanished with the proper setting in registry
    I use this way for contextual useless tiles
    (VPN , Project , All settings is anyway so redundant if I need 1 more free space there)

with 0,1,2,3 and 4 values , works like Brink said
    with values between 5 and ([maximum number of quick action tiles you have] -1)
    the behavior is like the value is set to 4 (default) , explained by Brink above

you can anytime undo that by setting the default value 4 (restart its a must)

c

oneLess, Jan 28, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you for the tip @oneLess. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Number of Quick Actions to Show in Windows 10 Action Center - Similar Threads - Change Number Quick

2. Quick Actions on Action Center are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Actions on Action Center are not working: I used to open the Action Center to control some features like: turning on Bluetooth or Night Mode, but suddenly it stopped working and all features are greyed out. On Settings menu, I can't select which Quick Actions I want because "Edit Quick Actions" doesn't open anything...
  3. Quick action in action center is unavailable

Quick action in action center is unavailable: Quick action in action center in my windows 10 is unavailable. How can I resolve thi issue? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-action-in-action-center-is-unavailable/a2f3af87-4233-40a0-849a-cade3adcdcaf
  4. Quick actions missing from action center

Quick actions missing from action center: Quick actions suddenly disappeared from action center. I tried resetting windows as last resort after trying sfc, chkdsk and DISM. But still there are no quick actions in the Action Center. Action center opens normally and all notifications are displayed after windows reset...
  5. Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled: Hello, since a couple of days i'm struggling with the following issue - all of my quick actions in the actions center are disabled. I cannot click on them. Also actions center doesn't react to what I have checked in 'Actions and Notifications' settings. The list is constant,...
  6. Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10 Mobile: How to: Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10 Mobile How to Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Windows 10 Mobile puts important notifications from your apps just a swipe away in action center, along with...
  7. Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10 The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows toast notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system...
  8. Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10: How to: Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 How to Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 The Action Center has personalized quick actions at the bottom to be able to easily toggle on/off or open items such as Airplane mode, All settings,...
  9. Backup and Restore Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 This tutorial is no longer valid starting with Windows 10 build 18277. [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10...
  10. Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10 This tutorial is no longer valid starting with Windows 10 build 18277. [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change the number of quick actions windows 10

2. windows 10 quick actions crashes