Windows 10: Reset Firefox to Default in Windows

Discus and support Reset Firefox to Default in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Firefox to Default in Windows How to Completely Reset Firefox to Default in Windows [img] Information You can completely reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 16, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset Firefox to Default in Windows

How to: Reset Firefox to Default in Windows

How to Completely Reset Firefox to Default in Windows

Reset Firefox to Default in Windows [​IMG]
    Information You can completely reset Firefox to default like when it was first installed. Resetting Firefox will include resetting all Firefox settings to default and deleting your profiles, themes, extensions, bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, and web form auto-fill information.

This tutorial will show you how to completely reset Mozilla Firefox back to default for your account in Windows.

EXAMPLE: Default Firefox first startup

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the download button below to download the .bat file below.

Note The .bat file will delete the two folders below to reset Firefox to default for the current account in Windows.

*Arrow %LocalAppData%\Mozilla\Firefox

*Arrow %AppData%\Mozilla

Completely_reset_Firefox_to_default.bat

Download
    2. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .bat file.

4. Close any open Firefox windows.

5. Run the .bat file.

6. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close to reset Firefox to default.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 16, 2017

2. How can I prevent my default brower from being reset to Edge from FireFox?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Firefox as default browser and check if it helps.

• Go to “Settings” and click on “System”.
    • Under the “Default apps” tab, click on “Set defaults by app”.
    • Locate for “Mozilla Firefox” click on it.
    • Then click on “Choose defaults for this program” and check all the
      boxes.
    • Click on “Save” and then “OK”.
    • Then reboot the computer and check settings has been reset or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Firefox not showing as default browser?

HI Zane, sorry you’re having these troubles.

Here are the steps I would take:

Let’s run through some items to try to fix Edge.

Reset Edge. Click start - settings - apps - find Edge on the list. Click on it, and then advanced, terminate, then hit reset. Make sure it’s strong hold on anything is gone.

Now, uninstall Firefox, reboot, reinstall.

See if you can now assign Firefox as your default browser.

Good luck, and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Reset Firefox to Default in Windows

PVTCaboose1337, Oct 26, 2019
  5. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Reseting Firefox

Simple, go to start > all programs > Mozilla Firefox > and select "Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)"

6. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Reset Firefox to Default in Windows

1. Reset Firefox to Default in Windows - Similar Threads - Reset Firefox Default

2. How to set Firefox as the default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Firefox as the default browser?: I noticed Firefox is no longer listed as a choice for my default browser. I'm old school. I know. [ATTACH] Anyone know of a workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-firefox-as-the-default-browser/f073b2eb-2699-49a4-90a8-ccf381b41cb0
  3. downloading firefox for default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading firefox for default browser: I just got this laptop literally an hour ago. I want to install firefox as my default browser. it says I can't do it because I am in "s" mode and need to get an app from the Microsoft store. I can't find the app. I don't want internet explorer as my browser. can someone...
  4. Can't make FireFox default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't make FireFox default browser?: Every time I start FireFox I'm presented with a dialog asking if I want to make it my default browser. Yes I do!! I am brought to the screen which lets me choose a browser, but FireFox isn't among the choices. I choose to search for another browser and I'm brought to the...
  5. set firefox as default browser in windows 10

set firefox as default browser in windows 10: I have firefox installed and use it as my browser. I want to set it as my default browser in Windows 10 but it does not appear as an option in the browser selection box. How do I get it into the browser selection box?...
  6. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  7. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  8. Firefox not showing as default browser?

Firefox not showing as default browser?: So....I have tried everything (trust me I really have) and I've searched through numerous forums. This issue is just appallingly bad, and it seems to me that it is a deliberate attempt to force me to use browsers that Microsoft wants me to use...rather than what I CHOOSE....
  9. I want Firefox as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    I want Firefox as default browser: I have tried many things and looked for tutorial but I'm still lost. I keep telling Firefox to be my default browser and it doesn't keep the settings. I keep going back to I.E. I go into Firefox and select use as my default browser and that doesn't work. I'm using...
  10. Firefox is blocking Flash by default

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox is blocking Flash by default: After a number of issues and exploits have been discovered recently, Mozilla has taken a big step and is now blocking Flash in all of its Firefox browsers. Flash, the much maligned and hated software on which a surprisingly big part of the web still relies, has often been...